X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    With the team banquet coming up this Saturday, does anyone have any guesses as to who will get the hardware. Last season they gave out seven awards: Team MVP, Most Inspirational Player, Most Improved Player, Best Defensive Player, Most Outstanding Freshman, Top Scholar Athlete and Community Service Award. A couple awards should be pretty obvious choices.

Also, hopefully we'll hear some further details about the schedule next season, how much more work will be done to HFH over the summer and maybe some more info regarding the incoming freshman class.
    MVP - Chase Polacek. EDIT: Though now that I think of it, MAYBE York.
    Most Inspirational - John Kennedy, given he was running practices for 3-4 months and even stood behind the bench for the games where he was injured.
    Most Improved - Probably either Josh Rabbani or Johnny Rogic.
    Best Defensive - My guess would be Allen York.
    Most Outstanding Freshman - That woul be a toss-up between Johnny Rogic and Brock Higgs, though more likely Brock Higgs.
    Top Scholar - Foss? Not sure; I don't try to snoop into their report cards.
    Community Service - Not sure.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-04-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

With the team banquet coming up this Saturday, does anyone have any guesses as to who will get the hardware. Last season they gave out seven awards: Team MVP, Most Inspirational Player, Most Improved Player, Best Defensive Player, Most Outstanding Freshman, Top Scholar Athlete and Community Service Award. A couple awards should be pretty obvious choices.

Also, hopefully we'll hear some further details about the schedule next season, how much more work will be done to HFH over the summer and maybe some more info regarding the incoming freshman class.
      Got my new computer yesterday and I'm back. My picks in order; Chase....JFK or Higgs....Rabbani....Bailen....Higgs...not privy to the last but I'll guess JFK. never did give consideration to the goalie for BDP. York certainly fits but Merriam was outstanding in his absence and should've been rewarded with 2-3 more wins. Glad we never had to experience what the loss of Bailen might've meant though.
      Last edited by turk181; 05-04-2011, 11:51 AM.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I might as well add my guesses.
        Polacek
        JFK
        Rabbani
        York
        Higgs
        don't know
        JFK?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          MVP - Chase Polacek. EDIT: Though now that I think of it, MAYBE York.
          Most Inspirational - John Kennedy, given he was running practices for 3-4 months and even stood behind the bench for the games where he was injured.
          Most Improved - Probably either Josh Rabbani or Johnny Rogic.
          Best Defensive - My guess would be Allen York.
          Most Outstanding Freshman - That woul be a toss-up between Johnny Rogic and Brock Higgs, though more likely Brock Higgs.
          Top Scholar - Foss? Not sure; I don't try to snoop into their report cards.
          Community Service - Not sure.
          I think Chase gets MVP, no doubt. Agree with you on JFK as most inspirational but I think Helfrich might get the nod as most improved and I have York getting the best defensive award. Higgs should get outstanding freshman but if the award was for outstanding newcomer instead, I believe Bailen takes it. The last two not sure.

Comment

MVP: Polacek
            Most Inspirational: JFK (or Higgs?)
            Most Improved: Lee
            Best Defensive: Foss
            Most Outstanding Freshman: One of the Frosh D

Comment

I think Chase gets MVP, no doubt. Agree with you on JFK as most inspirational but I think Helfrich might get the nod as most improved and I have York getting the best defensive award. Higgs should get outstanding freshman but if the award was for outstanding newcomer instead, I believe Bailen takes it. The last two not sure.
              Red, I totally agree with you. Helfrich is by far the most improved player. York and Higgs are also excellent choices. Chase has to be MVP and JFK was the captain even when he was injured.
              I might add that this was a great team to watch all season long.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Today is 5 May 2011. There are 149 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Pat Koudys was ranked #64 in the Hockey News's Draft preview issue. (That's including everyone, not just NA forwards.)
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Pat Koudys was ranked #64 in the Hockey News's Draft preview issue. (That's including everyone, not just NA forwards.)
                    I will take this as a half hearted attempt at an apology. Pat has great talent but also intangibles that make him a cut above. Great hockey sense, good size and a good head on his shoulders. I hope he is drafted in second or third round. Good young D-men are hard to find and this may push his stock up. Scouts I'm sure see the HUGE upside on this kid.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Another factor for Pat is his hockey perigree. His dad got a taste of the show and IMO scouts look at that. Look at Tinoradi's brother going so high last year in entry draft. Teams know these kids have been coached well from a young age.
                      Last edited by AspyDad; 05-05-2011, 07:16 AM.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        I will take this as a half hearted attempt at an apology. Pat has great talent but also intangibles that make him a cut above. Great hockey sense, good size and a good head on his shoulders. I hope he is drafted in second or third round. Good young D-men are hard to find and this may push his stock up. Scouts I'm sure see the HUGE upside on this kid.
                        Simply because percentage wise less defensemen get drafted than forwards (not by much but there are less spots to fill on defense on an NHL roster) PK is more likely to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Still incredible by RPI standards for defensemen. I still hold out some hope that we may see a second recruit get drafted in a late round but i do think PK is a lock.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          It's not. It's just stating a fact.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-05-2011, 10:28 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Red, I totally agree with you. Helfrich is by far the most improved player. York and Higgs are also excellent choices. Chase has to be MVP and JFK was the captain even when he was injured.
                            I might add that this was a great team to watch all season long.
                            I have to place a vote for Josh Rabbani as most improved or most likely to annihilate someone. The guy flat out brings it every shift and if I'm not mistaken, toward the end of the season played a few games skating with the first line. Besides, he destroyed that NoDak figure skater in the opening period of an otherwise forgettable game...
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 6 May 2011. There are 148 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I have to place a vote for Josh Rabbani as most improved or most likely to annihilate someone. The guy flat out brings it every shift and if I'm not mistaken, toward the end of the season played a few games skating with the first line. Besides, he destroyed that NoDak figure skater in the opening period of an otherwise forgettable game...
                                I agree that Josh made the most of his increased ice time this year, I just think that Helfrich coming back from two injury filled seasons finally played to his potential.
                                Also, a case could be made for AAG as the most inspirational given his role in the Higgs incident. He may have saves Brock's life. That is pretty inspirational to me.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X