• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Congrats on ruining four.
    C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
    (this interjection brought to you by other, less civil parts of the internet)
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I guess redhead18 only posted on the recruit thread. Pat Koudys is rated #76 among North Aerican forwards and defensemne in the CSB final rakings. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=68892

My recollection (which may be wrong) is that in the past, the final rankings combined the lists.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I guess redhead18 only posted on the recruit thread. Pat Koudys is rated #76 among North Aerican forwards and defensemne in the CSB final rakings. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=68892

My recollection (which may be wrong) is that in the past, the final rankings combined the lists.
        Great news for Paddy - means he has a chance of going as high as the second round and shouldn't drop below the fourth or fifth.

As far as RPI's short-term success is concerned, I think we want him to get drafted, but as late as possible (so that there won't be a bidding war for his services, but the drafting team also won't feel pressure to move him along quickly).

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
          Great news for Paddy - means he has a chance of going as high as the second round and shouldn't drop below the fourth or fifth.

As far as RPI's short-term success is concerned, I think we want him to get drafted, but as late as possible (so that there won't be a bidding war for his services, but the drafting team also won't feel pressure to move him along quickly).
          Congrats to Pat and his family....top 25 D-Man...and only ECAC player....quite the accomplishment...can't wait to see him take a regular shift next year and log PP & PK time...I think we have a special player here...I will stand corrected but I believe this gets him to the Combine where you can quickly move up the list... Good Luck and Go Get'em Pat.
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
            Congrats to Pat and his family....top 25 D-Man...and only ECAC player....quite the accomplishment...can't wait to see him take a regular shift next year and log PP & PK time...I think we have a special player here...I will stand corrected but I believe this gets him to the Combine where you can quickly move up the list... Good Luck and Go Get'em Pat.
            No, it is top 75 NA skaters. http://www.nhl.com/ice/post.htm?id=584
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 12 April 2011. There are 172 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                I want to echo the statements of my erstwhile and handsome brother ( I am actually taller and better looking). Pat is the real deal. PK has all the physical gifts along with great hockey smarts. Go get em Pat!!!!
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post

I respectfully disagree KNS. I want studs like Pat Koudys to come to RPI and be coveted by the show. As you know it attracts more prime time players like Pat and that's how the program gets better.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Nice quote from Pat in this press piece
                    http://www.thespec.com/sports/articl...rican-prospect

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      I respectfully disagree KNS. I want studs like Pat Koudys to come to RPI and be coveted by the show. As you know it attracts more prime time players like Pat and that's how the program gets better.
                      Double edged sword-as Pirri and D'Amigo proved. Draft choices are nice to have NDak had 16 and Michigan 13 on their rosters-but there is an increased pressure to leave early. Normally i would agree and want PK picked in an early round-but we do not have 16 others like NDak. I'd like to see him stay for at least 3 years. Just MHO though
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Double edged sword-as Pirri and D'Amigo proved. Draft choices are nice to have NDak had 16 and Michigan 13 on their rosters-but there is an increased pressure to leave early. Normally i would agree and want PK picked in an early round-but we do not have 16 others like NDak. I'd like to see him stay for at least 3 years. Just MHO though
                        It's hard to believe that he will leave this summer, so two years is just about guaranteed. I think that he will indeed stay at least three years.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          No, it is top 75 NA skaters. http://www.nhl.com/ice/post.htm?id=584
                          good point RB. I also didn't factor in the Euro. players when considering their status'. Don't know when or where the CSS got their info on player's sizes but I agree with Koudys' listing; 6'2.25" and 190lbs. When standing next to PK that does seem more realistic.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            good point RB. I also didn't factor in the Euro. players when considering their status'. Don't know when or where the CSS got their info on player's sizes but I agree with Koudys' listing; 6'2.25" and 190lbs. When standing next to PK that does seem more realistic.
                            They probably weighed and measured him when he was at that camp last year.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              I said short-term success.

Comment

SA's contract has been extended through 2017-18 http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...412111846.aspx. Wasn't it just extended a few weeks ago?

Edit: I guess that this is just the official announcement of http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/...8064837498.txt.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-12-2011, 12:35 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X