X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    God bless Allen. Much credit has been given to Chase for reviving the program but Allen is due much credit also. He was “unconscious” this year at times (BU, US Junior game). I believe he was hurt most of the second half. His back after US Junior game and Noggin after Q game.

Allen was critical in bringing the program back. For that Allen, God bless and Good luck.

This signing might also have a cascade effect where Kincaid may leave Union. I think they leave in bunches. Kinda of a peer pressure thing.

Thanks again Allen.
    I wonder if a certain blog is calling this a victory for Union...

One thing to note, compared to our other jumpers, is that Allen really improved throughout his three years here. Freshman year, though he was a back-up, he didn't have all that many strong games. One I specifically remember was the 7-1 game against Miami, and also would scare the jeepers out of me whenever he came out of the net (Colgate game in Hamilton comes to mind). Then he started developing into a goalie that would play out of his mind and do something absolutely special. I certainly expect that he will do great things in the professional ranks.

Comment

F Dude I am not talking to you for blowing us off at the RR
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I wonder if a certain blog is calling this a victory for Union...
        Only if Kinkaid doesn't leave early.

Given the rumors about Union's goalie, were there the same for York? I admittedly didn't hear of anything related to York signing early, but I'm wondering if this was at all unexpected.
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=557539
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Well, now it's official. That was fast, it seems we just learned that he might not stay for his senior year. Congratulations and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post

Given the rumors about Union's goalie, were there the same for York? I admittedly didn't hear of anything related to York signing early, but I'm wondering if this was at all unexpected.
              Given his play ability and the fact that he's a draft pick, the writing was always on the wall. Since Kinkaid is a free agent, I don't know if him leaving will happen.

Comment

All the best to Allan York. Make us proud.
                Any indication on a possible signing in Polacek's future?
                Also, I would expect to start to hear about Helfrich and Foss and maybe even Kennedy signing pro contracts.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  All the best to Allan York. Make us proud.
                  Any indication on a possible signing in Polacek's future?
                  Also, I would expect to start to hear about Helfrich and Foss and maybe even Kennedy signing pro contracts.
                  I expect Foss and Kennedy will be finishing their degrees first, especially given they are both there for engineering. One of the thoughts that one of my friends had was, if he plans on going to grad school, I wonder what the possibility would be of Kennedy becoming a volunteer assistant coach, similar to what Kevin Broad did last year? I don't know the rules regarding how many volunteer assistants you are allowed to have, but I wonder if it's a possibility...

Comment

Hi all, got back from Green Bay alright. Had to land twice in Albany though due to a change in winds blowing the plane off course. Anyway, sorry to hear that Allan signed, Bryce Merriam is a more than capable stater, IMHO, now he gets a chance to prove what he was recruited for. Maybe expect Kasdorf to come this year instead of next, and for Seth to maybe get another goalie to come in two years.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

RPI Athletics' release: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...329115105.aspx

Comment

That wasn't unexpected. Good luck to Allen. Now we need a New York.

My guess is that Kasdorf will come a year early.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post

I suspect that is going also. He probably has multiple offers that he has to deal with, so it will take longer.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            That wasn't unexpected. Good luck to Allen. Now we need a New York.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            My guess is that Kasdorf will come a year early.
                            I could see this as a possibility, even though you want to give your goaltenders plenty of time to develop. Koudys is the same age, nae?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

I could see this as a possibility, even though you want to give your goaltenders plenty of time to develop. Koudys is the same age, nae?
                              Kasdorf 5/18/92, Koudys 11/15/92. So Koudys is a half year younger.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

may I make a suggestion regarding using players names in thread titles....LET'S NOT too bad both Albany & Adk. have no more home games vs Springfield although Albany does play @ Springfield Fri. 4/8/11 7:30pm
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X