X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Today is 11 May 2011. There are 143 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I thought that in recent years, new jerseys were ordered every year...
    Yes that is the case. Coaches usually make $$$ from the contracts signed with equipment companies...for their teams. I know Warrior supplied our sweaters, pants and gloves this year. ..I think the helmets were Easton, but am not positive. I believe last year's sweaters were Easton...
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 05-10-2011, 10:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    It doesn't get better than when we wear the Cherry and White on the road. They are the sharpest unis in D-1. Dana, also does a great job on the black fri jersey's. He informed me that he wanted to give the RPI thread first crack at getting your favorite #'s.
    TOTALLY agree AD... I love the road sweaters...I wish we could wear them at home! Ditto your thoughts on Dana...he makes our boys fly !! NEVER underestimate the skate sharpening skill of big Dana !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

I thought that in recent years, new jerseys were ordered every year. That is far from the situation when I was at RPI.
    When we were at RPI I thought the Jerseys looked like hand me down red pajamas.

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

I thought that in recent years, new jerseys were ordered every year. That is far from the situation when I was at RPI.
    To be fair, such expenditures are probably largely based on the (not uncommon or particularly unusual but the nevertheless sharp) modern marketing tactics, i.e. selling game-used jerseys, selling Black Friday jerseys, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's probably because of the 50th anniversary patch. I don't know how the jerseys work, whether they're generally kept for all four years or only used for the one year (obviously in this case it's one year), but we'll likely be going back to what we had for the 09-10 season.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Cant believe they're selling off those new Warrior jerseys already. I wonder if the schools contract with them is up and they decided to sign on with someone new for next season. If thats the case I hope they keep the same design. The RPI jersey is one of the nicest looking in all college hockey.
    It's probably because of the 50th anniversary patch. I don't know how the jerseys work, whether they're generally kept for all four years or only used for the one year (obviously in this case it's one year), but we'll likely be going back to what we had for the 09-10 season.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

It doesn't get better than when we wear the Cherry and White on the road. They are the sharpest unis in D-1. Dana, also does a great job on the black fri jersey's. He informed me that he wanted to give the RPI thread first crack at getting your favorite #'s.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
    Ah! It's a company.

I didn't think that RPI's jerseys looked like Golden States'.

Leave a comment:

• JCrawford
    replied

What do you mean by "Warrior" jersey?
    Warrior jersey

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Cant believe they're selling off those new Warrior jerseys already. I wonder if the schools contract with them is up and they decided to sign on with someone new for next season. If thats the case I hope they keep the same design. The RPI jersey is one of the nicest looking in all college hockey.
    What do you mean by "Warrior" jersey?

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

Couldn't agree more. Love the old-school RPI lettering. Simple and awesome.

Leave a comment:

• redhead18
    replied

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Just got an email from the best equipment manager in hockey, Dana McGuane and he asked me to inform you all on the thread that the team is selling this year's jerseys with the 50th anniversary patch for $150. His contact info is on the following link http://www.rpiathletics.com/coaches....98&path=hockey

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 10 May 2011. There are 144 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I don't see how Appert would be able to talk about either Diebold or Kasdorf, becasue neither of them are in the school directory.
    You are way off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X