• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten retaliation

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
    wait, didn't I more or less say that?
    No, you didn't.
    Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
    ya because using a threat to get a fair scheduling agreement, and use of a threat leading to a scheduling agreement are oceans apart....
    You read Rhett's post very differently than I did. I read Rhett's post as saying that if the WCHA/CCHA make excessive threats or boot the Big 10 schools, the Big 10 schools will just walk out the door and arrange their own agreement to start playing each other immediately. They would not have an offical conference for a couple years, but those schools can rack up the PWR rankings on their own such that some of them would get in on autobids. Rhett can correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation of his post, but if I'm right, he's not saying the threat would get them to agree to fair 1:1 scheduling agreements with the schools that remain in the WCHA/CCHA, which is what you were saying.
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      52 > 6 no matter how you slice it. It's time to stand up against the hegemony. The immediate formation of the MSHA (Morally Superior Hockey Association) amongst the 52 non-B1G schools can accomplish that. Even just a loose confederation of the 52 with an unspoken and unwritten agreement to not schedule these hockey schools in ANY games and you'll put these bastiges in their place.
      That'll last until the first time a Big 10 school waves a 6-figure payday in front of a small, struggling program in exchange for a trip to their arena. Even without the MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration ), I expect this will go on.
      Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      I haven't seen this much hate directed at Minnesota in a few years. It's nice to see the formation of a conference has brought back the animosity that has been noticeably absent during the last four mediocre seasons. Thank you, Big Ten!
      Dam rodents! If you can't be relevant on the ice, you'll resort to rearrangement of the hockey landscape!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        No, you didn't.

You read Rhett's post very differently than I did. I read Rhett's post as saying that if the WCHA/CCHA make excessive threats or boot the Big 10 schools, the Big 10 schools will just walk out the door and arrange their own agreement to start playing each other immediately. They would not have an offical conference for a couple years, but those schools can rack up the PWR rankings on their own such that some of them would get in on autobids. Rhett can correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation of his post, but if I'm right, he's not saying the threat would get them to agree to fair 1:1 scheduling agreements with the schools that remain in the WCHA/CCHA, which is what you were saying.
        Since you are a Sioux fan I will poke fun at you... I think you mean they would get in on PWR rather than autobid since the autobid is only for conferences.

Want some more fuel for the fire... In the FAQ sent from the Gopher ticket office they describe the Big Ten as "the first major BCS conference to sponsor hockey." That proves the overall plan is to eliminate the playoffs in favor of bowl games in which the BCS conferences get to decide who plays. Goodbye PWR and autobids. 6 BT teams = 3 bowl games.

(For Wisconsin students/grads...I'm only joking here. Bowl games will not really happen.)
        Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
        Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
          as a taxpayer in Michigan, either one works for me
          In that case I'll just thank my lucky stars that people smarter than you are running the state

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
            Since you are a Sioux fan I will poke fun at you... I think you mean they would get in on PWR rather than autobid since the autobid is only for conferences.
            Yes, I meant to type "...can rack up the PWR rankings on their own such that some of them would get in on at-large bids."

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
              LSSU just started a 5 million dollar renovation/addition to their hockey facilities....trust me this university's hockey program is the lifeblood of this very small school and isn't going anywhere, LSSU would close its doors as a university before they got rid of the D1 hockey program, you can take that to the bank.
              That's even WORSE, the BTHC is going to force a whole university to close.
              Originally posted by Mankato student
              Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
              "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
              -- Peter Klein

Comment

Working...
              X