X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Even I got one, and I haven't had season tickets since 73-74.
    I think mine got lost in the mail along with the banquet invite I never got...I've only had season tickets for 20 yrs. or so, maybe I'm not worthy yet...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 13 May 2011. There are 141 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        Because I'm greedy.

I want all that stuff that you mentioned AND I want our team to finally get back to being one of the preeminent teams in the ECAC.
        This. So much this.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I wouldn't waste your time with this bedwetter. ECAC championships are nice but ultimately meaningless given where Seth Appert's sights are set. Let this little whiner whine about a loser trophy for losers.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Unless I totally misunderstood what was said at the team's awards banquet, Seth Appert said he wants the program to continue to get better.

Let me make it very clear that the fact that he is continually striving to improve is one big reason why I consider him a very fine coach.

I want for the program what I believe he wants, himself.

Comment

Today is 14 May 2011. There are 140 days (20 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                I wouldn't waste your time with this bedwetter. ECAC championships are nice but ultimately meaningless given where Seth Appert's sights are set. Let this little whiner whine about a loser trophy for losers.
                Wouldn't an ECAC Championship be included in the vision? I don't think I would consider the accomplishment meaningless based on where SA wants to go. It would be an added step to the process. Mn Duluth didn't win the WCHA Championship, but they did win the NCAA's. I am sure they were a better team/more focused after losing to Bemidji. Besides, you get hardware with an ECAC Championship.......you get a travel bag from the NCAA Regionals.
                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                  mn duluth didn't win the wcha championship, but they did win the ncaa's.
                  QED. My point is that this dope seems fixated on a lesser goal, therefore, he deserves to be ignored (which he is when it comes to me, I find his posts to be lacking insight or logic).
                  Last edited by Red Cloud; 05-14-2011, 10:53 AM.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Wouldn't an ECAC Championship be included in the vision? I don't think I would consider the accomplishment meaningless based on where SA wants to go. It would be an added step to the process. Mn Duluth didn't win the WCHA Championship, but they did win the NCAA's. I am sure they were a better team/more focused after losing to Bemidji. Besides, you get hardware with an ECAC Championship.......you get a travel bag from the NCAA Regionals.
                    You saw where winning the ECAC got Union.....thats nice but not the prize...staying ranked all season and getting yourself into the tournament,however you get there is the goal...if you happen to win the league thats icing on the cake but not the end game...as you astutly pointed out UMD didn't win the WCHA but did win the national championship...soooo I pose this question...Would you rather be UMD or Union ? To answer your question yes the league championship is included in the vision but only by process it is far from THE VISION I would rather win 1 championship evey 10 years than 10 league titles thats just me.Cornell has won the league championship in '73-'80-'86-'97-'03-'05...last National Championship 40 years ago !
                    Last edited by troyboy; 05-14-2011, 11:06 AM.
                    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was referring to an ECAC Championship, as in the Tournament Championship. I agree that winning the league (regular season first place) is meaningless if that is what RC meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding. The ECAC Tournament Championship is an accomplishment in my opinion.
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I was referring to an ECAC Championship, as in the Tournament Championship. I agree that winning the league (regular season first place) is meaningless if that is what RC meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding. The ECAC Tournament Championship is an accomplishment in my opinion.
                        I believe it is still being said that that shouldn't be the goal. We proved this year you can lose in the ECAC tournament in the first round and still have a shot at the national title, and it would have been the exact same shot we would have had if we had won the ECAC championship. Who we played may have been different, but either way, four wins from the national championship.

Comment

If I may quote a 90's rap artist: "Anything less than the best is a felony"....NCAA title or bust.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I believe it is still being said that that shouldn't be the goal. We proved this year you can lose in the ECAC tournament in the first round and still have a shot at the national title, and it would have been the exact same shot we would have had if we had won the ECAC championship. Who we played may have been different, but either way, four wins from the national championship.
                            But the odds would have been better with the higher seed which we would have had with an ECAC championship.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              But the odds would have been better with the higher seed which we would have had with an ECAC championship.
                              Meh, still would have needed four wins. Plus, clutch and grab doesn't prepare us against western teams.

Comment

My original point, and I believe this is in a similar vein to what Waite21's opinion is, is that we are not satisfied with showing up in the NCAA tournament and getting blown out. Yes, it is a drastic improvement since four years ago when I came to this school and started following the team. The progress that we have seen under Appert's tutelage has been fantastic. Basically, I want to be the team that everyone is scared to play. I'm tired of saying "oh, crap, we're playing Yale / Cornell / Miami / North Dakota this weekend, it's going to suck," I want other teams' fans to say, "crap, we're playing RPI this weekend, it's going to suck." That is clearly the direction we are headed and I believe that a prolonged appearance at the top of the ECAC standings, a solid couple of years in the ECAC tournament, and a couple NCAA wins will put us in that spot.

The progress is real and we are headed in the right direction. That's something that I think most everyone can agree upon.
                                Last edited by burgie12; 05-14-2011, 03:28 PM. Reason: us, not is
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X