X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    I may be the only one on the board who saw Dryden win a collegiate game.

He was in net when Cornell beat RPI, 7-2 on November 26, 1966.

The game was played Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, so most of the students, apparently including Ralph and Dr. D, were home on break. I was too, but since my home was in Hoosick Falls, it was easy for me to get to Troy for the game.

I don't remember Dryden doing anything particularly heroic. As the score would indicate, most of the game was played in RPI's end.
    I left RPI june of 1966 but was in school at Albany Medical College at the time of the game. I sem to recall being there but do not have access to all my old scoresheets which are in upstate NY. I cam back across the river for most of the games during 1966-1971 but can't honestly say for sure if I saw the game yo mention.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I left RPI june of 1966 but was in school at Albany Medical College at the time of the game. I sem to recall being there but do not have access to all my old scoresheets which are in upstate NY. I cam back across the river for most of the games during 1966-1971 but can't honestly say for sure if I saw the game yo mention.
      I went to Cornell to see our freshmen play in 1965. Dryden was the freshman goalie.

I graduated in 1968 and went on to med school in Baltimore.
      Would like to speak to you if ok with you.

Comment

Today is 30 April 2011. There are 154 days (22 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          Actually his wife and kids will be joining him at RPI its feels like its been that long since he was supposed to come in.
          Hahaha great comment...loved it!

Comment

Today is 1 May 2011. There are 153 days (5 months) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              Great article about JFK. Thanks Captain for everything.
              http://www.timesunion.com/default/ar...ce-1359305.php
              Quoted from the Union Off-Season thread. Fantastic job, AspyDad.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Today is 2 May 2011. There are 152 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 3 May 2011. There are 151 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He'll be there.
                    And this confirms it:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=561762

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                      So they inivited the top 76 NA skaters this season. Good for Pat.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I believe some apologies are in order Adad...Im sure they will be graciously accepted...I hope from here on in when Adad speaks people listen !!!!!!!
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I believe Adad garnered this information when he was having lunch weeks back w/Hokydad,Gary Bettman,and his good friend Wayne Gretzky.....I also understand Paul Stewart and Ken Schotts were @ the lunch.Just a note Ralph Baer was also invited to attend but refused to leave the Washington DC area something about the witness protection program
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            I believe some apologies are in order Adad...Im sure they will be graciously accepted...I hope from here on in when Adad speaks people listen !!!!!!!
                            I don't think Ralph is going to apologize to me. He really has never acknowledged the contribution that I have made to this thread. It's really unfortunate because I look up to Ralph like a great, great, great grandfather figure. I've stopped seeking his approval.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                              I believe Adad garnered this information when he was having lunch weeks back w/Hokydad,Gary Bettman,and his good friend Wayne Gretzky.....I also understand Paul Stewart and Ken Schotts were @ the lunch.Just a note Ralph Baer was also invited to attend but refused to leave the Washington DC area something about the witness protection program
                              Hokydad's good friend Bobby Orr was also there. Please see Hokydad's quote on his friendship with Bobby Orr. Comedy gold.
                              http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5131601
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I don't think Ralph is going to apologize to me. He really has never acknowledged the contribution that I have made to this thread. It's really unfortunate because I look up to Ralph like a great, great, great grandfather figure. I've stopped seeking his approval.
                                I apologize to you, Hokydad, Gary Bettman, and Wayne Gretzky.

Edit: and Bobby Orr.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X