This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

A few years ago, who would have thought that we'd be spending our summers soiling ourselves about who could leave early?

I don't think that Nick Bailen would leave early unless he has another impressive season like this past one. Higgs I don't know.

Aside from Koudys, are any of the current RPI players draft eligible?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Agreed-also watch and see if and what round Koudys gets drafted. If he goes early there could be a lot of incentive for him not to stay 4 years.
      I agree, but I highly doubt that we have to be concerned about him leaving this summer. If he is drafted high and has a great year next season, it could be a concern. I think that the fact that he is an engineering major also makes it more likely that he will stay. I don't think we have ever had an engineering major leave early.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Higgs
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Higgs
          OK. Amending what I had said before, Higgs I don't think will leave unless he happens to get drafted and then has an amazing sophomore season. Cullen (mentioned by someone else) I don't see leaving, as he really hasn't been the same since his "sophomore slump".

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I wondered the same thing for the other returners/youngsters...Koudys, Tinordi, Merriam. I would have had them out there to start the 3rd. If I have one knock on Seth, its that he snubbed Koudys, LeBouef & Tinordi..all of whom, IMO, could have helped us in the Gate series and yesterday. Bailen and Foss looked like their legs were going to fall off in the 3rd yesterday...just as they did in game 3 vs. Gate. I trust our skipper, but I don't have to agree with him all the time.

My deepest thanks, respect and appreciation to our SENIORS !!! You will be missed but always remembered ! GO RED !
            I know what you mean by wanting to have the young guys out there for the experience. And I agree. I'm pretty sure though, that Seth would make the plan known to all. They usually sit down with the guys collectively or individually and explain how they're going to be used, if at all. When they're NOT going to be part of the plan and have been previously, it IS explained. Seth is the penultimate communicator. He would never leave a player wondering what is going on...but I DO agree that he could have put them in more when the game was out of reach.

Comment

I agree, but I highly doubt that we have to be concerned about him leaving this summer. If he is drafted high and has a great year next season, it could be a concern. I think that the fact that he is an engineering major also makes it more likely that he will stay. I don't think we have ever had an engineering major leave early.
              I was not indicating leaving this summer under any draft circumstance-just mentioning that if he was drafted early the chances of staying all 4 years might be diminished. It was always very rare for a freshman to be that highly thought of by the NHL that he would be tempted to leave early-a few notables have done it. But with players now coming into the NCAA at age 21-it could be more likely. Koudys of course is far younger and not in that category.
              Last edited by DrDemento; 03-28-2011, 01:56 PM.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                Americans love giving second chances to sports figures so I dont see why people are making such a big deal about Frattin. Its not like he killed a bunch of dogs or a human and then was allowed to play again. Besides how many Hobey Baker winners have made huge impacts in the NHL? That is not a knock on any former winners it is an actual question.
                My issue with it is that the players who exhibit strength in all categories are diminished in importance if the guy without one or two categories gets the nod. So Frattin can go through his fun and games, get back on track and beat out the guys who do the hard work and keep their noses clean...

If you establish criteria, stick to them.
                Last edited by babo; 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

The B.R.O. is but it won't happen...

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    I had 3 this morning!
                    Yeah, I'm getting pop-behind windows, too. Pretty nice writeup about the viewing party on Saturday at the Recovery Sports Grill in Troy: http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory

Comment

...in defense of Ed Weaver's, "proof-reading" skills; that's me with hands over face in picture...if you click to enlarge you'll see my name as "Dave"....I even spelled it for the guy! B..O..B http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory It was alot of fun, despite the outcome, and I'ld like to thank all who were responsible for putting it together...Thanks
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        ...in defense of Ed Weaver's, "proof-reading" skills; that's me with hands over face in picture...if you click to enlarge you'll see my name as "Dave"....I even spelled it for the guy! B..O..B http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory It was alot of fun, despite the outcome, and I'ld like to thank all who were responsible for putting it together...Thanks
                        Epic facepalm?

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                          The B.R.O. is but it won't happen...
                          How did I miss all year that a player 6'5" or taller was on the team?

I'll add that besides for McGowan and Laliberte who are too old and Melanson who is too young, all of our recruits are eligible with the possible exception of Wood whose exact birth date is not known to me.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                            Yeah, I'm getting pop-behind windows, too. Pretty nice writeup about the viewing party on Saturday at the Recovery Sports Grill in Troy: http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
                            Thanks to you and turk181. I guess that I don't have a virus causing it. I also get those pop-behind windows. I'll live with this stuff if the alternative is it being a pay site like the Gazette.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Bottom line - the only guy getting drafted is Pat Koudys.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

How did I miss all year that a player 6'5" or taller was on the team?
                                Because Guy didn't play all that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X