Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East - The Off Season

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
    WEEI didn't even acknowledge hockey existed until the Bruins made their cup run.

98.5 has been quite good with HE so far. They broadcasted the HE finals last year and this year I believe. On Wednesdays during the hockey season DA had a few HE coaches and the commissioner on.

Besides DA though I haven't heard much of a mention of college hockey sides the occasional mention of the Beanpot and when a school has something worthy of making headlines that they read coming back from commercials. Unless lots of fans start calling in or something to talk about college hockey they are not going to promote it anymore.

One idea to try and get 98.5 more into it would be to get them to broadcast certain games if the Bruins are not playing at that time. If they where broadcasting more of the games you would probably get the program managers pushing the hosts to talk a little more HE action.
    WEEI actually screens callers who want to talk about college hockey. They have even had running gags where they hang up immediately on any caller who mentions the Beanpot.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
      WEEI actually screens callers who want to talk about college hockey. They have even had running gags where they hang up immediately on any caller who mentions the Beanpot.
      maybe that's why they are getting their arses kicked by 98.5 in the latest Arbitron ratings

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        maybe that's why they are getting their arses kicked by 98.5 in the latest Arbitron ratings
        Felger is from Wisconsin originally and a BU grad (And I'm pretty sure I've heard him rip into BC in the past), maybe he'd have a few minutes to spare for HE!

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
          Felger is from Wisconsin originally and a BU grad (And I'm pretty sure I've heard him rip into BC in the past), maybe he'd have a few minutes to spare for HE!
          One of the staffers on the DA show is a BC grad. I think a few others of the staffers who work at the Hub are NU grads.

If Syracuse ever started a Mens team and joined HE than we would hear a ton about them on the DA show whenever they played a game in Boston

Anyway if we want to hear more HE on the sports radio there needs to be a better marketing effort of it from the conference and the individual schools. Besides those national championship sings BU and BC had on the Mass Pike and the billboard BU has outside Agganis arena it seems difficult to see advertising for these programs. Maybe HE or the schools should consider paying some of the shows to have their coaches on shows promoting upcoming games. Maybe they should get a few more billboards around town.

Comment

Maybe HE or the schools should consider paying some of the shows to have their coaches on shows promoting upcoming games.
            I'll avoid this radio debate for the most part because I'm extremely biased, but this reminded me of how amazed I am that neither sports radio station has at least Parker or York on more often. I would think even the casual Boston sports fan would be at least somewhat interested in that interview. Obviously they all know who Parker and York are. And then maybe if those interviews go well, you start bringing on some of the other coaches who are having good seasons.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

nobody in this town gives a chit about college hockey unless you CARE. there are no 'casual' college hockey fans.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                yeah, i know that and you're "pretty sure" you've heard him rip BC? that's his favorite pastime and it's to the point that he loses credibility his opinions are that severe and over the top

If Syracuse ever started a Mens team and joined HE than we would hear a ton about them on the DA show whenever they played a game in Boston
                so true and it's been that way for a long time

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                nobody in this town gives a chit about college hockey unless you CARE. there are no 'casual' college hockey fans.
                yep, other than the Beanpot it pretty much is under the radar sadly
                Last edited by sterlippo1; 07-20-2011, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  I'll avoid this radio debate for the most part because I'm extremely biased, but this reminded me of how amazed I am that neither sports radio station has at least Parker or York on more often. I would think even the casual Boston sports fan would be at least somewhat interested in that interview. Obviously they all know who Parker and York are. And then maybe if those interviews go well, you start bringing on some of the other coaches who are having good seasons.
                  i'd like to hear your take on it FL, bias or not........GDF has been on WEEI numerous times but i cant say that i have ever heard either Jerry or Jack on. There was a show on a smaller radio station, AM i believe up around 11 or 12 on the dial that on wednesday at maybe 5 there was an hour long college hockey program. i have tried to find it the past year or two but apparently it's gone. they even covered D2

Comment

Interesting look at some incoming freshman this year in Hockey East.

http://chatlantic.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
                      Interesting look at some incoming freshman this year in Hockey East.

http://chatlantic.blogspot.com/
                      Wonder if KJ Tiefenwerth is considering Sacred Heart because BC wants to take some scholarship money away so they can land Gaudreau?

Comment

Working...
                      X