• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Oh goodie, new point of speculation. Frankly, you may not know how to write in proper sentences, but you usually aren't wrong with the information you put up here.

I'll put in the first guess: Malchuk and AAG for co-captains, with A's being Rabbani and O'Grady (big long shot, I know).
    I never liked having two captains, but if that is what is going to happen, I believe that one should be a defenseman. Malchuk seems to have the inside track, so I would go with Bailen as the second. AAG and Rabbani would be good choices for assistants. JMO

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It's all guesses, but I agree with the two captains and Rabbani. I also think that at least one of the A's will be an non-senior, but I will go with Bailen.
    It's too bad that Pat Cullen is still a bit in the shadows. "Just average" his sophomore year, but started to make some strides last year. Hopefully, like Helfrich, he returns to strong form this upcoming year.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Oh goodie, new point of speculation. Frankly, you may not know how to write in proper sentences, but you usually aren't wrong with the information you put up here.

I'll put in the first guess: Malchuk and AAG for co-captains, with A's being Rabbani and O'Grady (big long shot, I know).
    It's all guesses, but I agree with the two captains and Rabbani. I also think that at least one of the A's will be an non-senior, but I will go with Bailen.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    2 captains and 2 assistants this upcoming season!!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 24 May 2011. There are 130 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• rvd5star69
    replied
    2 captains and 2 assistants this upcoming season!!
    We have Bergin and Bailen to fill that void. Quarterbacks are nice, but you really need someone Cornell players can dive in fro- er, someone to plant an attacking forward on his rear.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

If the ECAC pulls a USHL at the start of the season, though, we should demand that RPI moves to Hockey East.
    *****http://blogs.thescore.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tbj/files/2011/05/phil-jackson-facepalm1.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

We'll really never know. It's interesting that none of our incoming defensemen is an offensive defenseman like Quinn.
    We have Bergin and Bailen to fill that void. Quarterbacks are nice, but you really need someone Cornell players can dive in fro- er, someone to plant an attacking forward on his rear.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I have been meaning to do this for quite a while, but I finally got around to it. I posted a poll http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...8-RPI-Recruits asking which recruits do you expect to see on the team next season. I made it public because I expect some non-RPI fans to post meaningless responses. I included some (e.g., Melanson), who undoubtedly won't come this year, for completeness sake.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

To quote Herb Brooks's father, "I guess they cut the right guy."
    We'll really never know. It's interesting that none of our incoming defensemen is an offensive defenseman like Quinn.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Not quite, Ralph. I was referring to the seven game suspension that was handed down by the USHL to Luke Curadi after THE FIRST GAME, basically for being 9 inches taller than another player after laying a hit.
    I was "a bit" off.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    Please explain for the unenlightened among us - what would the ECAC have to do in order to be considered as having "pulled a USHL?"
    Not quite, Ralph. I was referring to the seven game suspension that was handed down by the USHL to Luke Curadi after THE FIRST GAME, basically for being 9 inches taller than another player after laying a hit.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Perhaps the Quinn decision by the league.
    To quote Herb Brooks's father, "I guess they cut the right guy."

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I still don't follow.
    Dubuque felt that they were being screwed by the USHL since they said that they were promised a third foreign exemption. My guess was that FlagDUDE08 was referring to something similar by the ECAC to RPI. For example, they could disagree with the NCAA's granting of Malchuk's medical redshirt.

Now I'll wait for FD08's explanation.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Perhaps the Quinn decision by the league.
    I still don't follow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X