X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    Great to see that the Bi6 Ten Hockey conference will happen, great for Wisconsin. Can't wait to go to some new places with the family for some road trips.
    Since I live in Philly, I absolutely can't wait to hit State College for a PSU hockey weekend. It's going to be great, I just know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
      Look out boys, the girls are already at 4.
      Fire Mike Eaves! Hire Mark Johnson!
      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
        You'd be shocked at how many comment's I've seen like that on the blog that are serious. You just can't fix stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          You just can't fix stupid.
          Yes you can, just put a rubber band nice and tight around his genitals until they fall off.
          If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
            Can Mark coach women's squeakyball?
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
              Yes you can, just put a rubber band nice and tight around his genitals until they fall off.
              That's more of a preventative measure, though. Stop the spread, nip it in the bud.
              "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

So the B6 network is going to show 40 games. Will the B6 allow other cable tv outlets (like FSN WI and WIPT) to broadcast UW games they are not going to?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  So the B6 network is going to show 40 games. Will the B6 allow other cable tv outlets (like FSN WI and WIPT) to broadcast UW games they are not going to?
                  One would hope so. The conference is all about maximizing profits from the teams AD's standpoint. I am sure Minny (FS North) and Michigan (FS-Detroit) want as many of their games televised as possible not televised on BTN. If the BTN allows this, parts of our state may be affected differently. For example, the Fox Valley does not get as many games as the Madison area. Guess I was hoping the BTHC would have changed this for fans not in the Madison market.

One thing I have a concern regarding the proposed 40 game BTN schedule is how many times will your team be shown live versus on delay basis? Will the two other one name teams starting with M get the love over us?

Comment

I'm guessing that there will be Friday doubleheaders on BTN, with an early game in the Eastern time zone (7 Eastern time) and then a later start for a Midwestern game (8:30 Central time). That wouldn't be a huge deal. Saturdays are a bit of a problem with basketball, but a lot of bball games are played on Saturday afternoons, and a lot are played on ESPN/CBS, so maybe there will be a few Saturday hockey games here and there on BTN.

But they can't show all the games, so I'm also guessing that BTN will package up whatever games they can't show and sell them to FSN, which works out nicely since Fox has a partnership in the Big Ten Network.

Comment

Yeah hopefully some games are on other channels...otherwise you'd have plenty of weekends where it's UM/MSU and UW/MN, and some wouldn't be televised. That would be a step backwards, from this fan's perspective...

Comment

Every Friday and Saturday night there should hypothetically be live hockey. I wasn't going to check all the schedules but last year the Badgers never played on Saturday night on the big 10 network. Big 10 rarely plays Sat night games.

If they do some double headers, all the better.

Comment

My big concern is that the b6 would want exclusive rights to the hockey games. Probably a far fetched concern, since they share BB and FB with other networks, but you never know. Hopefully the n/c games will not fall under the control of the b6.

The b6 network has a ton of extra channels in the expanded sports package on Charter, they could show 3 different b6 vs b6 games at the same time if they really wanted to.

Comment

Boy it felt great to see BC get throttled. Thank you CC for destroying BC.

Comment

Agreed!
                              Operation Iraqi Freedom IV - FOB Falcon/FOB Loyalty - Baghdad, Iraq
                              Operation Iraqi Freedom II - FOB Danger - Tikrit, Iraq
                              Kosovo Force 4B - Camp Monteith - Gnjilane, Kosovo

Comment

I have to agree to, good to see a WCHA team do it to.
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                                X