X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Not quite, Ralph. I was referring to the seven game suspension that was handed down by the USHL to Luke Curadi after THE FIRST GAME, basically for being 9 inches taller than another player after laying a hit.
    I was "a bit" off.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

To quote Herb Brooks's father, "I guess they cut the right guy."
      We'll really never know. It's interesting that none of our incoming defensemen is an offensive defenseman like Quinn.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have been meaning to do this for quite a while, but I finally got around to it. I posted a poll http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...8-RPI-Recruits asking which recruits do you expect to see on the team next season. I made it public because I expect some non-RPI fans to post meaningless responses. I included some (e.g., Melanson), who undoubtedly won't come this year, for completeness sake.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          We'll really never know. It's interesting that none of our incoming defensemen is an offensive defenseman like Quinn.
          We have Bergin and Bailen to fill that void. Quarterbacks are nice, but you really need someone Cornell players can dive in fro- er, someone to plant an attacking forward on his rear.

Comment

If the ECAC pulls a USHL at the start of the season, though, we should demand that RPI moves to Hockey East.
            *****http://blogs.thescore.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tbj/files/2011/05/phil-jackson-facepalm1.jpg******
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• 2 captains and 2 assistants this upcoming season!!
              We have Bergin and Bailen to fill that void. Quarterbacks are nice, but you really need someone Cornell players can dive in fro- er, someone to plant an attacking forward on his rear.
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Today is 24 May 2011. There are 130 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                  2 captains and 2 assistants this upcoming season!!
                  Oh goodie, new point of speculation. Frankly, you may not know how to write in proper sentences, but you usually aren't wrong with the information you put up here.

I'll put in the first guess: Malchuk and AAG for co-captains, with A's being Rabbani and O'Grady (big long shot, I know).

Comment

Oh goodie, new point of speculation. Frankly, you may not know how to write in proper sentences, but you usually aren't wrong with the information you put up here.

I'll put in the first guess: Malchuk and AAG for co-captains, with A's being Rabbani and O'Grady (big long shot, I know).
                    It's all guesses, but I agree with the two captains and Rabbani. I also think that at least one of the A's will be an non-senior, but I will go with Bailen.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      It's all guesses, but I agree with the two captains and Rabbani. I also think that at least one of the A's will be an non-senior, but I will go with Bailen.
                      It's too bad that Pat Cullen is still a bit in the shadows. "Just average" his sophomore year, but started to make some strides last year. Hopefully, like Helfrich, he returns to strong form this upcoming year.

Comment

I never liked having two captains, but if that is what is going to happen, I believe that one should be a defenseman. Malchuk seems to have the inside track, so I would go with Bailen as the second. AAG and Rabbani would be good choices for assistants. JMO
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          I never liked having two captains, but if that is what is going to happen, I believe that one should be a defenseman. Malchuk seems to have the inside track, so I would go with Bailen as the second. AAG and Rabbani would be good choices for assistants. JMO
                          My personal point of prediction is that because Kennedy (the captain last year) was injured for a certain amount of time, it didn't feel right to appoint one of the A's as a designated captain for a month. However, what seems more likely is that there are two fabulous candidates (or the chemistry between the two is very good) and Coach is not able to choose between the two.

Come to think of it (yes, I think as I type), maybe the idea is that because the two year captainship really worked wonders this past year (let's face it: we wouldn't have made the tournament if it wasn't for that 3-4 months of training and hard work led by Kennedy in the summer), coach may want a junior captain that will lead summer training once finals are over (plus however much of a break the players desire).

Comment

because the two year captainship really worked wonders this past year (let's face it: we wouldn't have made the tournament if it wasn't for that 3-4 months of training and hard work led by Kennedy in the summer)
                            Because those practices wouldn't have happened if JFK was a new captain...

My guess on captains are Malchuk and Bergin with AAG and Bailen as assistants.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

I like those choices. I would be more than surprised if Malchuk is not a captain.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X