UNH Off Season Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Off Season Thread 2011

Bobby Butler and the Binghamton Senators have won the Calder Cup and are the Champions of the American Hockey League (http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/).
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Correale coming in this fall.

Hill and Smith '12.

Smart move imo.

Comment

Put together a list of UNH players (male/female & past/present) with public twitter accounts, plus mini-galleries (25 or under) when I had images - http://hockeyphotography.com/blog/20...hire-wildcats/

FYI, my images that include UNH players/coaches are now available as prints or high res downloads. Recently got permission to make them available again.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Very Impressive:
          http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...20110615w1ycom
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

UNH's blah schedule for next year:
            http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2011-12/schedule

no back-to-back games against BC, BU or NU? Done with BU on Dec 8? finishing with back to back road serieses?
            Yikes!

That said, I'm still amped up for hockey!
            Last edited by WildShawn; 06-16-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

At least we get to keep our one and only home game with Maine at the Whitt, instead of Fenway.
              sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
                At least we get to keep our one and only home game with Maine at the Whitt, instead of Fenway.
                Is the Fenway thing officially nixed? UNH has just 3 home and home series all year (uml, pc, mc). That's pretty weak.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  UNH's blah schedule for next year:
                  http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2011-12/schedule

no back-to-back games against BC, BU or NU? Done with BU on Dec 8? finishing with back to back road serieses?
                  Yikes!

That said, I'm still amped up for hockey!
                  That schedule just sucks. Who the heck layed that out and said to themselves this looks like a good idea.
                  "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                    That schedule just sucks. Who the heck layed that out and said to themselves this looks like a good idea.
                    Its like whoever did, didn't even try. Also to see such a great competitive non-con sked...

Comment

Done with BU on Dec 8?
                      BU is done with BC & UNH by Dec 8th -odd schedules to say the least.

Comment

Wooo, got an email for renewing season tickets today. Looks like all new pricing for different sections. Interesting stuff. Here is a link to the new season ticket seating prices:

http://unhwildcats.com/tickets/Renew...oc1112_details
                        Bobby Butler for Hobey 2010
                        Paul Thompson for Hobey 2011
                        Stevie Moses for Hobey 2012

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          BU is done with BC & UNH by Dec 8th -odd schedules to say the least.
                          does BU and BC at least have a home and home? Thats what I can't figure out. Why they'd space those games out so UNH doesn't have a home and home with ANY of the boston schools. Its stupid as far as I'm concerned. Part of what makes hockey east great compared to the other conferences WAS the abundance of home and homes, and now we have 3.

Comment

does BU and BC at least have a home and home? Thats what I can't figure out. Why they'd space those games out so UNH doesn't have a home and home with ANY of the boston schools. Its stupid as far as I'm concerned. Part of what makes hockey east great compared to the other conferences WAS the abundance of home and homes, and now we have 3.
                            December 2nd and 3rd, I assume, would be a home/home.

Comment

Does anyone know how the mechanics of putting the league schedule work? ( I don't) Just wondering how much say the individual teams have or if HE does most of the scheduling.

Obviously, UNH alone bears responsibility for the less than stellar non-conference schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by pgv View Post
                                Does anyone know how the mechanics of putting the league schedule work? ( I don't) Just wondering how much say the individual teams have or if HE does most of the scheduling.

Obviously, UNH alone bears responsibility for the less than stellar non-conference schedule.
                                I took a peek back, and its been since they decided to do the 2 games back to back at UMass, or home vs. UMass (the last 2 years) that the home and home series has dwindled... last season it was 5 home and homes, the previous year it was 4. before that, it was 7 (the max) for all of the years I looked back. I'd LOVE to hear an explaination as to how this can happen, how there's no home and home with BU AND BC. I don't know if its the league's joke, or UNH's joke, but it's a joke of a schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X