This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Today is 28 March 2011. There are 187 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So, for the 6 of us that joined the EngineerFaithful group within the College Hockey Pick 'Em on USCHO's front page...

Go us!! We're so awesome that not a single one of us correctly picked a Frozen Four team.

I "won" by getting 5 of the 8 first-round games correct.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        So, for the 6 of us that joined the EngineerFaithful group within the College Hockey Pick 'Em on USCHO's front page...

Go us!! We're so awesome that not a single one of us correctly picked a Frozen Four team.

I "won" by getting 5 of the 8 first-round games correct.
        Hopefully, none of you picked Union.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

While I was away this weekend and not able to post. I was able to watch the games.
          I just want to say that I am glad that we lost to a superior team, and not to the referees.
          What I learned this year is that we (ECAC) do not have the worst referees in college hockey. They are all equally as bad.
          I am glad that I am not a Yale fan or worse, Nebraska Omaha.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            That's not a Big Red One.
            But just imagine what Luke would look like when compared to that tiny number. He would look even more huge. I certaily would not want to hit something like that!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              While I was away this weekend and not able to post. I was able to watch the games.
              I just want to say that I am glad that we lost to a superior team, and not to the referees.
              What I learned this year is that we (ECAC) do not have the worst referees in college hockey. They are all equally as bad.
              I am glad that I am not a Yale fan or worse, Nebraska Omaha.
              The Yale call on O'Neill was horrible. The goal call against NO was just not done with enough evidence to make it an obvious way to overturn a call on the ice. ECAC refs are terrible-but so are these others. We just drew the best and hottest team i the nation-I am sure we would have fared better against just about anyone else. North Dakota just looked awesome (kind of like another team on a roll in 1985)
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                My best guess is that York is gone !!!
                Just curious, any possibility of Bergin or maybe Cullen leaving early? Bergin is a Dallas draft choice and Cullen was at Capitals prospect camp last summer.

Comment

Any word on if York is planning on attending any weddings this summer? We all know what happened last time a RPI player went to a wedding during the summer.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                    Just curious, any possibility of Bergin or maybe Cullen leaving early? Bergin is a Dallas draft choice and Cullen was at Capitals prospect camp last summer.
                    There are always possibilities, but I doubt it in both cases. A year from now, when Bergin is ready to enter the year that he got by redshirting, it seems more likely.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                      Just some opinions for Coach Appert who I really like esp as a recruiter. Roll four lines and three sets of d at least thru half the game. The d did look tired esp seniors and Bailen and they were the ones getting beat. Nothing to lose by playing the freshmen and the experience would have benefitted them. Chase looked tired in some games maybe this would have helped I know the flu didn't. Play Burgdoerfer big good skater good shot puck handler. this is the type size of winger looking to recruit. Had more points than Rogic Halpern Tinordi Smith in limited play. BTW does York have some kind of offer on the table to go pro? I thought Columbus liked his development and wanted it to continue. JMO
                      SA doesn't get it out of the ground....watching UMD/Denver last night it seemed Zucker,Salazar,Ostrow and the Shore brothers played about the whole game.
                      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

An interesting article by Ed Weaver on York's decison http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          An interesting article by Ed Weaver on York's decison http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                          Good job by Eddy. Honestly, I've come to terms with the likelihood of York jumping. Several things distinguish this from the Pirri/D'Amigo situation: (1) he is talking to Appert about it and making a decision early, when we can manage the situation; (2) there is a real economic incentive to go - Columbus needs to throw money at him to lure him out early, whereas next year they are his only option; (3) it seems there is some real analysis by both York and the organization about where he will get the most and best development opportunities.

NONE of these things were true with JDA and BP last year. If Allen goes, I thank him for three years of hard work and wish him the best. Very soon thereafter, I will start building excitement over the prospect of guys like Keeney, Altschuller, and who-know-who-else we might be able to land with the prospect of immediate playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                            Good job by Eddy. Honestly, I've come to terms with the likelihood of York jumping. Several things distinguish this from the Pirri/D'Amigo situation: (1) he is talking to Appert about it and making a decision early, when we can manage the situation; (2) there is a real economic incentive to go - Columbus needs to throw money at him to lure him out early, whereas next year they are his only option; (3) it seems there is some real analysis by both York and the organization about where he will get the most and best development opportunities.

NONE of these things were true with JDA and BP last year. If Allen goes, I thank him for three years of hard work and wish him the best. Very soon thereafter, I will start building excitement over the prospect of guys like Keeney, Altschuller, and who-know-who-else we might be able to land with the prospect of immediate playing time.
                            I remember reading that JD'A did keep SA informed although BP didn't. Indeed both decisions were indeed quite late.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                              SA doesn't get it out of the ground....watching UMD/Denver last night it seemed Zucker,Salazar,Ostrow and the Shore brothers played about the whole game.
                              This is not a slight on Noth Dakota in any way just a little insight on how you get so many Draft picks on 1 team...the ques.has been asked...so i just quickley went and looked at there roster and what certain the players majors were...this should clear a few things up:

Matt Fratten
                              Ben Blood
                              Aaron Dell
                              Evan Trupp
                              All Major in Recreational & Tourism Studies

Kristo
                              Brad Malone
                              Mario Lamoureux
                              Brett Hextall
                              All major in Entrepreneurship

Forbert's major is undecided (I'm guessing he doesn't decide engineering)
                              Gregoire majors in investment (No idea what that could be)
                              Genoway majors in management (doesn't say what kind/but my guess is Hockey Rink mgm't)

Like I said I'm not passing judgement just passing on some insight as to why they have so many good players IMO.
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Have others noticed that recently a lot of files seem to be opened when reading Troy Record articles?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X