X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I was told there'd be no math.

But I didn't come here to troll, I wanted to inquire as to if there was any update on this coming up year's schedule. Anyone, not just the person to which I quoted. You guys are the only WCHA team remaining with unscheduled NC games. I realize that some big news had come out regarding the NCHC, but maybe something slipped through the cracks.
    Supposedly the schedule will be officially released next week, as they are just finalizing some of the contracts.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Supposedly the schedule will be officially released next week, as they are just finalizing some of the contracts.
      Very good. Hopefully you are playing either Air Force or UAH (they both have NC series available, any other just have single games). I look forward to the info.

Comment

I like that JT Miller kid...He is a new favorite of Rink Pig!

Comment

I don't think we have the depth at blueline to have Gleason move up to Forward, unless Hak brings in a blueliner. I think at this point, we're going to have to get another late bloomer (ala Dickin) and see if they can come in and contribute right away. This really hurts our chances to contend for the MacNaughton, and I think we'll be in the group around 5-8 fighting for home ice (along with Wisconsin, Minnesota and SCSU). Of course, perhaps Grimaldi comes in and has a Kariya type season and we contend, but I just don't see it happening. I thought that Miller was going to have the better freshman year, given that he's physically a bit more ready than Grimaldi. Should make for an interesting season next year.
          I would've been more bummed if it was Grimaldi leaving. While losing Miller does suck, he only scored 8 goals in 50 games with the U.S. National Development team. He may have been more physically ready but I think we would've had to wait at least another year before we ever saw him being a huge offensive producer.

Either way, I can't say I'll be wishing the kid any luck especially with the 11th hour bailing but ah well, just how it goes sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
            I would've been more bummed if it was Grimaldi leaving. While losing Miller does suck, he only scored 8 goals in 50 games with the U.S. National Development team. He may have been more physically ready but I think we would've had to wait at least another year before we ever saw him being a huge offensive producer.

Either way, I can't say I'll be wishing the kid any luck especially with the 11th hour bailing but ah well, just how it goes sometimes.
            I don't have a problem with it. His goal is to make the NHL, not play college or junior hockey. If he and the Rangers prefer the OHL, more power to him. I never begrudge a young athlete pursuing a course that he or she thinks is best for them.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I don't have a problem with it. His goal is to make the NHL, not play college or junior hockey. If he and the Rangers prefer the OHL, more power to him. I never begrudge a young athlete pursuing a course that he or she thinks is best for them.
              But why commit in the first place? And why say that he's looking forward to playing at UND just two weeks ago? I would like to know what caused him to change his mind.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                But why commit in the first place? And why say that he's looking forward to playing at UND just two weeks ago? I would like to know what caused him to change his mind.
                What you probably don't know is I am a Multi Millionaire....I paid off JT Miller $70,000 to bolt to the OHL.....really a win win though.

I win because the Susie's will suck next year and JT wins because he will actually develop into an NHL talent now that he isn't getting coached by HakStool and the rest of the cheap shot artist that make up the Sue coaching staff.

Plus, he will now have good Karma the rest of his life since he won't be another product of Nazi money....Congrats JT for not selling your soul!

RinkPig out.
                Last edited by RinkPig; 07-14-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                  What you probably don't know is I am a Multi Millionaire....I paid off JT Miller $70,000 to bolt to the OHL.....really a win win though.

I win because the Susie's will suck next year and JT wins because he will actually develop into an NHL talent now that he isn't getting coached by HakStool and the rest of the cheap shot artist that make up the Sue coaching staff.

Plus, he will now have good Karma the rest of his life since he won't be another product of Nazi money....Congrats JT for not selling your soul!

RinkPig out.
                  Poor little troll can't even formulate a proper troll post. Good to know the Sioux will be just fine for the 2011-2012 season and won't suffer the absence of Miller until next year which is the 2012-2013 season. Wait...huh? How does that work?

Comment

Poor little troll can't even formulate a proper troll post. Good to know the Sioux will be just fine for the 2011-2012 season and won't suffer the absence of Miller until next year which is the 2012-2013 season. Wait...huh? How does that work?
                    You're better off putting people like that on ignore. They have never had a post that showed signs of thought, so it really isn't worth looking at their posts.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The city of Minot, ND has obviously taken a big hit this summer with the floods, and it's going to cost quite a bit to get the city back on their feet. They have a chance to win Coca-Cola's Live Postively Park Restoration Contest for Americas Favorite Park. Right now they are #6 (however by the time you click on the link it could be even better!!)

The residents of Minot are voting to restore Oak Park. It was a beautiful, shaded, fun park. It also had the only Splash Pad in town for kids to go and cool off.

So PLEASE, help support Minot and GO VOTE! Voting runs until the beginning of September, so KEEP THEM COMING! You can vote as many times as you want, but even just one vote helps!

To vote go to: http://m.livepositively.com/park_det...p?parkId=11775
                      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                        The city of Minot, ND has obviously taken a big hit this summer with the floods, and it's going to cost quite a bit to get the city back on their feet. They have a chance to win Coca-Cola's Live Postively Park Restoration Contest for Americas Favorite Park. Right now they are #6 (however by the time you click on the link it could be even better!!)

The residents of Minot are voting to restore Oak Park. It was a beautiful, shaded, fun park. It also had the only Splash Pad in town for kids to go and cool off.

So PLEASE, help support Minot and GO VOTE! Voting runs until the beginning of September, so KEEP THEM COMING! You can vote as many times as you want, but even just one vote helps!

To vote go to: http://m.livepositively.com/park_det...p?parkId=11775
                        Oak Park has now reached the #1 spot on the leaderboard. Such an amazing feat to see considering this mass voting only started a couple days ago and the former park at #1 had a very huge lead over every other park.

Comment

Oak Park has now reached the #1 spot on the leaderboard. Such an amazing feat to see considering this mass voting only started a couple days ago and the former park at #1 had a very huge lead over every other park.
                          Awesome!!!!!!!! When I voted they were #2 and Like 25,000 behind. I would like to think posting it to my facebook helped. I know that isn't true though.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

I know we still have half of Thursday and Friday remaining, but any news on this?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I know we still have half of Thursday and Friday remaining, but any news on this?
                              UND's Sports Information Director posted this today
                              Update on the @UNDMHockey schedule: we are THIS closing to releasing it, just trying to finalize the Ice Breaker match-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                                UND's Sports Information Director posted this today
                                UND is playing the cupcake to guarantee they get the championship game. Unless Air Force skates circles around the WHCA because Ylae* skated circles around the WHCA and Air Force skated circles around Ylae*.

Comment

Working...
                                X