X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I believe that you are right. We are just getting started. We will be expecting a lot from our freshmen, but they come in with a lot of potential. I like our chances.
    I think that the big surprise next year will be Bryce Merriam. He can be very good, and he now has the chance to make the goalie position his own.
    We'll be in good hands.
    I was optimistic about this current year and had predicted 20-21 wins. I feel even better about next year. This is all starting to come together. Not making any prediction yet until I see that everyone who is supposed to be here actually is and is healthy. I am only a ta concerned about the goalie situation-would like to see 2 scholarship goalies in uniform-but i agree-from what we have seen Merriam is extremely capable and we are in good hands.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Not to mention, will they honor Allen York, given that he is leaving?
      Actually, he already left.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        Actually, he already left.
        Indeed. He's not even coming up in the online student directory anymore.

Comment

Any ideas as to who the captains will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoot the Puck View Post
            Any ideas as to who the captains will be?
            Joel, Nick, Mike B, Josh IMO
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I was optimistic about this current year and had predicted 20-21 wins. I feel even better about next year. This is all starting to come together. Not making any prediction yet until I see that everyone who is supposed to be here actually is and is healthy. I am only a ta concerned about the goalie situation-would like to see 2 scholarship goalies in uniform-but i agree-from what we have seen Merriam is extremely capable and we are in good hands.
              I would bet that SA will bring in another goalie, either Kasdorf or someone else. He has York's scholarship available.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-07-2011, 08:42 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Joel, Nick, Mike B, Josh IMO
                I hadn't thought about Bailen, but he certainly would be a candidate.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I would bet that SA will bring in another goalie, either Kasdorf or someone else. He has York's scholarship available.
                  Didn't Appert himself say that we WILL (not "might", etc.) have another scholarship goalie next season?

Comment

Today is 8 April 2011. There are 176 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                      Didn't Appert himself say that we WILL (not "might", etc.) have another scholarship goalie next season?
                      That's why I would bet on it.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I hadn't thought about Bailen, but he certainly would be a candidate.
                        After thinking about it for a while, how about a longshot candidate, at least for an A, of Alex Angers-Goulet? If he gets a Most Improved award, it'll be a definite. After being called out after the SLU game his sophomore year, he's really answered the wake-up call.

Comment

Just wanted to mention that the two teams helped most by bad officiating in the openning round of the playoffs are now playing in the finals.
                          I give them both credit for making the most of their chances, but they both should give a big thanks to the on ice officials for their success.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

After thinking about it for a while, how about a longshot candidate, at least for an A, of Alex Angers-Goulet? If he gets a Most Improved award, it'll be a definite. After being called out after the SLU game his sophomore year, he's really answered the wake-up call.
                            I don't think that he is really a long shot, especially since his brother was a Captain.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              Just wanted to mention that the two teams helped most by bad officiating in the openning round of the playoffs are now playing in the finals.
                              I give them both credit for making the most of their chances, but they both should give a big thanks to the on ice officials for their success.
                              It's tough to pick one of those teams to root for, but I think that I will go with tUMD over the Ugly Helmets and Most Irritating Fight Song.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

*****http://americansafetyflag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/XgGuard+sign.jpg******
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X