University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
    I just woke up from a 98-day coma. What the hell is going on?
    If you listen to everyone else, we just killed college hockey...no one else is responsible, just UND.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      If you listen to everyone else, we just killed college hockey...no one else is responsible, just UND.
      Mainly you are responsible, but I don't like to point fingers.
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Respect our authori-tay.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

There will always be those who take every opportunity to take a shot at UND. Some of it we bring on ourselves. Some of it, well haters gotta hate.

I have basically let go of, and put behind me, the original disappointment with this move. At some point you have to move on. I'm going to make a point of really enjoying these last two seasons of the WCHA, and especially the Final 5. As someone who followed college hockey for many years before the advent of these neutral site conference tournaments I can tell you that if we go back to the old way you're going to be disappointed. I'll really miss the Final 5.

I'm hopeful for the prospects of the remaining teams in the WCHA and CCHA. These programs already have a lot of time and money invested in their programs and I'm sure they're going to do everything possible to keep them alive.

If there ever is a positive to come out of all this it will be the advent of more, smaller conferences.

Finally, I really hope they don't come up with some corny, half-*** name and logo for this new conference. There obviously hasn't been a ton of time or thought put into it, and we're reallly only going to get one chance. Crossing my fingers.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I hope that this new 'siuox"per conferance works out for these six schools...I mean, c'mon after two years of total abscurity, they'll be begging to get back into the WCHA.
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
              ... 'siuox"per conferance ... abscurity ...
              Spelling's not the strong suit for you, eh?
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                I hope that this new 'siuox"per conferance works out for these six schools...I mean, c'mon after two years of total abscurity, they'll be begging to get back into the WCHA.
                The WCHA wouldn't take us back. I've read all the threads saying that.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

If not this, they would have found something else to blame us for.
                  Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                  The WCHA wouldn't take us back. I've read all the threads saying that.
                  After some of the remaining teams get a taste of winning, they really may not want anyone from the NCHC to come back!
                  Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I have basically let go of, and put behind me, the original disappointment with this move. At some point you have to move on.

If there ever is a positive to come out of all this it will be the advent of more, smaller conferences.
                  There really isn't any other viable option. The move is going to be made. But I will be sad to see the Sioux leave the WCHA. So much history and tradition.

As long as the smaller programs survive, the increase in conferences and decrease in teams per conference will be a good thing. I never have liked the unbalanced schedule of the WCHA, 10-12 teams is too many for a conference when you are trying to play 4 games against each opponent.
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                    If not this, they would have found something else to blame us for.
                    We would have been blamed for the B1G sooner or later.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

We would have been blamed for the B1G sooner or later.
                      Obviously we scared Minnesota and Wisconsin off. It makes sense, given that we have the power to force CC, UNO, UMD, and Miami into a new conference against their will. After all, if they said no to us it would ruin their programs forever! What power UND has!

Quick, since we wield all this power, lets force college hockey to hand over the next 10 national titles!!!!
                      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

So assuming the stories of JT Miller's move to the OHL are true, does Hak just go with the 7 returning forwards and the 6 other freshmen forwards, try to find a late addition, walk-ons, Joe Gleason again as a back up plan? Thoughts?
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

So assuming the stories of JT Miller's move to the OHL are true, does Hak just go with the 7 returning forwards and the 6 other freshmen forwards, try to find a late addition, walk-ons, Joe Gleason again as a back up plan? Thoughts?
                          I don't think we have the depth at blueline to have Gleason move up to Forward, unless Hak brings in a blueliner. I think at this point, we're going to have to get another late bloomer (ala Dickin) and see if they can come in and contribute right away. This really hurts our chances to contend for the MacNaughton, and I think we'll be in the group around 5-8 fighting for home ice (along with Wisconsin, Minnesota and SCSU). Of course, perhaps Grimaldi comes in and has a Kariya type season and we contend, but I just don't see it happening. I thought that Miller was going to have the better freshman year, given that he's physically a bit more ready than Grimaldi. Should make for an interesting season next year.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I'm not sure I agree with your math:

Goalies (3):
                            Eidsness, Dell, Maris

Defense (8):
                            Blood, MacWilliam, Gleason, Forbort, Simpson, Mattson*, Panzarella*, Senkbeil*

Forwards (14**):
                            Lamoureux, Rowney, Kristo, Knight, Rodwell, Nelson, Dickin, Parks*, O’Donnell*, MacMillan*, St. Clair*, Grimaldi*, DiPuma*, Pattyn*

*incoming freshmen
                            **assumes reports of JT Miller to OHL are accurate

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Goalies (3):
                              Eidsness, Dell, Maris

Defense (8):
                              Blood, MacWilliam, Gleason, Forbort, Simpson, Mattson*, Panzarella*, Senkbeil*

Forwards (14**):
                              Lamoureux, Rowney, Kristo, Knight, Rodwell, Nelson, Dickin, Parks*, O’Donnell*, MacMillan*, St. Clair*, Grimaldi*, DiPuma*, Pattyn*

*incoming freshmen
                              **assumes reports of JT Miller to OHL are accurate
                              Forgot about Pattyn. Still seems pretty thin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                I was told there'd be no math.

But I didn't come here to troll, I wanted to inquire as to if there was any update on this coming up year's schedule. Anyone, not just the person to which I quoted. You guys are the only WCHA team remaining with unscheduled NC games. I realize that some big news had come out regarding the NCHC, but maybe something slipped through the cracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X