This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Heading over to the Field House today to drop off my season ticket order form, hopefully I can get a look inside to see if the ice is still down or if anything is going on. Will report back later tonight.
    Last edited by fishcore12; 05-12-2011, 08:56 AM.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      Heading over to the Field House today to drop off my season ticket order form, hopefully I can get a look inside to see if the ice is still down or if anything is going on. Will report back later tonight.
      Did you get a season ticket order form in the mail? Have been waiting and haven't received one. Guess I will have to print one off the web.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoot the Puck View Post
        Did you get a season ticket order form in the mail? Have been waiting and haven't received one. Guess I will have to print one off the web.
        Even I got one, and I haven't had season tickets since 73-74.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The ice is gone and they're likely prepping the building for Commencement.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Shoot the Puck View Post
            Printed mine off the web, went today around 10:45 and the doors were locked and lights off in the box office...lots of workers outside putting flowers and stuff in....getting ready for commencement like lugnut92 said. Oh well will actually call and see if they are open again next week.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Printed mine off the web, went today around 10:45 and the doors were locked and lights off in the box office...lots of workers outside putting flowers and stuff in....getting ready for commencement like lugnut92 said. Oh well will actually call and see if they are open again next week.
              Didn't I read somewhere that the box office has temporarily moved to the new building in the ECAV?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Didn't I read somewhere that the box office has temporarily moved to the new building in the ECAV?
                I emailed them last week asking what the hours were and if they were back in the field house and was told they are back in the field house...like I said before will just call one day next week and see if I can get in touch with them. Still a few more months till the season starts and plenty of offseason things to discuss

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                  The Poly (newspaper on the RPI campus) named Seth Appert as their Poly Person of the year. They aren't currently publishing online (poly.rpi.edu) or I'd get a link to share the article with all of you. The article talks a bit on SA's own hockey career and why he chose to come to RPI. It also talks about the community related things the team's done, like adopting Ben Mayo, a young boy with cancer, onto the team.
                  RKarger, thanks for scanning the article into the thread. It was a nice article.

I like Seth Appert. Really, I do.

But if the Poly shows him this much love now, I can't wait to see what they will do if he ever gets the team to the point that they actually finish in the ECAC's top four in the regular season and/or win a quarterfinal series in the league playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    But if the Poly shows him this much love now, I can't wait to see what they will do if he ever gets the team to the point that they actually finish in the ECAC's top four in the regular season and/or win a quarterfinal series in the league playoffs.
                    Maybe it was just a bad year for RPI people.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Maybe it was just a bad year for RPI people.
                      That one. Definitely that one.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                        RKarger, thanks for scanning the article into the thread. It was a nice article.

I like Seth Appert. Really, I do.

I have to ask why? Why do we continue this crap about our great coach. Coach brings us to the dance, players he recruited are playing in the pros (JDA,Pirri and York), HFH renovated, back to national promenience, top 20 all year, 20 wins, etc. etc. etc. Why, man? Why?
                        Last edited by AspyDad; 05-12-2011, 03:02 PM.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I emailed them last week asking what the hours were and if they were back in the field house and was told they are back in the field house...like I said before will just call one day next week and see if I can get in touch with them. Still a few more months till the season starts and plenty of offseason things to discuss
                          You'll probably have better luck earlier in the week. The fieldhouse box office staff have been taking Thursdays and Fridays off in recent weeks, or so I've been told.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            I have to ask why? Why do we continue this crap about our great coach. Coach brings us to the dance, players he recruited are playing in the pros (JDA,Pirri and York), HFH renovated, back to national promenience, top 20 all year, 20 wins, etc. etc. etc. Why, man? Why?
                            Because some feel that a team is only successful if there's a piece of metal that comes along with the season, and if there isn't, the old addage of "Players win, coaches lose" is slapped on.

EDIT: Or, in the case of a RC Special, the team loses Freakout.
                            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-12-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              Because I'm greedy.

I want all that stuff that you mentioned AND I want our team to finally get back to being one of the preeminent teams in the ECAC.

Comment

In case anyone was wondering, former coach Monty won the USHL GM of the Year award. http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=4031

Comment

Working...
                                X