X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    When I was doing a year of psychiatry residency, one of the tests performed routinely to judge whether a patient could concentrate was to ask them to subract serially 13's from 100. What we found mostly was that not only could most normal patients not do it, but most psychiatrists could not do it either.
    So is that why you became a cosmetic surgeon?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Is schmutz a technical term?
      I think it has something to do with a putz

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
        My guess is that compensation is generally on the order of $100k-$500k.
        . I am pretty sure that Nate Leaman's salary is below average in the ECAC. I don't think any coach in the ECAC makes anything approaching $500K and would guess that the average is about $125-150,000. Union did extend NL's contract for 5 years at the end of last season, but no salary terms were released. What would the guessing be as to SA's salary ?

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
          I think it has something to do with a putz
          No schmutz is roughly equivalent to something like dirt.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            So is that why you became a cosmetic surgeon?
            Not entirely-I liked the hours, dealing with emergencies only rarely, the compensation, and the rewarding feeling of repairing cancer surgeries. Oh, and the nurses were really cute

Comment

My guess is that compensation is generally on the order of $100k-$500k.

Appert's extension was smart as far as keeping him around for this year, but it really isn't going to do much next year and behind. There are basically no repercussions for coaches who leave their contracts early.
              Didn't think the guys in the ECAC went as high as 500,000. I would have guessed the 100,000 to 200,000 range.

Comment

Didn't think the guys in the ECAC went as high as 500,000. I would have guessed the 100,000 to 200,000 range.
                I was going across leagues. I agree that the ECAC is probably limited to about $200k.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                  . I am pretty sure that Nate Leaman's salary is below average in the ECAC. I don't think any coach in the ECAC makes anything approaching $500K and would guess that the average is about $125-150,000. Union did extend NL's contract for 5 years at the end of last season, but no salary terms were released. What would the guessing be as to SA's salary ?
                  FWIW, these are the average salaries of the WCHA guys which was posted on one of the MTU threads a few days ago. I think your guess on the ECAC coaching salaries is pretty close.

Dean Blais $250,000.00
                  Don Lucia $241,412.58
                  Mike Eaves $236,005.00
                  Dave Hakstol $210,000.00
                  George Gwozdecky $190,000.00
                  Bob Motzko $174,135.98
                  Scott Owens $167,000.00
                  Troy Jutting $159,529.86
                  Scott Sandelin $150,240.63
                  Tom Serratore $131,765.64
                  Jamie Russell $121,178.00
                  Dave Shyiak $110,000.00

Comment

I read someplace that the head coach of the Cornell aquatic team makes 150k. Can't we look that up because it is a public university. Certainly SA is worth 150k.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      I'd bet that Appert and Shafer both make something above that range. I'd bet somewhere approaching $200k.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 17 April 2011. There are 167 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not entirely-I liked the hours, dealing with emergencies only rarely, the compensation, and the rewarding feeling of repairing cancer surgeries. Oh, and the nurses were really cute
                          Doc - you were the original star of "Nip and Tuck"...
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                            FWIW, these are the average salaries of the WCHA guys which was posted on one of the MTU threads a few days ago. I think your guess on the ECAC coaching salaries is pretty close.

Dean Blais $250,000.00
                            Don Lucia $241,412.58
                            Mike Eaves $236,005.00
                            Dave Hakstol $210,000.00
                            George Gwozdecky $190,000.00
                            Bob Motzko $174,135.98
                            Scott Owens $167,000.00
                            Troy Jutting $159,529.86
                            Scott Sandelin $150,240.63
                            Tom Serratore $131,765.64
                            Jamie Russell $121,178.00
                            Dave Shyiak $110,000.00
                            I think you're spot on Red. Also, the "HC Compensation" thread mentioned Toots Cahoon making in the vicinity of $225k at UMass. Keep in mind that coaches get to pocket $$ from equipment companies for outfitting their teams in branded gear, from clinic/camp coaching, as well as use of a free car or two, and the comp. pkg. is easily 20% higher.
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-17-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

What exactly is the problem that you have with talking about lines for next year? Nobody is asking SA to lock in his lines for the opening game of the season. There is no harm in chatting about potential combos.
                              No problem at all. You are right. Spend (waste) your time how you like. I just thought it would make more sense to wait to see who the actual players will be. If you are going to talk about guys that might possibley be in the mix, you may as well throw in Josh Jooris. He might decide he hates Union (he doesn't) and transfer to RPI.

Comment

So, UNH is spreading a rumor that they will have a game with us. Assuming all of the other already scheduled games will remain as they are, if this UNH game were to take place, which would you cut: Bentley or Union NC?

Personally I would cut Union NC because we already play them twice in a year. On top of this, we had traditionally used it as a "tune up" for league play. Given our schedule, it'd have to be during the Notre Dame week or in December (I KNOW Union won't want that because the students are on break). I realize that it could help our SoS and down the road be very important if it were a win or tie (obviously this was the case this past year) should we scrap Bentley, but that's just my thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X