This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Regarding the Pep Band and last Saturday's game....since ESPNU aired the game on Sunday tape delay, I diligently set my VCR at the time the listings said the game would start, and went out to run errands, etc. (having watched the first two periods on ESPN3.com the day before I was not eager to view it again right away, , though I did want to save it).

I heard that the Pep Band played the national anthem, and so I started to watch from the beginning of the recording and the programming that I recorded began after the national anthem had already been played.

[grr, redacted comments of frustration! ]

Anyone have a link to YouTube, etc. that shows our Pep Band playing the national anthem?

Thanks!
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

You can watch the entire game here, but they start coverage after the national anthem has been played. There is a shot of Pep Band playing at about 55 minutes in, however.

(Link courtesy of one of Pep Band's managers)

Comment

I don't think anyone recorded us play the anthem, but it's possible one of the alums taped it and I just didn't see.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          I don't think anyone recorded us play the anthem, but it's possible one of the alums taped it and I just didn't see.
          I recorded the game on my computer when it was shown. I just checked, and the anthem was not broadcast.

Interestingly, I turned off the record function after the second period, realizing that I wouldn't want to watch it again, and the computer was sluggish on account of it being taped. The software must have thought that the connection died and found the rebroadcast on Sunday and recorded that also. Now I have 1 2/3 copies of something that I don't care about. Considering that the full version is 8.5 GB, I should get rid of both.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-31-2011, 03:08 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
            Sad clown for you...
            Oh good, you're not dead! Haven't seen ya around in a while

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Did Frattin do something to you personally? If not, why single out Frattin? I understand that you're a troll, but you are really missing out on a whole lot of other opportunities.
              He did - he gave me bad advice about places to visit on a trip to ND when I called the tourism agency in Grand Forks and I ended up in a bad part of town molested by a Canadian

So, you're saying the Hobey Baker committee has a history of nominating athletes with poor character for the Award? Well, color me surprised I guess Frattin' is a shoe-in then.

regarding Gerbe, I guess I just wasn't following as closely the national scene in the past - shrug - but you go right on trying to find irrelevant points to the discussion at hand - the current Hobey nominees. I mean, you're one of the ones saying we should not look at anything prior to the puck drop on this season anyway for this discussion about Frattin.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                This is bull. I have 2 close friends who had DUI convictions in their 20's. Both outstanding gentlemen now. 20 year olds don't always make great decisions. One mistake does not a bad person make. Kids drink beer and sometimes they make bad decisions. I'm willing to bet the percentage of people who ever operated a car at .12 at some point in their lives is at least 1 in 10 and probably much higher. Let the kid live his life.

great post jmhusker...
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I recorded the game on the comp, so I have the anthem
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    I don’t know if Ralph posted this before but I have not seen this article on Pat Koudys.

http://www.therecord.com/sports/arti...imb-the-ladder

This talks about Pat’s maturity and mental acumen. Talks about his old man’s hockey career too. Didn’t know he was quite the player in his own right. Maybe haven't had the caliber of this kid on blue line since Kenny Hammond was here in Troy.
                    Randy was sandwiched in between Larry Landon and Marty Dallman, and did a great job in the pivot on those teams, a couple of which didn't have the greatest talent...
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                      Oh good, you're not dead! Haven't seen ya around in a while
                      Nope, not dead yet.
                      RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                      UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                        Randy was sandwiched in between Larry Landon and Marty Dallman, and did a great job in the pivot on those teams, a couple of which didn't have the greatest talent...
                        Randy isn't Pat's father, although he certainly was a very good player in the early 1980s. Pat's father is named Jim, and he is a cousin of Randy. Two of Randy's sons did however play at UAH and Bentley this year.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          I recorded the game on the comp, so I have the anthem
                          Did the cable broadcast in the CD show more than the DirecTV broadcast?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
                            Please stop. I'd much rather drink the Appert-Koolaid, than the bile that you spew on a regular basis on these forums. Yes, the last two seasons have ended on the downswing. From my vantage point, though, each season since Appert started has been better than the last. We are winning recruiting battles, bringing in top flight players, and, last I checked, we just played in our first NCAA tournament since 1995 and spent a good portion of the year nationally ranked. The end of season downswings are bumps in the road, nothing else.
                            I am a realist

Comment

I'm a Realeist.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Today is 1 April 2011. There are 183 days (6 months) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X