Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by PCM View Post
    The purpose of my blog was not to characterize Michigan's win as a big upset, but to point out that it wasn't the result of UND being unprepared, outplayed, outworked or outcoached, as some have maintained. Certainly, it was an upset from the standpoint that the team favored to win the game and expected to win the tournament lost.

Michigan plays in a strong conference, had a lot of seniors, had a lot of NHL draft picks, had a good season, recruits high-level talent, is well-coached and is a perennial playoff team. There's no way I would put it in the same class as Minnesota's loss to Holy Cross.
    and yet, Minnesota beat Michigan handily this season, and we sucked. You might as well blame it on your Woogy coach, then.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Ben Blood announced he will return for his senior season.

via twitter
      @BennyBlood24: Sioux fans, excited to get into another season with u guys! Senior year let's go!

Via Brad's Blog
      “I talked to everyone important in my life since the season ended,” Blood said, “and after discussing everything with them, I came to the conclusion yesterday evening that I wanted to come back for my senior year and play for coach (Dave) Hakstol. I think I can learn a lot from him.

“I’m just really excited,” Blood said, “...I’m excited to get back in the gym with the boys next Tuesday, working toward another successful season.”

Great to have Dell and Blood back for another season. Potential early departures: Hextall, Gregoire, Kristo

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
        Excellent news! The more returning players, the better!
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          and yet, Minnesota beat Michigan handily this season, and we sucked. You might as well blame it on your Woogy coach, then.
          and yet, Minnesota hasn't made the NCAA's in a few years. You might as well blame it on your ****ty fans, then.

Comment

I've been missing a lot.
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
              I've been missing a lot.
              You just figured this out?

Comment

Brent Davidson signed a contract to play professionally in Sweden.

http://www.fightingsiou*****/ViewArt...CLID=205140244

He's a senior, but always good to see Sioux move on to the next stage.

Comment

Danny Kristo will return for his junior season.

Via twitter
                  @UNDSID I've noticed lots of speculation lately on Danny Kristo's future. I can confirm that Danny is returning to UND next season.

Comment

Via twitter
                    Excellent news. I always thought that Kristo would be back for his Junior year, but it is nice to hear it confirmed. We'll need Kristo to get a jumpstart on his season, and hopefully he can put up some nice numbers. At this point, I think we're a top 10-12 team nationally. If Gregoire and Hextall come back, we should be a top 5 squad nationally.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Excellent news. I always thought that Kristo would be back for his Junior year, but it is nice to hear it confirmed. We'll need Kristo to get a jumpstart on his season, and hopefully he can put up some nice numbers. At this point, I think we're a top 10-12 team nationally. If Gregoire and Hextall come back, we should be a top 5 squad nationally.
                      Hopefully Gregoire and Hextall jump on board with the other three who have decided to stay. These guys could be a HUGE help in bringing in the freshman class this next year. Talented yes, but talent only takes you so far.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Hopefully Gregoire and Hextall jump on board with the other three who have decided to stay. These guys could be a HUGE help in bringing in the freshman class this next year. Talented yes, but talent only takes you so far.
                        Absolutely! If those two would return, we should be in pretty good shape for next year!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                          Absolutely! If those two would return, we should be in pretty good shape for next year!
                          Hopefully the "so close you can almost taste it" feeling will bring those guys back on a mission to win a title next year..
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                            Correction: UMTC's hockey team still sucks and you swallow.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Via twitter
                              Just making it official....

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/
                              Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
                              INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Great to have Dell and Blood back for another season. Potential early departures: Hextall, Gregoire ...
                                http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/200785

“I talked to everyone important in my life since the season ended,” Blood said, “and after discussing everything when them, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to come back for my senior year and play for coach (Dave) Hakstol. I think I can learn a lot from him. I’m excited to finish my time the right way, taking advantage of the resources here with the coaches, the gym, the rink. . . everything.”
                                Thank you Mr. Blood for comming back one more year to improve that +32 rating of yours.

Like how the Sioux defensive squad is shaping up for next season.
                                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Working...
                                X