No announcement yet.

My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Team's Out, So I'm Cheering for...

Umm... After RPI fell, it was Yale and Merrimack, then Denver, then UNH, and now I have no idea. I guess an Irish-Sioux final would be funny from a nickname point of view... I mostly want UND to beat Michigan (preferably with 6 goals) and then be destroyed by whoever they play in the final.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

My team's now out, and so I am cheering for the team to beat us to win the whole thing!

If you are going to lose, might as well be eliminated by the eventual winner!

PS thanks UND that 6-1 victory yesterday doesn't leave us feeling quite as glum....
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

NDak-they have just been so impressive and they are on the roll.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

1) Minnesota-Duluth
          2) Anyone but Michigan!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
            Notre Dame and Michigan
            CCHA
            A true Wildcat fan would never root for the Washetenaw Weasels in hockey.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'm cheering for the Irish because they're a gutsy bunch and I'm interested in seeing Pooley succeed for some strange reason.
              If that doesn't work, I'm also rooting for tUMD because they're due and they're fans really enjoy beer. Strangely enough, so do I.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I'm hoping for a UMD / UND final. As much as the blonde hair bothers (and reminds me of Concordia MO), I would like to see UMD win the whole thing.
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                Originally posted by duper
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

North Dakota Fighting Sioux! My cheering for them will now be the kiss of death!
                  There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    A true Wildcat fan would never root for the Washetenaw Weasels in hockey.
                    Your envy is noted...
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I'll pull for Duluth to get their first title. In the championship, I'll go with UND as their opponent, just because I think they were the best team this year and I wouldn't mind seeing them play one more time.
                      BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                      CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                      2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                      2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                        Notre Dame and Michigan
                        CCHA
                        Thanks, I already stated on another thread that I'm pulling for rudy to win their Semi-final because 1.) CCHA pride, and 2.) I want a rubber match with rudy (we split our season series) and the NC game would be an awesome stage for that. NoDak scares me though...
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          Thanks, I already stated on another thread that I'm pulling for rudy to win their Semi-final because 1.) CCHA pride, and 2.) I want a rubber match with rudy (we split our season series) and the NC game would be an awesome stage for that. NoDak scares me though...
                          I was just reminded that Michigan is already up 2 to 1 on rudy this year. I forgot about the CCHA Consolation game, I guess that shows how much I care about 3rd place games...

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            My team's now out, and so I am cheering for the team to beat us to win the whole thing!

If you are going to lose, might as well be eliminated by the eventual winner!

PS thanks UND that 6-1 victory yesterday doesn't leave us feeling quite as glum....
                            Exactly my theory also, although I don't really care.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As long as there are Bulldogs around, I'll root for them, even if it's the wrong set of Bulldogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X