Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    If you look at the Gopher media guide, you will see that both of those squads had players that were not from Minnesota.
    Yet none of them played a single game. Look at the top of the page for the links I provided. Those are ALL of the players that played at least one game those seasons. So they did win a national title with only Minnesota players both of those seasons.

Comment

By the way, my initial comment was just a good natured jest. I'm really not arrogant enough to say my program is better just because we have the resources in state to field an all-in-state team. Though I am proud of the accomplishments of Minnesota Gopher Hockey, I do recognize, appreciate, and respect the tradition and history of UND hockey as well

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        By the way, my initial comment was just a good natured jest. I'm really not arrogant enough to say my program is better just because we have the resources in state to field an all-in-state team. Though I am proud of the accomplishments of Minnesota Gopher Hockey, I do recognize, appreciate, and respect the tradition and history of UND hockey as well
        It is generally the same way for most Sioux fans as well. Some are too blinded by hatred to actually admit it. Both are great programs steeped in history and tradition in the sport.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

It is generally the same way for most Sioux fans as well. Some are too blinded by hatred to actually admit it. Both are great programs steeped in history and tradition in the sport.
          Absolutely agree

Comment

That FS23 got hisself kicked in the head by a mule when he was just little. Never could hate worth a damm after that. Pity his poor mother.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              Yes, after all, we needed someone to beat in the 1979 Championship game.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

The North Dakota/NC$$ meeting is tomorrow. I don't see anything coming out of it other than the NC$$ re-stating their PC position. In related news, 6 Indian students sued the govenor, AG, SBOHE, UND and the state over the use of the nickname today. Apparently the use of the Fighting Sioux nickname is causing them to get an inferior free university education. Hmm.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  The North Dakota/NC$$ meeting is tomorrow. I don't see anything coming out of it other than the NC$$ re-stating their PC position. In related news, 6 Indian students sued the govenor, AG, SBOHE, UND and the state over the use of the nickname today. Apparently the use of the Fighting Sioux nickname is causing them to get an inferior free university education. Hmm.
                  And yet another comical spin on the facts by a UND fan with very little cognitive ability in his one brain cell. Read the facts HERE. Interesting how the article points out that whoever (I assume a UND student) attempted to write "Prairie Nigga" couldn't even spell it correctly. Classy.

Comment

It's almost as comical as being told by a couple Minnesota fans how a nickname, that will be finally be dropped starting today, is going to ruin the entire sporting world for UND. The Big Sky is going to kick UND out, Notre Dame isn't going to join NCHC (or whatever the hell it's called), no teams will play UND in any sport. Because obviously these couple of Minnesota fans have a much greater grasp on everything since they've vaguely followed the situation but have read three articles about Al Carlson's far too late and completely pointless scheme to save the nickname in the last month. That made them experts.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      It's almost as comical as being told by a couple Minnesota fans how a nickname, that will be finally be dropped starting today, is going to ruin the entire sporting world for UND. The Big Sky is going to kick UND out, Notre Dame isn't going to join NCHC (or whatever the hell it's called), no teams will play UND in any sport. Because obviously these couple of Minnesota fans have a much greater grasp on everything since they've vaguely followed the situation but have read three articles about Al Carlson's far too late and completely pointless scheme to save the nickname in the last month. That made them experts.
                      Hey, we have proven to be able to plant and grow trees, something you have yet to aspire too. So, clearly our wild opinions are fact. By the way, any body on the UND team get a DUI yet? Just looking for ammo for the last two WCHA seasons.

Comment

Back with the tree schtick? Seriously? I'd say you're bringing the mild sauce but that's weak sauce.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

http://www.twincities.com/ci_18663188?nclick_check=1

The article about the name change and the 6 students suing UND are in today's Pioneer Press as well.

Comment

Is North Dakota officially a state yet? If so, who says you have to listen to the feds?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Is North Dakota officially a state yet? If so, who says you have to listen to the feds?
                              +1
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Back with the tree schtick? Seriously? I'd say you're bringing the mild sauce but that's weak sauce.
                                I didn't want to bring up the over 10 years since your last championship on the same day you lose your abusive mascot.

Comment

Working...
                                X