• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
    Almington.

Doom and Gloom! Is that all you eat?
    No, I alternate those with cynical, bitter, angry, and indignant. Gives me a well balanced diet.

Comment

Meanwhile, back in Madison, a casual reminder to all of the sour grapes eatin', Barry hatin' hockey fans *raises hand* that Barry is actually really good at the only thing he actually needs to do well (make $$ for the department). He has been rewarded thusly.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/125192104.html
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        Can't wait for UW to miss the tounament after ending the season in the 12th spot in the PWR. More conferences=more autobids=fewer at large bids. That's even before the threat of dropping down to a 12 team tounament if more teams fold: should the number of teams drop beloww 56, I think that the NCAA will really have to consider that move (which isn't good for ANY of the remaining teams)

I think that it is to early to tell what the total fall out from that move will be, particularly since the ND domino has not yet fallen. But I think that between the remaining WCHA, CCHA, and western AHA plus UAH the teams can be shifted to have 3 stable 8 team conferences.

That said, all this does is make it EVEN more apparent how critical UMN and UW were to the WCHA. And it will kill any chance of playing UND until they drop the sioux name, as any scheduling agreement would have been made with the WCHA and not the new motel 6/super 8 conference.
        so it's just UW's stance on knicknames that will stop the games from happening in the future? If so, they need to have their effing heads examined. Play the Illini, play the Seminoles, but oh no, not the Sioux!

as for Barry and the raise....does he use normal doors anymore or cars? or is his head just small enough to fit through?
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          as for Barry and the raise....does he use normal doors anymore or cars? or is his head just small enough to fit through?
          Give him a break. He's just trying to feed his family.

Comment

so it's just UW's stance on knicknames that will stop the games from happening in the future? If so, they need to have their effing heads examined. Play the Illini, play the Seminoles, but oh no, not the Sioux!
            Between UW having a well-meaning rule, the NCAA buckling to big money from the major conferences, UND being stupid and suborn, and some radical political correctness advocates acting on the Sioux reservations, the end result is this giant ****pile of a mess. Yeah bureaucracy!

Just remember that when Barry travels, the tides change.

Comment

Been down this road many times but Illinios and Florida State are on good terms with the NCAA because the Seminole tribe aproved FS's use and Illinois retired their "hostile and abusive mascot." But North Dakota is trying to tell the NCAA to **** off. I may be wrong on this but I thought Minnesota had the same policy as us on this. Would be interesting if UND couldn't play Minnesota or Wisconsin in non conference games because they refuse to change he name.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Meanwhile, back in Madison, a casual reminder to all of the sour grapes eatin', Barry hatin' hockey fans *raises hand* that Barry is actually really good at the only thing he actually needs to do well (make $$ for the department). He has been rewarded thusly.

Wow, Barry has the balls to ask for another substantial raise, but yet the hockey team, who makes 4 million to the university, cannot play games in the East Coast anymore because it would save $20,000 to the university. What a hypocrite. Hey Barry you know how you can save money for the university? Stop asking for raises when you are already one of the highest paid AD's in the country.

The fact that Barry really pushed for Rutgers as the 12th member of the Big Ten is all you need to know about the guy. Money supercedes integrity in his mind.

Late to the party, but I agree with all of Almington's, Solovsfet, Exile's, Timothy's, etc posts.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

That picture of him at the link is great, looks like an invisible EoDS just punched Barry in the chin.

Barry does great for UW sports overall, no doubt, but w/ a horrible economy and tons of Badger fans out of work, maybe Barry should have just been happy to reap in more in one year than I'll make in a decade.
                  Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                  Originally posted by UWisco
                  It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                    That picture of him at the link is great, looks like an invisible EoDS just punched Barry in the chin.
                    I like to think that that was going to be on the cover of the rap album that Barry was making... in his mind.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Ugh........can we please talk about something else, this Barry **** is getting real annoying. Let's talk about some real hockey like the year coming up.

P.S. Don't you be Hatin' on this post.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        Can't wait for UW to miss the tounament after ending the season in the 12th spot in the PWR. More conferences=more autobids=fewer at large bids. That's even before the threat of dropping down to a 12 team tounament if more teams fold: should the number of teams drop beloww 56, I think that the NCAA will really have to consider that move (which isn't good for ANY of the remaining teams)
                        Here's the thing, though - more conferences with more autobids is a good thing for college hockey.

It will give a team like UAA or MTU in the leftovers conference an actual chance to win and make the NCAAs again. Personally, I think the potential for winning games will probably be far more of an attendance draw than the opposing team, but that's just me.

With PSU, college hockey was trying to squeeze 36 'western' teams into just three conferences - that was simply not sustainable.
                        "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post
                          Here's the thing, though - more conferences with more autobids is a good thing for college hockey.

It will give a team like UAA or MTU in the leftovers conference an actual chance to win and make the NCAAs again. Personally, I think the potential for winning games will probably be far more of an attendance draw than the opposing team, but that's just me.

With PSU, college hockey was trying to squeeze 36 'western' teams into just three conferences - that was simply not sustainable.
                          I endorse this post 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            I endorse this post 100%.
                            I agree also

Comment

Originally posted by blockski View Post

I also agree with this post. The 12-team leagues in football are fine, because FBS football has over a hundred teams. With only 58 college hockey squads, a 10- or 12-team league is too big.

This might signal the start of college hockey's divide into the majors and midmajors.

Comment

• Originally posted by blockski View Post

I suspect that the majority of fans from the leftover teams don't see this as a god thing.

I fully recognize that realignment needed to happen, but the problem is that teams are going to be left behind and fold. Losing teams is never good and it's even worse when that could result in 6 conferences with autobids to a 12 team NCAA tournament.

I'm still trying to figure out who these 36 western teams are, unless the PA and western NY Atlantic Hockey teams are considered "western".

Comment

Working...
                                X