University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

At least on paper, it would seem that Gregoire's decision is going to make or break next year's UND team. BC was in a very similar situation with Chris Kreider, where if he left, we were going to be missing almost all of our top forwards from this year. Even with these guys returning, both teams are likely going to be a bit less intimidating than they were in 2011. As an aside, the Grimaldi kid should be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
      what do you see the sioux lines being next year? As a gopher fan I dont want to jump in here and talk trash.. but I dont see your team- even WITH gregoire coming back- being a top 5 team heading into the year. who're your goal scorers? gregoire and kristo.. grimaldi will perform as a freshman but after them your next best playmaker is brock nelson. I just dont see it.. theres no depth. and I have to say.. I like seeing ncaa players passing up pro contracts- even sioux players for the sake of the sport and the skill level in college.. but players passing up pro contracts can be a disaster for said player. I have a feeling Dell is going to regret this.
      A gopher fan is trash talking the sioux team? that's hilarious. Maybe you should be more concerned with your team. Who's going to score goals for them? I'm drawing a blank...Hmmm.... the sioux have no depth? Please. Corban Knight had 40 points. People conveniently forget that and just look at Kristo. Add into that Kristo and Nelson as well as our other depth players and a great recruiting class and we'll be just fine. Gregoire coming back would be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
        A gopher fan is trash talking the sioux team? that's hilarious. Maybe you should be more concerned with your team. Who's going to score goals for them? I'm drawing a blank...Hmmm.... the sioux have no depth? Please. Corban Knight had 40 points. People conveniently forget that and just look at Kristo. Add into that Kristo and Nelson as well as our other depth players and a great recruiting class and we'll be just fine. Gregoire coming back would be a bonus.
        We definitely have plenty of talent coming back, and have a very good recruiting class. I still think we're struggle offensively early in the season. If Gregoire comes back, that will help. Fortunately, I think we'll be very strong defensively, which will keep us in those games early in the season. Now, if Grimaldi and Miller come in and dominate right away, we'll do fine, but Freshmen just don't do that very often. Zucker is one of those rare cases. I think if Gregs comes back, we're a top-5 team and will compete for a #1 seed. If he doesn't, I think we'll struggle a bit early, but eventually catch on and be a top-10 team...probably a #2-3 seed.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

What's the word on the street with Gregoire - is he even considering going pro?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            What's the word on the street with Gregoire - is he even considering going pro?
            It's been extremely quiet about Gregoire. I'm sure he is at least considering making the jump, otherwise he would have come out and said he will be back. I would like to hear something here in the next few days-weeks. At the very least, hopefully we hear by the end of May. I don't like when players jump right before the school year.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
              give me a break guy. the point was I wasnt talking trash- I was actually looking for a reasonable conversation and was in the middle of one until you came along.

LOL at drawing a blank. at least name bjugstad for your own credibility. dont get mad at me hakstol is always the bridesmaid but never the bride. if gregoire leaves, your team is one case of frostbite away from being a bottom half wcha team in terms of scoring. thats not me talking trash- thats me being honest. oh, and before you waste your time typing it- yes- i should know what the bottom half of the wcha looks like because i am a gopher fan.

Comment

give me a break guy. the point was I wasnt talking trash- I was actually looking for a reasonable conversation and was in the middle of one until you came along.

LOL at drawing a blank. at least name bjugstad for your own credibility. dont get mad at me hakstol is always the bridesmaid but never the bride. if gregoire leaves, your team is one case of frostbite away from being a bottom half wcha team in terms of scoring. thats not me talking trash- thats me being honest. oh, and before you waste your time typing it- yes- i should know what the bottom half of the wcha looks like because i am a gopher fan.
                While Gregoire would be a huge boost to the team, I don't think he is the difference between between a top half team offensively and bottom half team. I'm pretty sure Kristo has learned his lesson about dealing with the cold, so I don't see him doing that again. IMO, without Gregoire we're still a top-half team offensively (and overall). Knight, Kristo and Nelson should all be able to put up 35-40+ points. I think we'll see a big improvement from Rowney and Rodwell as they both really came on towards the end of the year. Lamoureux has steadily impoved each year offensively, and I anticipate that he'll have a strong senior campaign putting up 20-25 points. I don't expect too much out of Cichy or Dickin. If Cichy plays every game (He hasn't in either of his Freshman or Sophomore years), he could put up 15-20 points. Dickin is a wildcard. He could blow everyone away and put up 25-30 points, or he could struggle and barely get any playing time. He had flashes of solid play, but also disappeared at times (not unexpected for a Freshman who only played half the season). Miller and Grimaldi should be top 6 forwards by the end of the year, and I wouldn't be surprised with 30 point seasons out of both. If they adapt early, they could easily put up 40+ points. Colten St. Clair doesn't get much talk time, but I think he could put up a solid 15-20 points as a freshman, and Michael Parks should get solid playing time as a freshman.

