• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AspyDad
    replied
    Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    One of the rules I was taught during my time in college:
    NEVER WORK WITH SUCCESS/ REWARD IN MIND: Work for fun and the satisfaction, the rewards will come on their own. Don’t fall for cheap praise and don’t be stalled by even cheaper criticism.
    I am going to put this up in my office...words to live by for sure my dear friend Fishcore.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
    Not possible at all...The NHL is not in the business of back scratching...PK made it to the combine because he is an obvious talent that teams are considering drafting in the higher rounds.The purpose of the combine is not to evaluate your on ice performance...that has already been determined...it is to cover all the intangibles...conditioning,strength,personality etc.Congrats to Pat he earned it thru hard work and determination !!!!!!!!!!!
    Ditto

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Not possible at all...The NHL is not in the business of back scratching...PK made it to the combine because he is an obvious talent that teams are considering drafting in the higher rounds.The purpose of the combine is not to evaluate your on ice performance...that has already been determined...it is to cover all the intangibles...conditioning,strength,personality etc.Congrats to Pat he earned it thru hard work and determination !!!!!!!!!!!
    Last year the top 75 forwards on the CSB's Final ranking were invited. This year, they invited the top 76. That seems a bit odd. They aren't going to invite everyone, so there has to be a cutoff. Why move it by one position? Knsmith's suggestion makes sense to me. I agree that Pat deserves it, but that isn't the question.

Leave a comment:

• troyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That's qite possible.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    I wonder if it's a bit of quid pro quo for Patty participating in the rules development camp this fall. In any event, thrilled for PK and the well-deserved rewards he's reaping for hard work.
    That's quite possible.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-04-2011, 07:02 AM. Reason: speeling

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 4 May 2011. There are 150 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

So they inivited the top 76 NA skaters this season. Good for Pat.
    I wonder if it's a bit of quid pro quo for Patty participating in the rules development camp this fall. In any event, thrilled for PK and the well-deserved rewards he's reaping for hard work.

Leave a comment:

• fishcore12
    replied

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I don't think Ralph is going to apologize to me. He really has never acknowledged the contribution that I have made to this thread. It's really unfortunate because I look up to Ralph like a great, great, great grandfather figure. I've stopped seeking his approval.
    One of the rules I was taught during my time in college:
    NEVER WORK WITH SUCCESS/ REWARD IN MIND: Work for fun and the satisfaction, the rewards will come on their own. Don’t fall for cheap praise and don’t be stalled by even cheaper criticism.

Back to the hunt for JL and bringing him back to Troy. Saw a car from ontario the other day coming home from a trip but it wasnt a 20 year old scoring machine, it was just two old people.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
    FWIW - This roster has Pat at 6'2 190lbs. RPI had him as 6' 4" 210 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Congrats to Pat. He is and is going to be a special player.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
    Thanks JC, you're a class act.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I don't think Ralph is going to apologize to me. He really has never acknowledged the contribution that I have made to this thread. It's really unfortunate because I look up to Ralph like a great, great, great grandfather figure. I've stopped seeking his approval.
    I apologize to you, Hokydad, Gary Bettman, and Wayne Gretzky.

Edit: and Bobby Orr.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

I believe Adad garnered this information when he was having lunch weeks back w/Hokydad,Gary Bettman,and his good friend Wayne Gretzky.....I also understand Paul Stewart and Ken Schotts were @ the lunch.Just a note Ralph Baer was also invited to attend but refused to leave the Washington DC area something about the witness protection program
    Hokydad's good friend Bobby Orr was also there. Please see Hokydad's quote on his friendship with Bobby Orr. Comedy gold.
    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5131601

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

I believe some apologies are in order Adad...Im sure they will be graciously accepted...I hope from here on in when Adad speaks people listen !!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• troyboy
    replied

So they inivited the top 76 NA skaters this season. Good for Pat.
    I believe Adad garnered this information when he was having lunch weeks back w/Hokydad,Gary Bettman,and his good friend Wayne Gretzky.....I also understand Paul Stewart and Ken Schotts were @ the lunch.Just a note Ralph Baer was also invited to attend but refused to leave the Washington DC area something about the witness protection program

Leave a comment:

Working...
X