• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2011: There Will be a Title Here Next Season

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    The ground breaking and always thought provoking Withour A Peer website is running a contest. Check it out.

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/05/pouring-it-on.html
    I did not realize that we've never played a certain team before (I won't spoil it for the others). As for the other three, I know about Canisius and Northern Michigan, but can't think of the other... Nebraska or Bemidji?

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

The ground breaking and always thought provoking Withour A Peer website is running a contest. Check it out.

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/05/pouring-it-on.html

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
    RPI Athletics uploaded a video of 2010-2011 highlights today, nice montage of some great moments from the last season.
    This was the highlight reel that was shown at the banquet. I believe it was put together by our great Dir. of Hockey Operations, Kevin Anderson. For those who know Kevin, he is an incredible individual and as Coach said during the banquet, "a great hockey guy". Kevin is instrumental in making the whole program work. Thanks, Kevin.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

I did like that it included some non-scoring highlights, like excellent saves and hits.
    Josh Rabbani for his own highlight reel?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I did like that it included some non-scoring highlights, like excellent saves and hits.
    That too.

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Alas, no goal horns. Sure they included some away footage and some TWCS footage, but I still rate RPI-TV's higher.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Alas, no goal horns. Sure they included some away footage and some TWCS footage, but I still rate RPI-TV's higher.
    That was my thought also. In addition, it wasn't chronological which made it hard to follow.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

RPI Athletics uploaded a video of 2010-2011 highlights today, nice montage of some great moments from the last season.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 17 May 2011. There are 137 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    But the odds would have been better with the higher seed which we would have had with an ECAC championship.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• troyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
    Just for the heck of it, I looked back to 2006 to see how far Frozen Four participants made it in their own conference tournament (I neglected consolation games). As one would expect, the vast majority of FF teams at least made the final weekend of their tournament. There were several, though, that lost best of 3 early round series.

UMD - WCHA Quarterfinals (F5 play-in)
    Michigan - CCHA Semifinals
    North Dakota - WCHA Champion
    Notre Dame - CCHA Semifinals

BC - HE Champion
    Wisconsin - WCHA Semifinals
    Miami - CCHA Semifinals
    RIT - AH Champion

BU - HE Champion
    Miami - CCHA Quarterfinals (Best of 3)
    Bemidji State - CHA Champion
    Vermont - HE Quarterfinals (Best of 3)

BC - HE Champion
    Notre Dame - CCHA Semifinals
    Michigan - CCHA Champion
    North Dakota - WCHA Semifinals

Michigan State - CCHA Semifinals
    BC - HE Champion
    Maine - HE Quarterfinals (Best of 3)
    North Dakota - WCHA Runner-up

Wisconsin - WCHA Semifinals
    BC - HE Runner-up
    Maine - HE Semifinals
    North Dakota - WCHA Champion
    Nice Work Timmah!

Leave a comment:

• troyboy
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I would be very surprised if he has not been chosen by the end of round 4. I figure a late 3rd or early 4th pick. He seems to be the rock we will build our defense around for the next 3 years.
    Mark no mistake Pat will be the anchor on our defence...lets hope he stays 2 more years at least.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Another opinion from a Hockey's Future poster http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...4&postcount=11
    I would be very surprised if he has not been chosen by the end of round 4. I figure a late 3rd or early 4th pick. He seems to be the rock we will build our defense around for the next 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Another opinion from a Hockey's Future poster http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...4&postcount=11
    86. Koudys, Patrick - “Mr. Character” - D - Canada
    6’4”, 210 lb., L, RPI, ECAC, 15-Nov-92, Stats: 31-1-2-3-14-(-1) - Rated 76th North American Skater by NHL Central Scouting, about 99th overall
    If you were drafting on character, he’d go first overall,” says Mark Jooris, who coached him on the Burlington Cougars in 2009-10 when he was named the league’s “Top Prospect”.
    (http://www.therecord.com/sports/arti...imb-the-ladder). In addition to his character, maturity and coachability, Koudys brings an imposing size, a cannon of a shot, a nice first pass and decent straight ahead skating. He also comes from a hockey family as his Dad (Jim) won an Allan Cup and played for the Islanders in NHL exhibition games. However like a lot of teenagers looking for a job, Patrick’s resume is pretty lean as he saw only limited ice time this year as a frosh at RPI. Therefore, Patrick is more projection than reality at this stage and he also has to work more on his agility as well. Where does Patrick go??? NHL Central Scouting has him 4th which is about right but somehow I feel there is too much potential for at least one team not to make a grab for him in the third.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X