• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    Di Puma commits to UND.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...group/homepage

Again more proof that UND,s coaches go the extra mile to find the players that will embrace "Fighting Sioux" hockey.

Maybe this is a result of the Toews effect. Chicago area youth are now dreaming of going to the UND hockey factory, to be molded into the kind of player that can lead an NHL team to a Stanley Cup Championship.
    of course, they will have to be retrained after hakstool teaches them how to choke every year at the FF.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
      of course, they will have to be retrained after hakstool teaches them how to choke every year at the FF.
      How do you suppose Rau is going to adjust to no post season hockey after the first round?
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Hollywood likes him and Pumas are awesome. That means Di Puma is my new favorite player.
        does this mean we will be getting a new Di Puma scale of awesomeness?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          How do you suppose Rau is going to adjust to no post season hockey after the first round?
          Rau more proof that Gopher hockey is going downhill. Seems that UM was the only school that was willing to offer him a scholarship right out of High School. Have a feeling that a 158 pound kid just out of high school may have a difficult time adjusting to the WCHA.
          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=87928

Good luck to Gregoire in his pro hockey career.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Rau more proof that Gopher hockey is going downhill. Seems that UM was the only school that was willing to offer him a scholarship right out of High School. Have a feeling that a 158 pound kid just out of high school may have a difficult time adjusting to the WCHA.
              I think Rau is more highly regarded than Archie Skalbeck was, and Skalbeck adjusted very well to the WCHA. 9g 9a won't set the world on fire, but it's a lot better than I would have expected.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mi...beck/#20102011

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=87928

Good luck to Gregoire in his pro hockey career.
                I'll second that. He should be a solid all around forward at the NHL level, but it may take some time to get there for him.

That makes 11 players that North Dakota lost from last year's team. It will be difficult to compete consistently in the WCHA, but we should be a top 4-5 team and have a shot in March/April to do something special. Fortunately, we should be very strong defensively to keep us in a lot of games. Look for a lot of 2-1, 3-2 games next year.

I'm curious if Hakstol has another forward lined up to come in.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Grimaldi isn't big enough to carry his hockey bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    Grimaldi isn't big enough to carry his hockey bag.
                    they could have Hill do it, it is about all he is qualified to do in hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      That makes 11 players that North Dakota lost from last year's team.
                      What a great opportunity for the underclassmen to step-up and fill some very big shoes. Seems that most of the Sioux players comming in not only have goal scoring skills but also a proven track record of leadership and an unusually strong committment to learning the game. Seems that most were captains or assistants in juniors.

I won't be supprised at all if at the end of next season the Sioux put together another win streak.
                      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                        What a great opportunity for the underclassmen to step-up and fill some very big shoes. Seems that most of the Sioux players comming in not only have goal scoring skills but also a proven track record of leadership and an unusually strong committment to learning the game. Seems that most were captains or assistants in juniors.

I won't be supprised at all if at the end of next season the Sioux put together another win streak.
                        I watched the frozen four game vs Michigan today and noticed two things:
                        1. We lost
                        2. The gophers were nowhere to be seen.......again.
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                          1. We lost
                          Today I opened up the USCHO home page and in the college hockey news section I noticed two things.

Latest News Headlines
                          1. Gardiner leaves Gophers to play in USHL
                          2. Gregoire leaving North Dakota for NHL options

Comment

1. We lost

actually, it's called a choke, not a loss. that's six straight chokes in a row, luckily, you don't have enough good players left for hakstool to go for the magic 7 chokes in a row. I mean, come on, how do you choke 6 straight FF in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              actually, it's called a choke, not a loss. that's six straight chokes in a row, luckily, you don't have enough good players left for hakstool to go for the magic 7 chokes in a row. I mean, come on, how do you choke 6 straight FF in a row?
                              How do you have time to be in this thread? Shouldn't you be on campus with the rest of your brethren trying to keep what's left of the goof players locked in Mariucci so they can't leave the team?
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

How do you have time to be in this thread? Shouldn't you be on campus with the rest of your brethren trying to keep what's left of the goof players locked in Mariucci so they can't leave the team?
                                more underclassmen left the sue this year. so choke on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X