X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East - The Off Season

that one was my bad... I can't read.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Any chance that the Big East swoops in like the Big Ten and starts a hockey conference...PC, UCONN, and adds others as hockey only? Would contribute to a Big East TV Network as no hoops on Friday Nights...Just a thought, maybe way off base but a thought

Comment

Originally posted by RealHockeyDad View Post
        Any chance that the Big East swoops in like the Big Ten and starts a hockey conference...PC, UCONN, and adds others as hockey only? Would contribute to a Big East TV Network as no hoops on Friday Nights...Just a thought, maybe way off base but a thought
        Right now the only Big East schools with hockey are PC, UConn and Notre Dame. That means they need three more before they could form their own hockey conference. Besides Syracuse, I don't see what Big East school would consider adding hockey. Sure, it would be great to see college hockey expand to one of the NYC-area schools or to Philly with Villanova or to DC with Georgetown, but I just don't see that happening any time soon.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Right now the only Big East schools with hockey are PC, UConn and Notre Dame. That means they need three more before they could form their own hockey conference. Besides Syracuse, I don't see what Big East school would consider adding hockey. Sure, it would be great to see college hockey expand to one of the NYC-area schools or to Philly with Villanova or to DC with Georgetown, but I just don't see that happening any time soon.
          Syracuse has a womens team and would seem like the most likely team to add a mens in the next 10 years or so.

Rutgers is supposedly considering about either replacing or remodelling the Rutgers athletic Center and they could choose to put ice making capabilities in new building. Supposedly the original plans for it way back when had called for that but that plan was dropped.

Seton Hall could start up a team and play home games at the Prudential Center (their club team already plays there and the Nets will be leaving soon) and would probably just have to spend on coaches and scholarships. However they would be like Ohio State and have a massive arena with horrible attendance.

Alot would have to happen before even one of those schools got a program ie alumni or boosters really pushing for it so I have my doubts. Who know's though maybe with the next Football and bball contract the conference will be flush with more cash and able to invest in new programs.

Comment

What's the best line up you can put together from your teams past/current rosters?

Vermont
            Olympian / Stanley Cup Winner

F - Martin St. Louis *****http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/300/article_30669_2.jpg******

Olympian and Stanley Cup Winner
            F - John Leclair *****http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/5f9/john-leclair-team-usa-signed-8x10-olympic-photo_5f97acb6aab412b5358600836d69cf48.jpg******

Stanley Cup Champion
            F - Patrick Sharp *****http://pauldarrow.com/sports/sports20.jpg******

D - Jamie Sifers *****http://farm3.static.flickr.com
            /2697/4440845658_2f9d953860.jpg******

Olympian and almost Stanley Cup Champion
            D - Aaron Miller *****http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/2216796727_53eee0268a.jpg******

Olympian / Vezina Winner
            G - Tim Thomas *****http://tenderslounge.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/usa-tim-thomas.jpg******
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              What's the best line up you can put together from your teams past/current rosters?
              Are we talking about players who went on to the NHL or just the best players at our respective schools?

In the NHL from Lowell:

Dwayne Roloson (G)

*****http://www.sportsrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/dwayneroloson.jpg******

Craig MacTavish (C)

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0pXpO366l2w/SfpTmzPPoLI/AAAAAAAABgI/8zLvqf8N33s/s400/scan0358.jpg******
              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Curious about how Kevin Shea was selected to do the Michigan-UND game tonight. I have nothing negative to say about him, but seems like an odd choice. How long has he been a ref? Thought he was a linesman in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Curious about how Kevin Shea was selected to do the Michigan-UND game tonight. I have nothing negative to say about him, but seems like an odd choice. How long has he been a ref? Thought he was a linesman in years past.
                  Hockey East referees are all absolutely terrible, with the exception of Gravel. Bob Bernard also missed an offsides call and was called out on it big time by GT and BM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                    Are we talking about players who went on to the NHL or just the best players at our respective schools?

I was thinking more along the lines of the best 3 forwards, 2 D and goalie. Mainly I'm really bored because its the offseason and there is little other to talk about.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Re: Hockey East - The Off Season

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                      Hockey East referees are all absolutely terrible, with the exception of Gravel. Bob Bernard also missed an offsides call and was called out on it big time by GT and BM.
                      I think Grav is absolutely brutal, tries to be the center of attention.

BTW apparently HE sent 2 crews to the FF so they're doing the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        I think Grav is absolutely brutal, tries to be the center of attention.

BTW apparently HE sent 2 crews to the FF so they're doing the championship game.
                        Yeah, they planned on helping BC win another NC oooops :X
                        Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

Originally posted by smalogna View Post
                          This would have been funny if HE refs would have been allowed to ref a game involving BC...

Comment

Now I know you have absolutely zero experience with Frozen Fours and minimal with the NCAAs but officials can't be from the same conf as the teams in the game, nice try.

Comment

1. You're aware that both of BC's recent title wins were blowouts, where the officiating was irrelevant, right?
                              2. You're aware that you're in no position to be making comments to any other fan about national titles, or lack thereof, right?
                              time to write new history

Comment

In other news, Brodie Reid is leaving. We lose without a doubt our most talented freshman. I feel like I just got punched in the gut....
                                Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X