• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Well now I has a confus.
    I was talking about the S&W thing, as in the EIC's roommate would tell the EIC that I put up the audio file against her wishes.
    I have a feeling this is all just silliness.......
    I is the one that has a confus; we is on same wavelength.

Now returning to proper American (or Canadian if I feel like it) English...

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Wrong thing I'd talk aboot.
    Well now I has a confus.
    I was talking about the S&W thing, as in the EIC's roommate would tell the EIC that I put up the audio file against her wishes.
    I have a feeling this is all just silliness.......

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Not that I don't want to hang out with RK, but I have my own scanner and the transcript that eventually makes it up on the website will be more complete than the version that made it into the issue. And you might not tell, but her roommate would.
    Wrong thing I'd talk aboot.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

I won't tell if you don't.

That's cool, though. School before fun. Unless you have that issue and a scanner (or feel like hanging out with RKarger for a while ).
    Not that I don't want to hang out with RK, but I have my own scanner and the transcript that eventually makes it up on the website will be more complete than the version that made it into the issue. And you might not tell, but her roommate would.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Hey. Hey. Don't bring me into this. There are still some edits that have to be done to the transcript before it goes up on the S&W page, and I think they're a little more focused on finals and getting the most recent issues up, but in theory the full transcript will be up eventually..... I would just throw the audio file up here but it's not my place to do so.
    I won't tell if you don't.

That's cool, though. School before fun. Unless you have that issue and a scanner (or feel like hanging out with RKarger for a while ).

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
    I'm not sure - you can ask lugnut92, I think he's friends with the S&W Editor-in-Chief.
    Hey. Hey. Don't bring me into this. There are still some edits that have to be done to the transcript before it goes up on the S&W page, and I think they're a little more focused on finals and getting the most recent issues up, but in theory the full transcript will be up eventually..... I would just throw the audio file up here but it's not my place to do so.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
    I've got a treat for you guys! RPI TV had our last meeting of the (school) year last night, and I prepped this 6 minute clip of all our goals from this season to reminisce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLZUs8n2fA

Turn your speakers up, enjoy WRPI's emphatic commentary, and savor every last goal horn.
    I see you also included the fake goal horn from the Union game.

Once again, thank you for providing such a fabulous service. It has been a pleasure watching the replays of each home game, as well as during the game when the puck was in the northwest corner and I couldn't see past the stantions (and they really SHOULD take down the glass between section 33 and the penalty boxes, it'd result in more usage of camera 5, at least from a replay point of view ). I look forward to your work next year, and future RPI-TVers in the years following.

Leave a comment:

• RHamilton
    replied

I've got a treat for you guys! RPI TV had our last meeting of the (school) year last night, and I prepped this 6 minute clip of all our goals from this season to reminisce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLZUs8n2fA

Turn your speakers up, enjoy WRPI's emphatic commentary, and savor every last goal horn.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Rk, thanks for the article. SA is a class act. Glad he is staying. Good read, thanks again, RK

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

Whatever happened with them? The most recent one I find is from a month and a half ago.
    I'm not sure - you can ask lugnut92, I think he's friends with the S&W Editor-in-Chief.

Scanning the Poly article was a success but I haven't found my copy of that issue of S&W, I'll see if there's an old issue still in Commons when I go dinner.

*****http://i56.tinypic.com/pyexc.jpg****** (First page with headline visible and bottom of text cut off)
    *****http://i55.tinypic.com/2s1nq4w.jpg****** (First page with bottom of text visible and headline cut off)
    *****http://i55.tinypic.com/vrx9xx.jpg****** (Second page)

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

My printer that's about three feet away from me has a scanner, however I frequently can't get it to work...I'll give it a shot. If it works I'll try to scan the S&W interview with SA as well if I still have a copy around.
    Whatever happened with them? The most recent one I find is from a month and a half ago.

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

Find a scanner on campus.
    My printer that's about three feet away from me has a scanner, however I frequently can't get it to work...I'll give it a shot. If it works I'll try to scan the S&W interview with SA as well if I still have a copy around.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

The Poly (newspaper on the RPI campus) named Seth Appert as their Poly Person of the year. They aren't currently publishing online (poly.rpi.edu) or I'd get a link to share the article with all of you. The article talks a bit on SA's own hockey career and why he chose to come to RPI. It also talks about the community related things the team's done, like adopting Ben Mayo, a young boy with cancer, onto the team.
    Find a scanner on campus.

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

The Poly (newspaper on the RPI campus) named Seth Appert as their Poly Person of the year. They aren't currently publishing online (poly.rpi.edu) or I'd get a link to share the article with all of you. The article talks a bit on SA's own hockey career and why he chose to come to RPI. It also talks about the community related things the team's done, like adopting Ben Mayo, a young boy with cancer, onto the team.

Leave a comment:

• hockeymascot
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Yes that is the case. Coaches usually make $$$ from the contracts signed with equipment companies...for their teams. I know Warrior supplied our sweaters, pants and gloves this year. ..I think the helmets were Easton, but am not positive. I believe last year's sweaters were Easton...
    WS......you have it somewhat correct. They don't really make $$$$$, however, they are provided with product. Any $$$$$ made in the contract must be spent on additional product. Also, additional free product is usually tied into amount of $$$$$ spent on product throughout the year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X