X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    why...are you insuiating that I could not make it in an ivy league school. I'll have you know that I went to Harvard on the Hudson
    I am not insinuating anything regarding your education.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      ...in defense of Ed Weaver's, "proof-reading" skills; that's me with hands over face in picture...if you click to enlarge you'll see my name as "Dave"....I even spelled it for the guy! B..O..B http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory It was alot of fun, despite the outcome, and I'ld like to thank all who were responsible for putting it together...Thanks
      One of my favorite things to do at RPI games is to get there early with my son and talk to Turk. By far Turk is the biggest RPI fan I know, he bleeds Cherry and White. TB and I met him at RR and Turk had printed out game notes (70 pages) for fans, copies of New England Hockey Journal w/ article about Chase. Turk plain and simple is the man. Great fan, great guy. Thanks for evrything on Sat. Turk. I know we will fulfill our dream of going to frozen four to watch our Engineers soon. Thanks again Bob!!!
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I am not insinuating anything regarding your education.
        Dude, where were you Sat? I thought you would be at RR.
        Last edited by AspyDad; 03-28-2011, 07:00 PM.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          And Neal is too old?
          Originally posted by knsmith View Post
          This is Neal's last year of eligibility.
          Yes.

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          If I have it written down correctly, draft eligibility dates are; 1/1/91---9/15/93. Matt Neal's DOB; 11/22/91....which makes him eligible, no?
          Exactly. Didn't I say that all of our recruits except Laliberte and McGowan who are too old and Melanson who is too young are eligible? Not sure about Wood since all I have seen is that he was born in 1993.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brock Higgs was listed as a C player on the last central scouting list I saw. Don't think he will get drafted... would love if he did. He is a very nice player.

Here it is
            http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3/cs/content.nsf/0/F79324D882C9D320852577DD00567814/$FILE/NCAA%20PlayersTo%20Watch%20-%20Fall%202010.pdf
            He was not on the midyear list which is newer.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One of my favorite things to do at RPI games is to get there early with my son and talk to Turk. By far Turk is the biggest RPI fan I know, he bleeds Cherry and White. TB and I met him at RR and Turk had printed out game notes (70 pages) for fans, copies of New England Hockey Journal w/ article about Chase. Turk plain and simple is the man. Great fan, great guy. Thanks for evrything on Sat. Turk. I know we will fulfill our dream of going to frozen four to watch our Engineers soon. Thanks again Bob!!!
              Turk is absolutley "THE MAN" a true gentleman !
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just got back into town from Greenbay. Here is a quick recap of my experiences and I will try to use great grammar for you all. Greenbay is a city not much bigger than Albany. It is very flat, not many big buildings, great people, great beer, and great food. Took the tour of Lambeau field, it was incredible. OK back to hockey. Was hoping to see a few more RPI fans there but understand the long distance travel, hotel, rental cars etc. Had a great talk with our AD and the assistand ad. Had a good talk with all the players, parents, and coaches after the tough loss. It was great to see the band make it. Only WM AND RPI had bands there. North Dakota has 16 nhl draft picks on there team. Almost all of there players are TOURISM majors. Rabbani's hit was great. We played them evenly in the 1st period. I think there first 2 goals were lucky..quote unquote. I was just happy to see them back in the NCAA. UND might be the best team in years and I think they will win the title. Good luck to all the seniors. Atlantic City or BUST next year. GO RED GO WHITE
                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                  Turk is absolutley "THE MAN" a true gentleman !
                  Jenny and I met him in Princeton this year and he is indeed one of the top fans. We had quite a nice group there with EHF and Waite and GRussinko. Loved meeting all the guys and even better-we won the game.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                    Just got back into town from Greenbay. Here is a quick recap of my experiences and I will try to use great grammar for you all. Greenbay is a city not much bigger than Albany. It is very flat, not many big buildings, great people, great beer, and great food. Took the tour of Lambeau field, it was incredible. OK back to hockey. Was hoping to see a few more RPI fans there but understand the long distance travel, hotel, rental cars etc. Had a great talk with our AD and the assistand ad. Had a good talk with all the players, parents, and coaches after the tough loss. It was great to see the band make it. Only WM AND RPI had bands there. North Dakota has 16 nhl draft picks on there team. Almost all of there players are TOURISM majors. Rabbani's hit was great. We played them evenly in the 1st period. I think there first 2 goals were lucky..quote unquote. I was just happy to see them back in the NCAA. UND might be the best team in years and I think they will win the title. Good luck to all the seniors. Atlantic City or BUST next year. GO RED GO WHITE
                    Are you honestly ripping on some of the Sioux players major when you can't even master English grammar? "There" indicates a place as in, "I live here not there." It is the opposite of "here." "Their" is the possessive of "they", as in "They live there but is isn't their house."

Anyway, congrats to RPI for making the tournament and here's to UND bringing home the 8th NCAA title!

Comment

Dude, where were you Sat? I thought you would be at RR.
                      Yeah, I'm going to drive 2.5 hours each way to sit in a bar... I was in my apartment listening to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingdaunte View Post
                        Are you honestly ripping on some of the Sioux players major when you can't even master English grammar? "There" indicates a place as in, "I live here not there." It is the opposite of "here." "Their" is the possessive of "they", as in "They live there but is isn't their house."

Anyway, congrats to RPI for making the tournament and here's to UND bringing home the 8th NCAA title!
                        You'll have to forgive rvd5star69. He's..... special. Good luck to your team in the Frozen Four (assuming you are a UND fan). For the record, "players" within "Sioux players major" should be possessive. If you wish to insult a poster's grammar usage, please be so kind as to use appropriate grammar.
                        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-28-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Yeah, I'm going to drive 2.5 hours each way to sit in a bar... I was in my apartment listening to the game.
                          In honor of our esteemed colleague Red Cloud may I say "Bed Wetter"
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Today is 29 March 2011. There are 186 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Season recap by Ed Weaver in the Record http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I agree, but I highly doubt that we have to be concerned about him leaving this summer. If he is drafted high and has a great year next season, it could be a concern. I think that the fact that he is an engineering major also makes it more likely that he will stay. I don't think we have ever had an engineering major leave early.
                                Puppa

Comment

Working...
                                X