Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Wildcat 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
    Kind of ****ed off that the CCHA rallied to keep NMU in the league just over a year ago and then the commisioner and Big Ten schools bolt shortly afterwards. I'll bet Coach Kyle and Les Wong are kicking themselves for not making the move (WCHA) when they had the chance.
    If only the writing was on the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by tmoney@nmu View Post
      Don't be a buzzkill Captain Buzzkill. I can't find anything on it's "built-in ince making capabilites." Now, I can't find any information about the building's capabilities in that regard. But, I would find it odd that it was built and managed by a company, Global Spectrum, that seems to heavily focus on ice-based events.
      My design group while I was an intern was responsible for the video and scoring system. I remembered a little hoopla about not having ice making abilities, much like Northern Kentucky's arena. That isn't to say they can't add it later, most newer arenas use the hockey floor footprint as a standard. NKU's arena failed to even do that.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOJO View Post
        Kind of ****ed off that the CCHA rallied to keep NMU in the league just over a year ago and then the commisioner and Big Ten schools bolt shortly afterwards. I'll bet Coach Kyle and Les Wong are kicking themselves for not making the move (WCHA) when they had the chance.
        Yep. The college hockey scene would look a lot different with NMU in the WCHA. Heck, UAH might be in the CCHA right now, and UNO might have thought twice about moving the rest of their sports up to D1 as well. Who knows if Blias would have went there to coach.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          And heck, for NMU to now get into the WCHA, they're going to need somebody else to come along with them. Other than the Irish, there's not really any good program out there that the WCHA would really want.
          NMU + Lindenwood or UM Crookston?
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
            Crookston???? Ha!! Surely you jest!! They're one of the worst run D2 schools in the country. All of their sports have pretty much been laughing stocks in the NSIC. Not to mention that their hockey program has been dead for 2 years. And don't get Hammer or me started on them about how they found out that the program was gone on the bus ride to Adrian.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Interesting development regarding conference discussions. All of the NCAA ice hockey committees are meeting in Indianapolis today for annual meetings. Seems first order of business is the playoff format. Half shields also up for discussion later.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                Crookston???? Ha!! Surely you jest!! They're one of the worst run D2 schools in the country. All of their sports have pretty much been laughing stocks in the NSIC. Not to mention that their hockey program has been dead for 2 years. And don't get Hammer or me started on them about how they found out that the program was gone on the bus ride to Adrian.
                I was just going to say, didn't Crookston just drop hockey??

aparch--are there advertisements on the boards yet? Anything of note there?
                Always a Wildcat...
                Originally posted by Kepler
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                  aparch--are there advertisements on the boards yet? Anything of note there?
                  I can't tell from the crappy webcam. If they'd upgrade to a better quality one, I may be able to see better.
                  http://www.acs.nmu.edu/campics/berry.jpg

Oh, I Was wrong with Uppco, I now think it may be Perkins.

Either way, the ice looks real good* so far.

(*for as well as I can tell via a crappy webcam feed)

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Was MSU-Moorhead confused with UM-Crookston a couple posts ago? Moorhead is the team that had rumors swirling a while ago about fielding a d1 team. I don't think anyone ever thought Crookston was in play.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Was MSU-Moorhead confused with UM-Crookston a couple posts ago? Moorhead is the team that had rumors swirling a while ago about fielding a d1 team. I don't think anyone ever thought Crookston was in play.
                      Quite possibly. That would make much more sense.
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Yeah, thats what I meant. haha....I move out of the midwest and get my MSU schools confused. Sorry.
                        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                        2006-2007: 15-24-2
                        2007-2008: 20-20-4
                        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          No. And it was sad to see Wayne State dropped without even a whimper. Anastos flat out denied it into the CCHA, and they gave up and folded.

Oh, and from the looks of it, the in-ice sponsors this year are: Hudsons Grill, Rio-Tinto Mines, FOX UP & WLUCTV6, and I think UPPCO (but I'm not sure). Gone are Ramada/Holiday Inn.

Here's hoping this year they put the Wildcat logo on straight and not crooked like the last two years.
                          Anastos couldn't have flat out denied it. Much like Huntsville not being accepted, the CCHA member schools denied it.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I was under the impression that Anastos shot it down before it could have been presented to the member schools for a vote. I could definitely be wrong about it though.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Anastos couldn't have flat out denied it. Much like Huntsville not being accepted, the CCHA member schools denied it.
                              I love the growth of college hockey. none

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I was under the impression that Anastos shot it down before it could have been presented to the member schools for a vote. I could definitely be wrong about it though.
                                I, for one, am pretty able to believe that pointless and doooshbag-esque moves are pretty easy to believe out of ol' Tommy.
                                Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Working...
                                X