This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

from nhl.com....s it possible that an impressive Combine would help elevate the status of defenseman Patrick Koudys of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute? Koudys just made the cut to participate at the Combine as the No. 76-rated North American skater, according to Central Scouting.

"Where a person can improve or hurt his standing is if he shows great strength in certain areas and a strength and conditioning coach of a certain team says, 'This Patrick Koudys is the type of kid who's unbelievably strong and has the type of game that can translate to the NHL,' " Gregory said. "Then, instead of waiting until the fourth round, that team may take a shot on him knowing that he may not be around that long since he's the type of D-man a team may want to work with. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=563804
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      from nhl.com....s it possible that an impressive Combine would help elevate the status of defenseman Patrick Koudys of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute? Koudys just made the cut to participate at the Combine as the No. 76-rated North American skater, according to Central Scouting.

"Where a person can improve or hurt his standing is if he shows great strength in certain areas and a strength and conditioning coach of a certain team says, 'This Patrick Koudys is the type of kid who's unbelievably strong and has the type of game that can translate to the NHL,' " Gregory said. "Then, instead of waiting until the fourth round, that team may take a shot on him knowing that he may not be around that long since he's the type of D-man a team may want to work with. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=563804
      Hopefully, whoever drafts him will allow Appert and Vines to work with him for a few years first.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Hopefully, whoever drafts him will allow Appert and Vines to work with him for a few years first.
        I am expecting late 3rd or early 4th round. I would be somewhat fearful if he goes any sooner that we would see him leaving the NCAA sooner than expected.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This sounds vaguely familiar, but since it is dated today, I guess it must be new. PK is rated #100 (DrD should be happy ) by thescoutingreport.org http://www.thescoutingreport.org/tsr...skaters-76100/.

100. LD Patrick Koudys – RPI (NCAA)
          DOB: Nov. 15/92 | Shoots: L | Height: 6.04 | Weight: 196lbs
          Midterm Rank: NR | League Rank: 8th NCAA | Country Rank: 42nd Canada
          Koudys had a bit of a prolonged adjustment to the NCAA this year after spending last season with the OJHL’s Burlington Cougars. Koudys has plenty of size and is a fairly mobile player with decent pivot ability; both attractive attributes. Offensive upside is questionable and his overall impact on the game probably isn’t as big as you would hope for him. Could be an interesting prospect to see if his overall game comes around at RPI.
          I liked a comment on Cornell recruit Philippe Hudon #76
          the fact that a “power forward” will be heading to Cornell might also be a bit of an issue for NHL teams.
          SUNY-Ithaca is not the place for forwards.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This sounds vaguely familiar, but since it is dated today, I guess it must be new. PK is rated #100 (DrD should be happy ) by thescoutingreport.org http://www.thescoutingreport.org/tsr...skaters-76100/.

I liked a comment on Cornell recruit Philippe Hudon #76 SUNY-Ithaca is not the place for forwards.
            the fact that the writer is only 22 leads me to believe that most of his critiques were taken from other sources, hence the "vaguely familiar sounds". Tough to gain a ton of inside info at such a young age, IMHO.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post

Turk Man is always on his game even on a holiday. If you check this thread tb and I have been saying that Pat is going to go higher than most think. The kid has a great head on his shoulders and this holds great sway with NHL scouts. The following quote is from Mark Jooris, his coach at Burlington “If you were drafting on character, he’d go first overall,” says Mark Jooris, who coached him on the Burlington Cougars last year.“The character is there,” echoes Rob Kitamura, head of OHL Central Scouting. To my fellow posters, we want Pat to go high because it lends itself to the program getting the props it deserves. Pat knock em dead at combine.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Cute, but seems more appropriate during the season.
                Re: RPI Off Season Thread 2011 Part II: Aspydad is not playing the name the thread game if Ralph is going to always knock down his ideas. Think thats too long?
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Re: RPI Off Season Thread 2011 Part II: Aspydad is not playing the name the thread game if Ralph is going to always knock down his ideas. Think thats too long?
                  It's definitely longer than USCHO allows.

I did like that title. I just didn't think that it pertains to the off season. Obviously, others may think differently.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RB, I'm beggin ya...with-a--knick-knack-paddy-wack-give-AD-a-bone

Comment

I liked a comment on Cornell recruit Philippe Hudon #76 SUNY-Ithaca is not the place for forwards.
                      That's about where my 2 sources have him. It sure looks like PK will pick a pick-anyone think we might have one more?
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        That's about where my 2 sources have him. It sure looks like PK will pick a pick-anyone think we might have one more?
                        IMO Kasdorf has at least 50% likelihood, and others are possible.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 31 May 2011. There are 123 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Still looking forward to the release of the 2011 recruits... and the ECAC's pending Y2J problem...
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

the fact that a “power forward” will be heading to Cornell might also be a bit of an issue for NHL teams.
                              Even for New Jersey?
                              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-31-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Even for New Jersey?
                                Good point.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-31-2011, 08:54 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X