Merrimack College 2010-2011: playoff run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: playoff run

Tough loss last night for the Mack. Played well enough to win but the hockey gods were with the Irish last night.
    Great season Mack! You'll be back.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Congratulations to Merrimack for their great season. Welcome to the top 4!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I was at the game last night and left very upset that you guys are not moving on. The better team did not win that game. With the experience that your guys got last night, I really hope that your players do not leave early and take it to the next level next season. I'll be following the team!

Comment

i dont know if i can ever recover from that blow.... this whole season led up to that ending?? its just not right, the team completely outplayed nd and deserved better, really sucks it had to end that way but thats hockey. Just sucks sooooooooooo much that amazing season and many of these players amazing carreers had to end like that.
          MERRIMACK WARRIORS

Comment

Congrats on a great season, MC. I was definitely pulling for you last night, and it was a punch in the gut to see that last one go in. I don't know how many times I told casual fans this year that this was not the Merrimack they remember from past years - hopefully this is a foundation on which to build future success.

Comment

Gallery now added to the recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2011/03/...ast-merrimack/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorHockey11 View Post
                i dont know if i can ever recover from that blow.... this whole season led up to that ending?? its just not right, the team completely outplayed nd and deserved better, really sucks it had to end that way but thats hockey. Just sucks sooooooooooo much that amazing season and many of these players amazing carreers had to end like that.
                Welcome to the tournament. Definitely been there! You guys had a fantastic season and your success is great for Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                  I think BC, BU, UNH and Northeastern will all be average.
                  Curious what you consider to be average. Even with the expected early departures of Cam Atkinson and Jimmy Hayes, the consensus amongst BC fans seems to be that they will still have enough to compete for an NCAA tourney bid.

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  I'm not sure da costa is a lock to leave. He really didn't improve from last year as a result his stock dropped. He wasn't even ever mentioned as a serious Hobey contender. Maybe but I think MC may get him back for another season. As for Cannata, he had a heck of season, but I think the lack of high pressure games got the best of him. He wasn't stellar in the HE playoffs and wasn't in it for parts of the NCAA game.
                  How old is Da Costa anyway? 21? 22? I would have to agree that his stock certainly hasn't gone up this year, but I don't know that it's dropped all that much either. I have no sources, but as a free agent, I don't think it's a lock that he leaves either. I think he could benefit from one more year at Merrimack. All depends on who's interested in him though. I'm hoping the Bruins are at least.

re: Cannata--agree. Plus, Cory Schneider has emerged at the NHL level. He's obviously not gonna get the games Luongo does, but he's made the most of the playing time he has gotten. If you're looking at it organizationally, Schneider left after three years too...but he was a first round pick and had more experience than Cannata.

I really believe it would be best if both returned, but again, not up to me.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    How old is Da Costa anyway? 21? 22? I would have to agree that his stock certainly hasn't gone up this year, but I don't know that it's dropped all that much either. I have no sources, but as a free agent, I don't think it's a lock that he leaves either. I think he could benefit from one more year at Merrimack. All depends on who's interested in him though. I'm hoping the Bruins are at least.
                    Da Costa is 21, turns 22 in November. IMO, it's a lock that he's leaving: every year that he stays at MC he is losing money as a professional. It's a sad truth for MC fans, but in retrospect, watching him for a 2nd season was a real treat.

If he makes the NHL this season, he would be he first Merrimack player in the NHL since 2002.
                    "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                    "Why?"
                    "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
                      Da Costa is 21, turns 22 in November. IMO, it's a lock that he's leaving: every year that he stays at MC he is losing money as a professional. It's a sad truth for MC fans, but in retrospect, watching him for a 2nd season was a real treat.

If he makes the NHL this season, he would be he first Merrimack player in the NHL since 2002.
                      Agreed. I'd say Cannata and Da Costa are gone. Stollery, Todd, Bigos, Flanigan are flight risks, to use a corny expression from INCH.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post

Who was that? John Jakopin played with the Sharks in the '02-'03 season.
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                          Who was that? John Jakopin played with the Sharks in the '02-'03 season.
                          I was thinking of Jakopin, just a year off it seems. Upon further review, it looks like Matt Foy played in '07-'08 for the Minnesota Wild (despite the fact that he was one and done at Merrimack in '01-'02)...so I guess it hasn't been that long...
                          "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                          "Why?"
                          "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

A great season for the team, program, and school. I'm renewing my tix and will probably be increasing the number of seats due to a bunch of friends coming onboard as well. With the potential return of Canatta, the emergence of the Madsen/Sheen/Flannigan line, and what looks like some great recruits, it's hard not to be excited for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                              A great season for the team, program, and school. I'm renewing my tix and will probably be increasing the number of seats due to a bunch of friends coming onboard as well. With the potential return of Canatta, the emergence of the Madsen/Sheen/Flannigan line, and what looks like some great recruits, it's hard not to be excited for next year.
                              Ashame how Cucci and Barton's MC careers ended. They were either no-shows or injured for much of the last five weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X