Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by PhatKroger10 View Post
    Agreed that it would be cool to play with your brother; but do you think these decisions were also fueled by a lack of playing time this year? This leaves us with quite a hole in seniority. Though we didn't get to see a whole lot of either player this year, no doubt both individuals were talented. I think more than anything this news effects Taylor Dickin and Carter Rowney, I think either could possibly fill in the roster. It will be really interesting to see how the team shakes out in the next couple weeks here.
    Obviously losing Cichy and Bruneteau will leave us a bit thin at Forward, but I think we should be alright depth wise. Cichy was very highly thought of coming in, and never lived up to that. Some even thought Cichy would be a better player than Kristo. Bruneteau, I'm not really sure what happened there. I hope they both are able to get plenty of playing time and succeed. Cichy could wind up being a steal for wherever he winds up. He's more of a top-6 forward, and could very well flourish if given that opportunity. He was probably never going to get that chance at UND. Bruneteau should get good playing time as well. I don't blame either kid for leaving. They came in to play, and weren't getting a ton of playing time.

As for Dickin and Rowney, I thought Rowney was going to be an every game player regardless of what happened with Cichy and Bruneteau. He was playing more than either of those guys last year, and I think he could have a very solid year this year. Dickin, I just don't know what to make of him. He can definitely skate at this level, and can play very well from time to time. He's a bit inconsistent, but that isn't surprising given that he was a freshman. I think he'll probably be a regular player on the 4th line.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

First off, thanks to whoever put Harvard on my list for season schedules. Also, you're the only WCHA team where I don't have a full schedule lined up (still have 4 games left, assuming you're allowed the exemption on the Icebreaker this year). Any information regarding your non-conference play, aside from Harvard, Maine, and the Icebreaker?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        First off, thanks to whoever put Harvard on my list for season schedules. Also, you're the only WCHA team where I don't have a full schedule lined up (still have 4 games left, assuming you're allowed the exemption on the Icebreaker this year). Any information regarding your non-conference play, aside from Harvard, Maine, and the Icebreaker?
        2011-12 TENTATIVE
        Oct. 7 -- ICEBREAKER
        Oct. 8 -- ICEBREAKER
        Oct. 14 -- MAINE
        Oct. 15 -- MAINE
        Oct. 21 -- at Wisconsin
        Oct. 22 -- at Wisconsin
        Oct. 28 -- ST. CLOUD ST.
        Oct. 29 -- ST. CLOUD ST.

Nov. 4 -- at Minnesota
        Nov. 5 -- at Minnesota
        Nov. 18 -- at Bemidji
        Nov. 19 -- at Bemidji
        Nov. 25 -- COLO. COLLEGE
        Nov. 26 -- COLO. COLLEGE

Dec. 2 -- at Anchorage
        Dec. 3 -- at Anchorage
        Dec. 9 -- OMAHA
        Dec. 10 -- OMAHA
        Dec. 16 -- FERRIS
        Dec. 17 -- FERRIS
        Dec. 30 -- HARVARD
        Dec. 31 -- HARVARD

Jan. 7 -- Winnipeg game (supposedly against an ECAC school)
        Jan. 13 -- MINNESOTA
        Jan. 14 -- MINNESOTA
        Jan. 20 -- at St. Cloud
        Jan. 21 -- at St. Cloud
        Jan. 27 -- WISCONSIN
        Jan. 28 -- WISCONSIN

Feb. 10 -- at Duluth
        Feb. 11 -- at Duluth
        Feb. 17 -- MICH. TECH
        Feb. 18 -- MICH. TECH
        Feb. 24 -- at Denver
        Feb. 25 -- at Denver

Mar. 2 -- MSU-MANKATO
        Mar. 3 -- MSU-MANKATO
        Mar. 9-11 -- WCHA first rd
        Mar. 15-17 -- WCHA Final Five
        Mar. 23-25 -- NCAA regionals (Worcester, Bridgeport, St. Paul, Green Bay)

Apr. 5-7 -- NCAA Frozen Four (Tampa)
        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          2011-12 TENTATIVE
          Oct. 7 -- ICEBREAKER
          Oct. 8 -- ICEBREAKER
          Oct. 14 -- MAINE
          Oct. 15 -- MAINE
          Oct. 21 -- at Wisconsin
          Oct. 22 -- at Wisconsin
          Oct. 28 -- ST. CLOUD ST.
          Oct. 29 -- ST. CLOUD ST.

