• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joecct
    replied
    Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    The only way this could happen is if it is an overlay league (i.e. a fictional crown) like Ivy League hockey. There is no way the existing ECAC teams would leave to join RIT in an even less prestigious alignment. However, perhaps they would consider a scheduling arrangement with RIT for non-league ECAC games (do we really need to play Union non-league?) to award a Liberty League trophy.

One does have to wonder who comes up with some of this stuff. Short of a complete withdrawal of the Ivies from the ECAC what motivation would Colgate have to pull out in favor of the Liberty League?
    Cost containment, less travel, and a 1/6 shot of a sure fire NCAA bid????

It was Chris Lerch who dropped it on the Thursday night Frozen Four chat room.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    The only way this could happen is if it is an overlay league (i.e. a fictional crown) like Ivy League hockey. There is no way the existing ECAC teams would leave to join RIT in an even less prestigious alignment. However, perhaps they would consider a scheduling arrangement with RIT for non-league ECAC games (do we really need to play Union non-league?) to award a Liberty League trophy.

One does have to wonder who comes up with some of this stuff. Short of a complete withdrawal of the Ivies from the ECAC what motivation would Colgate have to pull out in favor of the Liberty League?
    I think that the whole Liberty League thing started when someone misheard "Laliberte is coming to RPI".

Leave a comment:

• rpi82
    replied

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    FWIW, saw this posted on the CCT message board:

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I suspect that there will be a couple of changes from the schedule in the season ticket brochure, however, I doubt that there will be an LP game again.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Is the Lake Placid weekend on there or is that one and done?
    No, it's not on the schedule. The ECAC games are Sat. Dec. 10 at RPI....Sat. Jan. 14 at Union. Top of schedule has; TO BE SCHEDULED....(H) Bentley....... at Union

Leave a comment:

• Wholin1
    replied

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    This may have been posted already, but I got a season ticket brochure int he mail today that includes a schedule.

There is no UNH game on there. There are "to be schedule" games verse Bentley and at Union (why would we go on the road to Union???).
    Is the Lake Placid weekend on there or is that one and done?

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

This may have been posted already, but I got a season ticket brochure int he mail today that includes a schedule.

There is no UNH game on there. There are "to be schedule" games verse Bentley and at Union (why would we go on the road to Union???).

Leave a comment:

• fr joe
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    If three or more people are running, and the total between his competitors total 60%, yet none are greater than 40%.
    Looks like it'll be Roger and one opponent. But the better question may be 'why is he running?'
    Last edited by fr joe; 04-19-2011, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
    Roger Hull, former president of Union College, is running for Mayor of Schenectady, do you suppose he'll be proud to receive 40% of the vote in November?
    If three or more people are running, and the total between his competitors total 60%, yet none are greater than 40%.

Leave a comment:

• fr joe
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Last time I checked, .400 wasn't above average.
    Roger Hull, former president of Union College, is running for Mayor of Schenectady, do you suppose he'll be proud to receive 40% of the vote in November?

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

"should be" is a hypothetical case not an actual.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Perhaps every team in the ECAC thinks it should be above average?
    Last time I checked, .400 wasn't above average.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Most schools would be happy with 2 NCAA appearances in 8 years and an almost .500 overall record considering what he inherited.
    Perhaps every team in the ECAC thinks it should be above average?

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Most schools would be happy with 2 NCAA appearances in 8 years and an almost .500 overall record considering what he inherited.

Leave a comment:

• fr joe
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Clarkson lets Roll go and Kinkaid signs with the Devils.
    That is going to make for some interesting changes in the league next year.
    Wow, I just can see the threadlines now... 'Teams willingly dilute selves, embracing future Liberty League affiliation'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X