X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Brad Eidsness will return

Via UND's Sports Information Director on twitter
    Great news: Checked in with goalie Brad Eidsness, who confirmed via text that he will return to UND for his senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post

-Brett Bruneteau will be transferring to Vermont (he graduated in two years and will attend grad school)
      Any insight on this kid? His stats say he was a 4th round draft pick who played 27 games his freshman year then 4 last year? Was he injured? Did he just not produce? I'm curious as to what type of player we are getting. Seems to be a real stand up kid academically curious as to to on ice performance. His younger brother is one of our best d-man.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Any insight on this kid? His stats say he was a 4th round draft pick who played 27 games his freshman year then 4 last year? Was he injured? Did he just not produce? I'm curious as to what type of player we are getting. Seems to be a real stand up kid academically curious as to to on ice performance. His younger brother is one of our best d-man.
        http://www.inforum.com/event/article...5/group/Sports

Completed 76 units in 14 months. Is an entrepreneur running his own business. Also has an internship. And plays D1 ice hockey. Seems like about 1/4 of his time is devoted to hockey.

Maybe he only had enough spare time to play in just 4 games.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I hate UND. They can kiss my a@@.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Honestly, I'm interested to see how Brett will do in a different system, and especially out East. As you said, he's an extremely smart kid. AFAIK, he wasn't injured. I think he was just a victim of a loaded roster last year. Perhaps someone more in the know will be able to elaborate on that. I wish him well and hope he dominates Hockey East for you.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by gophfan View Post
              I hate UND. They can kiss my a@@.
              No problem just have Elton John step away, clean off your backside, and shave a spot........or just let Elton keep plugging away so your Wednesday isn't ruined.
              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                I can't wait to watch goof fans choke down another season of mediocrity and a first round exit.
                You have to get in before you can exit. The Gophs can't even get in.

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                  Brad Eidsness will return

Via UND's Sports Information Director on twitter
                  I am a little curious as to why he would return. He graduated in 3 years (or will be) and probably won't be getting too much time next year with the season Dell had. He is also property of the Sabres and I figured he would probably just go ahead and sign a contract. If he wanted four years with the team good for him, but wouldn't it have made more sense if he had just left?
                  Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                    I am a little curious as to why he would return. He graduated in 3 years (or will be) and probably won't be getting too much time next year with the season Dell had. He is also property of the Sabres and I figured he would probably just go ahead and sign a contract. If he wanted four years with the team good for him, but wouldn't it have made more sense if he had just left?
                    I think it was a surprise to most of us that his start to the year was not nearly as good as his play the year before, and Dell's year was far better than what anyone expected. If he can return to the form he had, he and Dell will both get playing time.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Senkbeil commits to UND

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                        You're right, but I can't imagine Buffalo is super excited with how weak he performed last year. Also, not to rule it out or anything, but if Dell has a minor slip up and Eidsness returns to form and gets hot, he may even get the starting role similar to what Dell did this year.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          Commitments like this certainly give the impression that UND's long standing efforts to recruit the finest players available in all of North America is now paying big dividends. Excellent work by UND over the years in making UND a desirable destination for top talent and also for opening its doors to California kids.

The Gretzky effect has been very good for youth hockey in California. There were only something like 2,000 registered youth hockey players in California before Gretzky moved to LA. The three NHL teams here, have spawned new hockey clubs and have even started High School Hockey Leagues for private schools. Now parents at public schools are beginning to organize teams for public high schools.

Good thing UND is recruiting in California, the Golden State of Hockey, now because it could pay big dividends in the future.
                          Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM.
                          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Di Puma commits to UND.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...group/homepage

Dave Hakstol and assistant Dane Jackson went to see Di Puma play during the season.
                            Again more proof that UND,s coaches go the extra mile to find the players that will embrace "Fighting Sioux" hockey.

Maybe this is a result of the Toews effect. Chicago area youth are now dreaming of going to the UND hockey factory, to be molded into the kind of player that can lead an NHL team to a Stanley Cup Championship.
                            Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 05-17-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

More on DiPuma:

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2702

“It’s not over now that I’m committed; this is where the hard work begins," he said. "I’m concentrating on getting (to North Dakota) and getting a spot. They contend almost every year, and I just want to try to put myself in a position to be the best help I can be to the team.”
                              Just seems he will fit in nicely.

Comment

Hollywood likes him and Pumas are awesome. That means Di Puma is my new favorite player.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X