Nov. 4 -- at Minnesota
          Nov. 5 -- at Minnesota
          Nov. 18 -- at Bemidji
          Nov. 19 -- at Bemidji
          Nov. 25 -- COLO. COLLEGE
          Nov. 26 -- COLO. COLLEGE

Dec. 2 -- at Anchorage
          Dec. 3 -- at Anchorage
          Dec. 9 -- OMAHA
          Dec. 10 -- OMAHA
          Dec. 16 -- FERRIS
          Dec. 17 -- FERRIS
          Dec. 30 -- HARVARD
          Dec. 31 -- HARVARD

Jan. 7 -- Winnipeg game (supposedly against an ECAC school)
          Jan. 13 -- MINNESOTA
          Jan. 14 -- MINNESOTA
          Jan. 20 -- at St. Cloud
          Jan. 21 -- at St. Cloud
          Jan. 27 -- WISCONSIN
          Jan. 28 -- WISCONSIN

Feb. 10 -- at Duluth
          Feb. 11 -- at Duluth
          Feb. 17 -- MICH. TECH
          Feb. 18 -- MICH. TECH
          Feb. 24 -- at Denver
          Feb. 25 -- at Denver

Mar. 2 -- MSU-MANKATO
          Mar. 3 -- MSU-MANKATO
          Mar. 9-11 -- WCHA first rd
          Mar. 15-17 -- WCHA Final Five
          Mar. 23-25 -- NCAA regionals (Worcester, Bridgeport, St. Paul, Green Bay)

Apr. 5-7 -- NCAA Frozen Four (Tampa)
          If it's one game in Winnipeg against an ECAC team, I would predict it's an ivy league. If it were a weekend, I'd predict a non-ivy. (7 NC vs. 12 NC, although it'd be a good filler for a non-ivy if they have a one-game stint with an Atlantic team.) I don't have the schedule in front of me, but it can't be Dartmouth or Harvard because they're playing RPI and Union that weekend. There's another 4 teams involved in a weekend of league games then. Brown and Yale are already full (actually Yale is overloaded according to ivy rules, as they have 30 games, since one exhibition counts against them, unless the ivy league is weird about exhibition rules).
          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-09-2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

So UND handed their awards the other day....we all know Kristoes took home the award for drunkin incident of the year....but, the question is who won the award for most distance in the lawn mower tossing contest this year?

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
              So UND handed their awards the other day....we all know Kristoes took home the award for drunkin incident of the year....but, the question is who won the award for most distance in the lawn mower tossing contest this year?
              You would make a much better case for not caring about UND hockey if you did not troll in here as much as you do. BTY I think it's funny what goofer fans have to come up with to make fun of UND, anything to take their minds off of their last 3 seasons I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                Sioux lose two more players today:

-Brett Bruneteau will be transferring to Vermont (he graduated in two years and will attend grad school)

-Mike Cichy will also be transferring. His destination is unknown at this point.

Now we await decisions from Gregoire and Eidsness. Hopefully there won't be any surprise departures.
                Best of luck to these guys as they move on. Not too often that you see a guy transfer so he can play hockey AND go to grad school!
                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                  Sioux lose two more players today:

-Brett Bruneteau will be transferring to Vermont (he graduated in two years and will attend grad school)

-Mike Cichy will also be transferring. His destination is unknown at this point.

Now we await decisions from Gregoire and Eidsness. Hopefully there won't be any surprise departures.
                  Here is a link to the In Forum article on the transferrs.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...8/group/Sports
                  "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                    You would make a much better case for not caring about UND hockey if you did not troll in here as much as you do. BTY I think it's funny what goofer fans have to come up with to make fun of UND, anything to take their minds off of their last 3 seasons I guess...
                    Nah, we are just interested to see how UND is going to choke 7 straight FF in a row. 6 chokes in a row has to be the record, but 7 chokes would be awesome.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      Nah, we are just interested to see how UND is going to choke 7 straight FF in a row. 6 chokes in a row has to be the record, but 7 chokes would be awesome.
                      You can set your watch to your tired trolls... us Sioux fans are just interested in how NCAAs minny is going to miss in a row. At least they do their choking during the 1st round of the WCHAs (against UAA).

Comment

Not directly related to UND hockey but I thought it might be of interest to UND hockey fans that next season is the inagural season of the Minot Minotauros a new NAHL juniors team.

http://minotauroshockey.pointstreaks...notauroshockey

http://minotauroshockey.pointstreaks...374/news_26144
                        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          You can set your watch to your tired trolls... us Sioux fans are just interested in how NCAAs minny is going to miss in a row. At least they do their choking during the 1st round of the WCHAs (against UAA).
                          Also you can set your watch to the end of the Gopher's season.

Will the gophers ever play in another WCHA final five before their exit to the BTHC?

And with only 6 teams in the BTHC will the gophers find a way to miss the BTHC tournament also?

Maybe with a 4 team tournament they could continue their new pride on ice tradition of ending their season early.

Comment

Update: If you are playing an ECAC team on January 7th in Winnipeg, it would have to be Clarkson. Everyone else has something scheduled on that particular date. Whether it will be just one game or an entire weekend, or even if it's completely another league, I don't know.

Comment

Minnesota "choked" 8 times in a row, over a period of 23 years. I would have thought you would have been familiar with that.

BC has the record with 14 Frozen Fours without a championship...over a span of 52 years.

New Hampshire has 7 "chokes" without winning, same with Clarkson, Harvard went to 10 Frozen Fours before winning it in their 11th try over Minnesota, and St. Lawrence has been to 9 without ever winning.

Nice try though.
                              North Dakota

Comment

I can't wait to watch goof fans choke down another season of mediocrity and a first round exit.
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X