X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It's hard to believe that he will leave this summer, so two years is just about guaranteed. I think that he will indeed stay at least three years.
    That's my best guess also but of course depends on who drafts him and in what round.
    Last edited by DrDemento; 04-12-2011, 01:20 PM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Courtesy of my friend Ken Schott. Seth's contract made official. Ken likes to email these stories to give me exclusive on RPI news. That's what friends do.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...made-official/
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        That's my best guess also but of course depends on who drafts him and in what round.
        I have written a few times that I thought that he would be our highest ever drafted defenseman. The record is currently held by Cam Brauer who was drafted #82 in the 4th round in 1988 (one position after Joe Juneau). That's still possible, but I don't think that he will beat #82. Fourth round is possible.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-12-2011, 03:51 PM. Reason: fixed year that Brauer was drafted
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Courtesy of my friend Ken Schott. Seth's contract made official. Ken likes to email these stories to give me exclusive on RPI news. That's what friends do.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...made-official/
          While some of us just stalk him on Facebook.

Comment

I have written a few times that I thought that he would be our highest ever drafted defenseman. The record is currently held by Cam Brauer who was drafted #82 in the 4th round in 1982 (one position after Joe Juneau). That's still possible, but I don't think that he will beat #82. Fourth round is possible.
            Agree-he may not beat #82 but I do think there is a good chance of a 4th round pick.
            Last edited by DrDemento; 04-13-2011, 07:06 AM.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Agre-he may not beat #82 but I do think there is a good chance of a 4th round pick.
              Pirri shocked us last year by going in the 2nd round, when we thought he was a 4th-6th rounder.

Then again, D'Amigo was sure to be a 2nd rounder (or perhaps, who knows, even 1st round pick) and stayed on the board until the 6th.

Given PK's size, I'd say he's more likely to go higher than we think rather than lower, but who knows. I'll go on the record and suggest he'll give Brauer a run for his money and go in the late 3rd (but ultimately later than #82).

Comment

It's hard to believe that he will leave this summer, so two years is just about guaranteed. I think that he will indeed stay at least three years.
                I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Koudys stays all four years. The education piece of his college experience I know was very important to him and his parents, and this factored heavily in his decision to attend RPI (he was his high school's valedictorian).
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                  I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Koudys stays all four years. The education piece of his college experience I know was very important to him and his parents, and this factored heavily in his decision to attend RPI (he was his high school's valedictorian).
                  He is also a Civil Engineering major, and if I remember correctly, it's been said that we've never had an engineering major leave early. I sincerely hope he'll stay all four years.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

As an attempt to stir things up as we head toward the true dog days, I'll throw out my (highly subjective) personal guess as to line combos in our first meaningful game next season:

Lee-Higgs-Neal
                    Haggerty-Malchuk-Rabbani
                    O'Grady-Laliberte-AAG
                    Burgdoerfer-Rogic-Cullen

Bailen-Leonard
                    Bergin-Dolan
                    Koudys-Leboeuf

Merriam*-??? (Kasdorf?)

scratch: Tinordi, McGowan, Curadi, Bradley

Comment

Today is 13 April 2011. There are 171 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                        As an attempt to stir things up as we head toward the true dog days, I'll throw out my (highly subjective) personal guess as to line combos in our first meaningful game next season:

Lee-Higgs-Neal
                        Haggerty-Malchuk-Rabbani
                        O'Grady-Laliberte-AAG
                        Burgdoerfer-Rogic-Cullen

Bailen-Leonard
                        Bergin-Dolan
                        Koudys-Leboeuf

Merriam*-??? (Kasdorf?)

You've missed Smith and Schroeder. I'd play Schroeder over Burgdoerfer and add Smith to the scratches. As to how that would affect the lines, I'll have to think about it.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You've missed Smith and Schroeder. I'd play Schroeder over Burgdoerfer and add Smith to the scratches. As to how that would affect the lines, I'll have to think about it.
                          I also don't see Haggerty on what appears to be a checking line. He has that responsibility on the U18 team, but I suspect that he will have a more offensive role at RPI.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-13-2011, 06:37 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lee-Higgs-Neal
                            Haggerty-Malchuk-Rabbani
                            O'Grady-Laliberte-AAG
                            Burgdoerfer-Rogic-Cullen

Bailen-Leonard
                            Bergin-Dolan
                            Koudys-Leboeuf

Merriam*-??? (Kasdorf?)

Guy over Luke? Babo, go easy on him....

Comment

Lee-Higgs-Neal
                              Haggerty-Malchuk-Rabbani
                              O'Grady-Laliberte-AAG
                              Burgdoerfer-Rogic-Cullen

Bailen-Leonard
                              Bergin-Dolan
                              Koudys-Leboeuf

Merriam*-??? (Kasdorf?)

Ill give it shot:

Laliberte-Higgs-O'Grady (Team Canada East line)
                              Lee-Schroeder-Haggerty
                              Neal-Rogic-AAG
                              Tinordi-Malchuk-Rabbani

Bailen-Curadi
                              Bergin-Leonard
                              Koudys-Bradley

and a powerplay something like this: Laliberte-Higgs-Haggerty-Schroeder-Bailen
                              Last edited by redhead18; 04-13-2011, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Another little subjective thing: Should we happen to win the UCONN tournament... DO NOT TOUCH THE TROPHY! I actually remember Coach Appert (or maybe it was one of the players) saying back in the 2007-08 season in a joking fashion after winning the Governor's Cup, "We'll try not to make this the highlight of the season." Yes, I'm a superstitious person, bash me all you want, but there has to be some reason for the February (or January) meltdown. I realize there are physical factors that would easily take higher precedence in said argument, but every other team has to deal with the same rigors, so why are we any different?
                                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-13-2011, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X