X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
    Im sure most of us are expecting nothing less than another NCAA championship. Thats what we've come to expect as Badger fans. Winning the WCHA, getting an NCAA bid and making the Frozen Four would be a heck of a season though, especially with how young and inexperience the Badgers will be.
    Im just hoping that our freshman goalie can adjust to D1 college hockey quickly because no team in the WCHA is going to cut him any slack whatsoever.
    I can't tell if this post is sarcastic or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      I can't tell if this post is sarcastic or not.
      The part about expecting nothing less than an NCAA championship is. The rest? Meh...not so much.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Seeing a lot of talk online about Eaves leaving Wisconsin to become the head coach at New Jersey. Anyone hear anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Seeing a lot of talk online about Eaves leaving Wisconsin to become the head coach at New Jersey. Anyone hear anything?
          Seems far from a lock but it wouldn't surprise any Badger fans. At least it shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            better the hell not be.

a. Schultz and Smith coming back
            b. who does Wisconsin replace him with?
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              better the hell not be.

a. Schultz and Smith coming back
              b. who does Wisconsin replace him with?
              a.) Tentatively coming back.

b.) Well, as I've stated before:
              Originally posted by Almington View Post
              Gwoz, Oz, and Mark Johnson would be my top 3 candidates (in that order) to replace Eaves if he leaves for the NHL in the next 3-5 years.

I hope that Eaves stay for 10+ more years and is at least as successful as he has been thus far.
              But you've made it very clear how you feel about option #3. There are a few other former assistants to Eaves that would also be worth considering.

Give how much success that UW has had hockeywise, it's surprising (at least to me) how few good head coaching prospects that exists among alumni.
              Last edited by Almington; 06-25-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

a.) Tentatively coming back.

b.) Well, as I've stated before:
                But you've made it very clear how you feel about option #3. There are a few other former assistants to Eaves that would also be worth considering.

Give how much success that UW has had hockeywise, it's surprising (at least to me) how few good head coaching prospects that exists among alumni.
                how long is Oz's tosu contract?

gwozdecky is certainly an interesting idea, but I do recall him saying previously re: Wisconsin "they've had enough success there" or "they've had their time" or some such thing when asked about his interest level in the job

...another name Don Granato? but I don't know where he's been in the last 5-7 years or if he's even coaching anymore
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  how long is Oz's tosu contract?

gwozdecky is certainly an interesting idea, but I do recall him saying previously re: Wisconsin "they've had enough success there" or "they've had their time" or some such thing when asked about his interest level in the job

...another name Don Granato? but I don't know where he's been in the last 5-7 years or if he's even coaching anymore
                  It's not a question of how long is Oz's contract, it's how much is the buy-out option.

I wonder if the uncertainty of the fallout from the formation of the B1G conference might give Gwoz reason to pause for additional consideration should UW inquire.

For the record, this is all PURE speculation based the reported rumors of Eaves as a potential candidate for the Head Coaching position with the New Jersey Devils.

Comment

Not sure many schools can boast a better six-some of alumni coaches than Mark Osiecki, Don Granato, Mark Johnson, Tony Granato, George Gwozdecky, and Mike Eaves.

Comment

Eaves stats that there's been no contact with the Devils.

http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...cc4c03286.html

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post

Excellent, excellent news.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Excellent, excellent news.
                          Not that I don't believe him, but if you know the Devils Organization, you know they run a very tight ship. And Lou never lets on what he is doing, and if what he is doing gets leaked to the public, he has pulled the plug before. Not saying he has or hasn't been contacted, but the way Lou operates, it wouldn't surprise me if they have spoken or had initial talks. Just take it as some knowledge of the Devils organization.
                          Last edited by JRZ DVLS; 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Didn't NJ go through this Eaves dance last time they needed a coach? Its almost as if Lou floats Eaves name out there to the press to get the coach he's really after to sign for less money.

Comment

Originally posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
                              Not that I don't believe him, but if you know the Devils Organization, you know they run a very tight ship. And Lou never lets on what he is doing, and if what he is doing gets leaked to the public, he has pulled the plug before. Not saying he has or hasn't been contacted, but the way Lou operates, it wouldn't surprise me if they have spoken or had initial talks. Just take it as some knowledge of the Devils organization.
                              Would Eaves have any reasons to lie about the Devil's contacting him?
                              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich
                              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                                Would Eaves have any reasons to lie about the Devil's contacting him?
                                No, but they could always be in contact his agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X