This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

I'm looking forward to see RPI play in the Frozen Four next year. In my mind, the program has made that kind of progress.

Comment

It's very good for the conference to have RPI strong again. May you win all your recruiting battles except those against us.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Andrew Catalon from Channel 13 tweeted Coach Appert saying York is 50-50 on deciding to go pro or not. Oh boy here we go.
        I wonder what he would have said the odds were for Pirri and D'Amigo a year ago.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Andrew Catalon from Channel 13 tweeted Coach Appert saying York is 50-50 on deciding to go pro or not. Oh boy here we go.
          I just saw his report on the 6:00 newscast. UGGH!!!!! Catalon teased that he would have more info and comments from Appert and York on the 11 O'clock broadcast.

UGGGGHHHH!
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Seasons over. It was quite a ride! Thank you Chase, Bryan, Tyler, John, Jeff, Scott and Kevin. You will be greatly missed and never forgotten, as you guys are the foundation of great things to come. Thank you all.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next season. With the returning players and the players coming in, we will be in for an exciting season. I would like to add Marty O'Grady's name to the list of players who played hard and didn't give up today. He may be quiet, but he gets things done. Love having him as center.

Appert had a vision and he is seeing it become a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              I just saw his report on the 6:00 newscast. UGGH!!!!! Catalon teased that he would have more info and comments from Appert and York on the 11 O'clock broadcast.

UGGGGHHHH!
              I was wondering why SA did not give Bryce the call for the third period once this one was beyond hope. Certaily it would have been good experience for him. Perhaps he has some information that we do not have that this was the swan song for York? I am just thinking out loud-but it would have been nice to see Bryce get 20 minutes in the NCAA tournament.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Looks like last ecac team going out. Yale on the ropes.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Looks like last ecac team going out. Yale on the ropes.
                  Interestingly-Allain switches goalies for the third period. I like the move even though this one cold be out of reach. BTW the O'Neill call was absurd-it was not an obvious hit to the head and he did not deserve a major and game misconduct.

Comment

So it looks like both CD goalies are on go pro watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I was wondering why SA did not give Bryce the call for the third period once this one was beyond hope. Certaily it would have been good experience for him. Perhaps he has some information that we do not have that this was the swan song for York? I am just thinking out loud-but it would have been nice to see Bryce get 20 minutes in the NCAA tournament.
                      If it were indeed the swan song and SA knew that, wouldn't he be even more likely to give Merriam the experience.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        If it were indeed the swan song and SA knew that, wouldn't he be even more likely to give Merriam the experience.
                        I thought about it both ways-I don't know. I cannot really figure out why he would not have put Merriam in for some experience at the tournament. BTW I do not think York is ready to turn pro(but then again I felt the same way about Pirri and D'Amigo)

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                          Sorry Wholin1, more than just a watch.....more like sit back and watch both go pro. Good luck to them as they both have served their respective teams well.
                          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                            York has already been drafted...but it sounds like he doesn't know whether he wants to go pro yet or finish out his RPI career with that last year of college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                              York has already been drafted...but it sounds like he doesn't know whether he wants to go pro yet or finish out his RPI career with that last year of college hockey.
                              The article states that we will lose eight seniors. Unless that is a mistake, that would have to include Malchuk who was supposed to come back for a redshirt year. IIRC, he wasn't even honored on senior night.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                The article states that we will lose eight seniors. Unless that is a mistake, that would have to include Malchuk who was supposed to come back for a redshirt year. IIRC, he wasn't even honored on senior night.
                                He was honored on Senior Night.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X