X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
    Thanks JC, you're a class act.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Congrats to Pat. He is and is going to be a special player.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
        FWIW - This roster has Pat at 6'2 190lbs. RPI had him as 6' 4" 210 lbs.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          I don't think Ralph is going to apologize to me. He really has never acknowledged the contribution that I have made to this thread. It's really unfortunate because I look up to Ralph like a great, great, great grandfather figure. I've stopped seeking his approval.
          One of the rules I was taught during my time in college:
          NEVER WORK WITH SUCCESS/ REWARD IN MIND: Work for fun and the satisfaction, the rewards will come on their own. Don’t fall for cheap praise and don’t be stalled by even cheaper criticism.

Back to the hunt for JL and bringing him back to Troy. Saw a car from ontario the other day coming home from a trip but it wasnt a 20 year old scoring machine, it was just two old people.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            So they inivited the top 76 NA skaters this season. Good for Pat.
            I wonder if it's a bit of quid pro quo for Patty participating in the rules development camp this fall. In any event, thrilled for PK and the well-deserved rewards he's reaping for hard work.

Comment

Today is 4 May 2011. There are 150 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                I wonder if it's a bit of quid pro quo for Patty participating in the rules development camp this fall. In any event, thrilled for PK and the well-deserved rewards he's reaping for hard work.
                That's quite possible.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-04-2011, 07:02 AM. Reason: speeling
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's qite possible.
                  Not possible at all...The NHL is not in the business of back scratching...PK made it to the combine because he is an obvious talent that teams are considering drafting in the higher rounds.The purpose of the combine is not to evaluate your on ice performance...that has already been determined...it is to cover all the intangibles...conditioning,strength,personality etc.Congrats to Pat he earned it thru hard work and determination !!!!!!!!!!!
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                    Not possible at all...The NHL is not in the business of back scratching...PK made it to the combine because he is an obvious talent that teams are considering drafting in the higher rounds.The purpose of the combine is not to evaluate your on ice performance...that has already been determined...it is to cover all the intangibles...conditioning,strength,personality etc.Congrats to Pat he earned it thru hard work and determination !!!!!!!!!!!
                    Last year the top 75 forwards on the CSB's Final ranking were invited. This year, they invited the top 76. That seems a bit odd. They aren't going to invite everyone, so there has to be a cutoff. Why move it by one position? Knsmith's suggestion makes sense to me. I agree that Pat deserves it, but that isn't the question.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                      Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        One of the rules I was taught during my time in college:
                        NEVER WORK WITH SUCCESS/ REWARD IN MIND: Work for fun and the satisfaction, the rewards will come on their own. Don’t fall for cheap praise and don’t be stalled by even cheaper criticism.
                        I am going to put this up in my office...words to live by for sure my dear friend Fishcore.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          I am going to put this up in my office...words to live by for sure my dear friend Fishcore.
                          I'll simplify all this I work for the MONEY !!!!!!!!
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Last year the top 75 forwards on the CSB's Final ranking were invited. This year, they invited the top 76. That seems a bit odd. They aren't going to invite everyone, so there has to be a cutoff. Why move it by one position? Knsmith's suggestion makes sense to me. I agree that Pat deserves it, but that isn't the question.
                            Using that logic Im going to have Hokydad pull some strings w/his good freind Bobby Orr and see if I can get you and Knsmith invited to the combine next year....I hear your pretty strong on the bike !!!!

Comment

The following is from a blog entitled Hockey Hearsay. Seems york is moving up on the depth chart.

"The Columbus Dispatch reports that goaltender Gustaf Wesslau's short stint in the Blue Jackets' organization is over. He is returning to the Swedish Elite League to play for his former club, Djurgardens IF Stockholm, according to multiple Swedish reports.Wesslau, 26, had a difficult season for AHL Springfield playing behind a young defense. He started the season rehabbing from knee surgery and never found a rhythm. He posted a 12-16-1 record with a 3.17 GAA and .897 save percentage in 31 appearances. Wesslau was signed last offseason to a one-year-deal. Goaltending was a concern all season for the Falcons, who also played five rookie defensemen. Allen York, a late-season addition from RPI, could become the top prospect in goal next season for Springfield. York was 3-1-0 with a 2.04 GAA in four starts."

Here is the link, scroll down near the end.
                              http://www.sportsnet.ca/fantasy/hock...ockey_hearsay/

Comment

With the team banquet coming up this Saturday, does anyone have any guesses as to who will get the hardware. Last season they gave out seven awards: Team MVP, Most Inspirational Player, Most Improved Player, Best Defensive Player, Most Outstanding Freshman, Top Scholar Athlete and Community Service Award. A couple awards should be pretty obvious choices.

Also, hopefully we'll hear some further details about the schedule next season, how much more work will be done to HFH over the summer and maybe some more info regarding the incoming freshman class.

Comment

Working...
                                X