X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Puppa
    Are you sure? I just dug up the 1984-85 RPI Hockey Yearbook (i.e., media guide) and it states that he was a management major.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Yeah, I'm going to drive 2.5 hours each way to sit in a bar... I was in my apartment listening to the game.
      We missed you Dude, that's all. No need to go all fishcore on me.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
        In honor of our esteemed colleague Red Cloud may I say "Bed Wetter"
        There's a fine line between wetting the bed and doing something that isn't sensible. The poster you imitate realizes this, I am sure.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to drive 2.5 hours each way to sit in a bar... I was in my apartment listening to the game.
          I've driven farther for more trivial things. I guess you're just not hardcore.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            We missed you Dude, that's all. No need to go all fishcore on me.
            Oh well, there's always some other time. We could always meet up at the State Fair if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              I've driven farther for more trivial things. I guess you're just not hardcore.
              For many years Jen and I drove 215 miles each way to have dinner at Verdile's or the Plum Blossom-then dessert at Bella Napoli-then take in the RPI hockey game-then either stay in Troy overnight(with a stop for drinks somewhere first-darn I miss Casey's) or drive back here to south NJ and arrive home at 2AM. We don't think a 2+ hour trip to see our boys play is any sort of task. We are hoping that we can restart these trips next season or the following year. Somehow the winter doesn't seem normal without a few RPI games. BTW in a couple years I think the Frozen Four is in Philadelphia and you can bet we will be there since i think we have a good shot at seeing the Cherry and White there. I sure wish they would hold the regionals in Albany though.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                For many years Jen and I drove 215 miles each way to have dinner at Verdile's or the Plum Blossom-then dessert at Bella Napoli-then take in the RPI hockey game-then either stay in Troy overnight(with a stop for drinks somewhere first-darn I miss Casey's) or drive back here to south NJ and arrive home at 2AM. We don't think a 2+ hour trip to see our boys play is any sort of task. We are hoping that we can restart these trips next season or the following year. Somehow the winter doesn't seem normal without a few RPI games. BTW in a couple years I think the Frozen Four is in Philadelphia and you can bet we will be there since i think we have a good shot at seeing the Cherry and White there. I sure wish they would hold the regionals in Albany though.
                I suppose, for me, there is a difference between driving a long distance to see people play live vs. driving a long distance to watch people play on a television set.

Comment

Oh well, there's always some other time. We could always meet up at the State Fair if you want.
                  Awesome. As the Fair gets closer we'll figure out logistics.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

thanks AD,tb & Doc, but I don't fit in your shadows....You are the MAN...eh, men....proper grammar don't ya know
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Aaron Portzline, Columbus Dispatch:

Sources tell Dispatch G Allen York, who just finished season @ RPI, is expected to sign contract w #CBJ today. Sixth rd pick (158) in '07.
                      He is hosting a chat at noon: http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...cketschat.html
                      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post

He is hosting a chat at noon: http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/...cketschat.html
                        as I'm reading this, Elton John's " Goodbye Yellowbrick Road" is playing on the radio
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          as I'm reading this, Elton John's " Goodbye Yellowbrick Road" is playing on the radio
                          Now you're making me want to listen to the Eurobeat version by Wain L...

At least on the bright side, we'll have a couple months to find another goaltender...

Comment

God bless Allen. Much credit has been given to Chase for reviving the program but Allen is due much credit also. He was “unconscious” this year at times (BU, US Junior game). I believe he was hurt most of the second half. His back after US Junior game and Noggin after Q game.

Allen was critical in bringing the program back. For that Allen, God bless and Good luck.

This signing might also have a cascade effect where Kincaid may leave Union. I think they leave in bunches. Kinda of a peer pressure thing.

Thanks again Allen.

Comment

Good luck to Allen York...he was fun to watch at RPI and I look forward to seeing him on the big screen in the 'Big Show'...

Comment

I can't stand it....losing Polacek and York in the same season...

Well, congratulations to Allen. We've had a great three years with him, and watching him stand on his head continuously this season was tremendous fun. Best of luck to him! I can't wait to see him as a pro!

Comment

Working...
                                X