Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    The Canadians don't allow convicted drunk drivers into the country. Does that have anything to do with it?
    No! They all have Queen's Pardons.
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
      No! They all have Queen's Pardons.
      They were pardoned for being Queens? Is that something that North Dakota requires?

Comment

Here's the real story:

Hakstol, Eades, and Jackson are playing a game.
        They're on a big ol' stateside boondoggle game of "Every State".
        They to be the first college program to land a player from every US state.
        They're hoping Phillies outfielder Shane Victorino has a son born in Honolulu who plays hockey so they can mark off "Hawai'ian".

Side note: Minnesota believes they've won "Every State" already because their recruiting map only shows "Minnesota".
        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 08-09-2011, 03:46 PM.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Here's the real story:
          They to be the first college program to land a player from every US state.
          Good idea. They can do that while we remain the only team who has won a title with only players from our own state

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Good idea. They can do that while we remain the only team who has won a title with only players from our own state
            That's called "xenophobic". I'll alert your campus Office of Diversity.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That's called "xenophobic". I'll alert your campus Office of Diversity.
              That's funny, I thought it was called tradition

Comment

I think I remember that, was it 2002 or 2003? Yeah, Minnesota natives Potulny and Vanek led the charge.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

That's funny, I thought it was called tradition
                  Pride on Ice? The ice melted and the pride is gone.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Pride on Ice? The ice melted and the pride is gone.
                    Neither pride nor ice is something that Minnesota is ever in short supply of.

Comment

Neither pride nor ice is something that Minnesota is ever in short supply of.
                      You mistake hubris for pride.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You mistake hubris for pride.
                        Nope, it's pride. Maybe if your fanbase had something to be prideful of, you'd understand

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                          I think I remember that, was it 2002 or 2003? Yeah, Minnesota natives Potulny and Vanek led the charge.

What Jdubbs doesn't get is that Minnesota has NEVER won a national title with a team made up of only Minnesotans. To be fair though, they did come awfully close a couple times. I don't think we'll ever see something like that again.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Nope, it's pride. Maybe if your fanbase had something to be prideful of, you'd understand
                            Can't really argue with hubris like that.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

What Jdubbs doesn't get is that Minnesota has NEVER won a national title with a team made up of only Minnesotans. To be fair though, they did come awfully close a couple times. I don't think we'll ever see something like that again.
                              Sure they have....

http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/p...list=1975-1976

http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/p...list=1978-1979

Comment

If you look at the Gopher media guide, you will see that both of those squads had players that were not from Minnesota.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X