Given that, I think even without Gregoire we're a top half team offensively, and probably top 3-4 team in the WCHA. With Gregoire, I think we're a top 2-3 team offensively, and we fight with CC and DU for the MacNaughton.
                North Dakota

Comment

from what I've seen on some youtube videos, talking to some people I know, etc, Grimaldi's two best assets are his speed and his shot. He has a wicked slapshot, and I've seen some shootout videos, and all he does his shoot. He sees the net really well. He averaged 1.27 points per game in 50 games played, the only one on the team with an average over 1. At 5' 6" I'm a little worried on how he can adjust to the WCHA, but he reminds me a lot of Martin St. Louis, with hands that aren't quite as good. Another thing I've noticed, as well as heard, he plays with a lot of energy and passion. He loves to throw celes, and energywise in the videos he kind of reminds me of ovechkin, as he is always good with for an energetic celebration after a goal. looks like the kid loves to play hockey, and loves to score.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Drew Shore will be coming back for DU!
                    Maiani graduated and Matt Donovan left early and signed with the Islanders. At last report Jason Zucker is likely to return.
                    I was meaning Donovan, sorry and thanks...

As for Grimaldi being small... Gionta anyone? As Sioux fans we should remember that... and Panzer of course as I am sure has been mentioned.
                    Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
                    INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                      I was meaning Donovan, sorry and thanks...

As for Grimaldi being small... Gionta anyone? As Sioux fans we should remember that... and Panzer of course as I am sure has been mentioned.
                      And didn't some guy named Gerbe do alright in college and now is playing regularly at the highest level? As a Sioux fan, I still cringe when I hear his name. And he's only listed at 5'5".
                      Go Sioux!!!
                      Go Cadets!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
                        And didn't some guy named Gerbe do alright in college and now is playing regularly at the highest level? As a Sioux fan, I still cringe when I hear his name. And he's only listed at 5'5".
                        That Ryan Duncan guy had an OK collegiate career here as well...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
                          **** that little ****er. He scored a GWG in OT in the playoffs for the Sabres

I understand small guys can be great hockey players, look at St. Louis, Gionta, Duncan, Panzer, Gerbe, etc. It doesn't stop me from worrying a little bit of how Grimaldi's transition will be from U-18 and the WCHA. I understand the U-18 team plays a lot of divison I programs, but still.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            While Gregoire would be a huge boost to the team, I don't think he is the difference between between a top half team offensively and bottom half team. I'm pretty sure Kristo has learned his lesson about dealing with the cold, so I don't see him doing that again. IMO, without Gregoire we're still a top-half team offensively (and overall). Knight, Kristo and Nelson should all be able to put up 35-40+ points. I think we'll see a big improvement from Rowney and Rodwell as they both really came on towards the end of the year. Lamoureux has steadily impoved each year offensively, and I anticipate that he'll have a strong senior campaign putting up 20-25 points. I don't expect too much out of Cichy or Dickin. If Cichy plays every game (He hasn't in either of his Freshman or Sophomore years), he could put up 15-20 points. Dickin is a wildcard. He could blow everyone away and put up 25-30 points, or he could struggle and barely get any playing time. He had flashes of solid play, but also disappeared at times (not unexpected for a Freshman who only played half the season). Miller and Grimaldi should be top 6 forwards by the end of the year, and I wouldn't be surprised with 30 point seasons out of both. If they adapt early, they could easily put up 40+ points. Colten St. Clair doesn't get much talk time, but I think he could put up a solid 15-20 points as a freshman, and Michael Parks should get solid playing time as a freshman.

Given that, I think even without Gregoire we're a top half team offensively, and probably top 3-4 team in the WCHA. With Gregoire, I think we're a top 2-3 team offensively, and we fight with CC and DU for the MacNaughton.
                            yeah.. I agree on DU and CC. although I think omaha and the gophers will edge the sioux this year, especially if gregoire leaves. even if he stays, you guys have lost so much. we will see.

anybody have advice on when to get 2 tickets for the gopher-sioux games? the last 2 years ive tried- but it seems like theyve sold out both years in the presale. is the presale only for alumni or anything like that? how does that work? thanks!

Comment

yeah.. I agree on DU and CC. although I think omaha and the gophers will edge the sioux this year, especially if gregoire leaves. even if he stays, you guys have lost so much. we will see.

anybody have advice on when to get 2 tickets for the gopher-sioux games? the last 2 years ive tried- but it seems like theyve sold out both years in the presale. is the presale only for alumni or anything like that? how does that work? thanks!
                              If you believe that the goofs will finish in front of the Sioux this next year you may look into cutting back on the crack... as an added bonus of such behavior, you will now be able to afford tickets to the series between said teams.
                              Last edited by willythekid; 04-26-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Bwaahahahaha! Omaha has a great chance at edging UND, but the goofs?! Bwaaahahahaha!!!!!!! You'll be lucky to finish above .500 this year.

Since it's only your 2nd month posting here's a secret, if you want someone to help you with tickets don't be such a moose knuckle on their thread.
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X