Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NCAA Selection Show Thread

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    Can't you buy them on the street? That's what I did in Denver, and I saw both Gopher games for under face value.
    Sure, no guarantees, though. If the games are sold out, or close to it, tickets might be more expensive.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
      Sure, no guarantees, though. If the games are sold out, or close to it, tickets might be more expensive.
      I doubt the price would go up enough to make attending two games costlier than buying the $77 set.

When was the last time a regional actually sold out? Did the one with UNH and BU from a couple years ago accomplish that?

Comment

I doubt the price would go up enough to make attending two games costlier than buying the $77 set.
        True, I'm just tossing out scenarios where that wouldn't work. (Also, if you have a larger group, you might not all get tickets together, but I suppose if there's space on the upper level, you could all migrate up there.)

When was the last time a regional actually sold out?
        Never? I'm not sure any of the regionals I've been to (most years since 2002) have been sold out. 2002 in Worcestor might have; UNH, Maine, BU, and Cornell all in that regional (along with Quinnipiac and Harvard; last year of the 12-team field), and I seem to remember the upper section being pretty packed.
        Last edited by thecomicbookguy; 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM.
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

When was the last time a regional actually sold out? Did the one with UNH and BU from a couple years ago accomplish that?
          North Dakota sold out its regional in 2006.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            North Dakota sold out its regional in 2006.
            My guess would have been that one or the Green Bay one that same year with UW playing out there.

I know the one at MN in '05 was a few hundred short of a sellout.

Comment

My guess would have been that one or the Green Bay one that same year with UW playing out there.

I know the one at MN in '05 was a few hundred short of a sellout.
              Looks like Green Bay in '06 brought in about 8k/game that Wisconsin was in. According to wikipedia, capacity for hockey is 8700.

What about Minnesota in '03?
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

2003 attendance:
                9,554 (day 1 - MN v Mercyhurst)
                9,622 (day 2 - MN v Ferris State)

Again, not quite a sellout but close (this was pre-suites, so capacity was just under 10k IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                  The per-game cost isn't bad, but also not relevant, since you can't by tickets per game. You have to buy all three.
                  Originally posted by UML View Post
                  Not everyone can/wants to go both days. I think that's what people are complaining about.
                  Last year, I bought day one tickets for Worcester. When BC beat Alaska, I bought tickets for the next day. Is that not an option in Manchester?

Assuming both your children are under 12 years of age it would cost a family of four $268 before you even get in the place. Then factor in parking, gas and food for two days.
                  Right, which is why I said I was speaking as an individual...

Comment

Did the one with UNH and BU from a couple years ago accomplish that?
                    Close, but not full. There was 7,800 and capacity is 10,000, though I don't remember there being 2,000 empty seats there. A decent number of BU fans may have been saving their money for the FF. The UNH crowd was good, but not dominating.
                    time to write new history

Comment

• They are only selling two day packages at this point. I just think it's wrong to force people to buy tickets to both days. Some people can't do both days, especially since Sundays game is an 8:00 pm game.
                      Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Last year, I bought day one tickets for Worcester. When BC beat Alaska, I bought tickets for the next day. Is that not an option in Manchester?

Right, which is why I said I was speaking as an individual...

Comment

Late to the commentary - but ESPN2 would have been better off with Tom Brady doing commentary rather than that turd burglar Barry Melrose... at least Brady has cut his hair in the past 2 decades.

Comment

They are only selling two day packages at this point. I just think it's wrong to force people to buy tickets to both days. Some people can't do both days, especially since Sundays game is an 8:00 pm game.
                          I agree with this.

Stealing an idea from someone else on this, but I like it...

"The #1 seed could be given a choice (if possible) if they would prefer to play the host school or travel. ie, BC would have a choice if they want to stay home and play UNH or would they rather travel. This would of course depend on all the other criteria falling into place regarding seeding, starting with the first #1, then 2nd, etc. This would let the #1 seed have some say in what they determine to be to their advantage as being the #1 seed."

Comment

[QUOTE=J.D.;5093144]Last year, I bought day one tickets for Worcester. When BC beat Alaska, I bought tickets for the next day. Is that not an option in Manchester?QUOTE] I have to believe that if they don't sell out 10,000 2-day packages they will sell single game tickets on Sunday. No way they leave seats empty if there are willing buyers.
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

They are only selling two day packages at this point. I just think it's wrong to force people to buy tickets to both days. Some people can't do both days, especially since Sundays game is an 8:00 pm game.
                              Usually the day of the games you can buy individual tickets once they realize they won't sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Usually the day of the games you can buy individual tickets once they realize they won't sell out.
                                Which is best if you're going alone (more likely to be single seats in the "prime" areas), or if your group doesn't care that they might be up high.
                                -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                                X