X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Cant believe they're selling off those new Warrior jerseys already. I wonder if the schools contract with them is up and they decided to sign on with someone new for next season. If thats the case I hope they keep the same design. The RPI jersey is one of the nicest looking in all college hockey.
    What do you mean by "Warrior" jersey?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      What do you mean by "Warrior" jersey?
      Warrior jersey

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
        Ah! It's a company.

I didn't think that RPI's jerseys looked like Golden States'.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It doesn't get better than when we wear the Cherry and White on the road. They are the sharpest unis in D-1. Dana, also does a great job on the black fri jersey's. He informed me that he wanted to give the RPI thread first crack at getting your favorite #'s.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
            Cant believe they're selling off those new Warrior jerseys already. I wonder if the schools contract with them is up and they decided to sign on with someone new for next season. If thats the case I hope they keep the same design. The RPI jersey is one of the nicest looking in all college hockey.
            It's probably because of the 50th anniversary patch. I don't know how the jerseys work, whether they're generally kept for all four years or only used for the one year (obviously in this case it's one year), but we'll likely be going back to what we had for the 09-10 season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              It's probably because of the 50th anniversary patch. I don't know how the jerseys work, whether they're generally kept for all four years or only used for the one year (obviously in this case it's one year), but we'll likely be going back to what we had for the 09-10 season.
              I thought that in recent years, new jerseys were ordered every year. That is far from the situation when I was at RPI.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought that in recent years, new jerseys were ordered every year. That is far from the situation when I was at RPI.
                To be fair, such expenditures are probably largely based on the (not uncommon or particularly unusual but the nevertheless sharp) modern marketing tactics, i.e. selling game-used jerseys, selling Black Friday jerseys, etc.

Comment

When we were at RPI I thought the Jerseys looked like hand me down red pajamas.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    It doesn't get better than when we wear the Cherry and White on the road. They are the sharpest unis in D-1. Dana, also does a great job on the black fri jersey's. He informed me that he wanted to give the RPI thread first crack at getting your favorite #'s.
                    TOTALLY agree AD... I love the road sweaters...I wish we could wear them at home! Ditto your thoughts on Dana...he makes our boys fly !! NEVER underestimate the skate sharpening skill of big Dana !!!!!!
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I thought that in recent years, new jerseys were ordered every year...
                      Yes that is the case. Coaches usually make $$$ from the contracts signed with equipment companies...for their teams. I know Warrior supplied our sweaters, pants and gloves this year. ..I think the helmets were Easton, but am not positive. I believe last year's sweaters were Easton...
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 05-10-2011, 10:16 PM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 11 May 2011. There are 143 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Yes that is the case. Coaches usually make $$$ from the contracts signed with equipment companies...for their teams. I know Warrior supplied our sweaters, pants and gloves this year. ..I think the helmets were Easton, but am not positive. I believe last year's sweaters were Easton...
                          WS......you have it somewhat correct. They don't really make $$$$$, however, they are provided with product. Any $$$$$ made in the contract must be spent on additional product. Also, additional free product is usually tied into amount of $$$$$ spent on product throughout the year.
                          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

The Poly (newspaper on the RPI campus) named Seth Appert as their Poly Person of the year. They aren't currently publishing online (poly.rpi.edu) or I'd get a link to share the article with all of you. The article talks a bit on SA's own hockey career and why he chose to come to RPI. It also talks about the community related things the team's done, like adopting Ben Mayo, a young boy with cancer, onto the team.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                              The Poly (newspaper on the RPI campus) named Seth Appert as their Poly Person of the year. They aren't currently publishing online (poly.rpi.edu) or I'd get a link to share the article with all of you. The article talks a bit on SA's own hockey career and why he chose to come to RPI. It also talks about the community related things the team's done, like adopting Ben Mayo, a young boy with cancer, onto the team.
                              Find a scanner on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Find a scanner on campus.
                                My printer that's about three feet away from me has a scanner, however I frequently can't get it to work...I'll give it a shot. If it works I'll try to scan the S&W interview with SA as well if I still have a copy around.

Comment

Working...
                                X