X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    York has been assigned to Springfield. The Falcons have only six games remaining in the regular season and have no chance of making the Calder Cup playoffs. Their last game will be April 10.

It doesn't seem impossible that York could return to campus after April 10, having missed only two weeks of classes, and finish the semester. Whether he actually would do it or not depends on how academically oriented he is, I suppose.
    My gut feeling is that he will complete this year of classes. He may have even made some arrangements to keep up with his work when gone.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 30 March 2011. There are 185 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver on York leaving http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.

In case anyoine thought that we would go with just Merriam and Coupal
        Appert again stated that the Engineers will bring in a recruited goalie for the 2011-12 season but also reaffirmed his faith in junior-to-be Bryce Merriam. "I have a lot of belief in Bryce,"
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Ed Weaver on York leaving http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.

In case anyoine thought that we would go with just Merriam and Coupal
          I still firmly believe Kasdorf is the man to replace York next season. Its going to make for some great competetion between the pipes to start the year off. I see SA rotating Merriam and Kasdorf to start the year and see which one emerges as the starter.

Ive heard Kasdorf might turn out to be as good if not better then York, so I wont be surprised if he gets drafted in June, especially the deeper he brings his team into the playoffs.

Comment

Can't say we're sorry to see York go, but Mirriam is more than ready to step into his shoes. While we apparently solved him in the playoffs, his body of work at RPI speaks for itself. Hope he finishes up his academic requirements now that Springfield is out of it.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
              Can't say we're sorry to see York go, but Mirriam is more than ready to step into his shoes. While we apparently solved him in the playoffs, his body of work at RPI speaks for itself. Hope he finishes up his academic requirements now that Springfield is out of it.
              Wouldn"t be surprised to see a breif NHL call up for Yorkie because Columbus is dead in the water also.
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                Wouldn"t be surprised to see a breif NHL call up for Yorkie because Columbus is dead in the water also.
                Given that Springfield is already out, I think it's more likely to see one of the Springfield goalies get called up to Columbus and then York get the nod for one of the Springfield games. I'm sure that GLM would have some insight to this, given that he is our professional guru.

On the RPI end, I fully agree with redhead that Kasdorf is coming in. Obviously we listed him as 2012 because that is when we knew that one of the goaltenders (York) would be graduating. Obviously there may be some concern with having such a young goalie, but he'll be just fine. Plus, Merriam will give him a good run for his money. I sincerely hope that Coach will have a difficult time making up his mind as to who should get the start.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Given that Springfield is already out, I think it's more likely to see one of the Springfield goalies get called up to Columbus and then York get the nod for one of the Springfield games. I'm sure that GLM would have some insight to this, given that he is our professional guru.

On the RPI end, I fully agree with redhead that Kasdorf is coming in. Obviously we listed him as 2012 because that is when we knew that one of the goaltenders (York) would be graduating. Obviously there may be some concern with having such a young goalie, but he'll be just fine. Plus, Merriam will give him a good run for his money. I sincerely hope that Coach will have a difficult time making up his mind as to who should get the start.
                  I agree that a Springfield goalie is more likely to be called up.

I just want to add that I listed Kasdorf on the recruit thread as 2012 because that is how Heisenberg lists him. Of course, that agreed with our thoughts until yesterday. Next year, I may just group all of the recruits in a single list and list the expected year in a column. We have had several recruits change year recently, Curadi, Quinn, Koudys, Laliberte (twice), ...
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just want to add that I listed Kasdorf on the recruit thread as 2012 because that is how Heisenberg lists him. Of course, that agreed with our thoughts until yesterday. Next year, I may just group all of the recruits in a single list and list the expected year in a column. We have had several recruits change year recently, Curadi, Quinn, Koudys, Laliberte (twice), ...
                    I think that's the best idea, given that we have a grouping for 2011, a grouping for 2012, and then a grouping for 2011 or 2012. By the way, I assume that the recruits will be moving over here once part 4 is done?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I think that's the best idea, given that we have a grouping for 2011, a grouping for 2012, and then a grouping for 2011 or 2012. By the way, I assume that the recruits will be moving over here once part 4 is done?
                      IMHO, there is no problem about talking about recruits on this thread at any time. I'll keep giving info in the separate thread on the recruits until they show up on campus and/or next season's junior leagues start.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wait a minute-Ralph breaking a tradition and making a change in his posting? Retirement is taking it's toll.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

If SA is successful in bringing in a second goalie for next year, and Kasdorf sems like the likely candidate-then I for one feel we will be no worse off than if York had stayed. We will still have top notch depth at goal and the competition between a junior and and a freshman would be just fine with me. Besides i like having our scholarship goalies 2 years apart instead of just 1 year apart as they would have been with York and Merriam. Now let's see if SA can work his magic and get us into the fray for the Domi kid.
                          Last edited by DrDemento; 03-30-2011, 01:31 PM.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I hope that like Union Kindaid in his freshman year and Milan a junior at the time both played great.
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Article on Joel Malchuk
                              http://www.brandonsun.com/sports/loc...644.html?thx=y
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I was going to make this suggestion but thought RB would shoot me down.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X