This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

While rumors run rampant on the internet, there's some buzz on the Union thread about Keith Kincaid turning pro with Wholin1 coming across some signs pointing to verification:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=32401934

http://sachem.patch.com/

Could it be that the next time York and Kincaid face each other, it will be on AHL ice?
    Wishing them well...

There's also some talk on their thread about Lehman interviewing for Providence College's open coaching position. (See also: K. Schott) Union's hockey banquet is Sunday night... stay tuned.
    Here we come!

Comment

Ken Schott's picked up the story: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...leaving-union/

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
        just got an e-mail from one the writers at hockeybuzz.com.....Kinkaid is signing
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 16 April 2011. There are 168 days (24 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            don't know the validity of this but it appears Union may be looking for a goalie after all http://sachem.patch.com/articles/sac...-jersey-devils
            Darn, I was hoping he'd wait until August to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Darn, I was hoping he'd wait until August to do that.
              I think Lehman would be a bigger loss for them. He really has improved their program immensely. Just goes to show how the Capital District programs have changed in the past few years-we had 3 fellows leave early in 2 years. That hasn't happened since the mid 80's.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                I think Lehman would be a bigger loss for them. He really has improved their program immensely. Just goes to show how the Capital District programs have changed in the past few years-we had 3 fellows leave early in 2 years. That hasn't happened since the mid 80's.
                If Kincaid goes, that will be 4. If Lehman leaves, It will be a big blow to our travel partner. Won't be able to count on them to soften up our opponents.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Nate will be the next shoe to fall. His stock will never be higher IMO.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    Nate will be the next shoe to fall. His stock will never be higher IMO.
                    I hope you're wrong about the shoe but I think you are right about the stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Today is 16 April 2011. There are 168 days (24 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                      Ralph, Ralph, Ralph,
                      Way too early for me. I have trouble counting down from 100 or is it 90 or is it 60?
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

I think Lehman would be a bigger loss for them. He really has improved their program immensely.
                        Definitely. The program has improved greatly with him.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Ralph, Ralph, Ralph,
                          Way too early for me. I have trouble counting down from 100 or is it 90 or is it 60?
                          We're a tech school.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            If Kincaid goes, that will be 4. If Lehman leaves, It will be a big blow to our travel partner. Won't be able to count on them to soften up our opponents.
                            I wonder what the offer has to be for Nate to take a serious look at it? I would think in these ecoomic times, long term security has to be paramount. Makes me also think it was a very smart idea to get a longer term contract done for SA when it was. Would not want to be in the position of trying to fill his shos in Troy right now. I have no clue what most of these coaches draw as compensation-but I would think the numbers have gone up considerably in the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Ralph, Ralph, Ralph,
                              When I was doing a year of psychiatry residency, one of the tests performed routinely to judge whether a patient could concentrate was to ask them to subract serially 13's from 100. What we found mostly was that not only could most normal patients not do it, but most psychiatrists could not do it either.

Comment

I wonder what the offer has to be for Nate to take a serious look at it? I would think in these ecoomic times, long term security has to be paramount. Makes me also think it was a very smart idea to get a longer term contract done for SA when it was. Would not want to be in the position of trying to fill his shos in Troy right now. I have no clue what most of these coaches draw as compensation-but I would think the numbers have gone up considerably in the past few years.
                                My guess is that compensation is generally on the order of $100k-$500k.

Appert's extension was smart as far as keeping him around for this year, but it really isn't going to do much next year and behind. There are basically no repercussions for coaches who leave their contracts early.

Comment

Working...
                                X