X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    This video was just released from our neighbors to the west in Pyongyang after learning Luke Curadi is on his way to Troy after winning the USHL title.
    I knew they were up to no good down in the south.

Comment

Just wanted to mention that the Dubuque Fighting Saints got a mention from Mike Emrick in yesterday's telecast of the Boston/Tampa Bay game.
      It seems that one of the reporters has a son on that team.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Just wanted to mention that the Dubuque Fighting Saints got a mention from Mike Emrick in yesterday's telecast of the Boston/Tampa Bay game.
        It seems that one of the reporters has a son on that team.
        Correction, Adam Micheletti is not a player, but Director of Hockey operations for the Saints.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Monty and the Dubuque Fighting Saints have won the Clark Cup. Luke ends it with a cross-checking penalty at about 58 minutes.
          Nice to have a champion on our club for next year. Now if we can add some more to his resume over the next 4 years....
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Nice to have a champion on our club for next year. Now if we can add some more to his resume over the next 4 years....
            It never hurts to have players with winning experience. That and size can't be taught.
            Benjamin Franklin
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              If the ECAC pulls a USHL at the start of the season, though, we should demand that RPI moves to Hockey East.

Comment

Thinking about Dubuque, does anyone know of another expansion team in any sport that one a championship their first year? (A whole new league doesn't count.)
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Thinking about Dubuque, does anyone know of another expansion team in any sport that one a championship their first year? (A whole new league doesn't count.)
                  The Albany Legends of the International Basketball League won its league title last year as an expansion team....the IBL for those of you who dont know, is like the lowest level of semi-pro hoops you can get..
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    If the ECAC pulls a USHL at the start of the season, though, we should demand that RPI moves to Hockey East.
                    Please explain for the unenlightened among us - what would the ECAC have to do in order to be considered as having "pulled a USHL?"

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      Please explain for the unenlightened among us - what would the ECAC have to do in order to be considered as having "pulled a USHL?"
                      Perhaps the Quinn decision by the league.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 23 May 2011. There are 131 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I still don't follow.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            I still don't follow.
                            Dubuque felt that they were being screwed by the USHL since they said that they were promised a third foreign exemption. My guess was that FlagDUDE08 was referring to something similar by the ECAC to RPI. For example, they could disagree with the NCAA's granting of Malchuk's medical redshirt.

Now I'll wait for FD08's explanation.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

To quote Herb Brooks's father, "I guess they cut the right guy."

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                Not quite, Ralph. I was referring to the seven game suspension that was handed down by the USHL to Luke Curadi after THE FIRST GAME, basically for being 9 inches taller than another player after laying a hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X