This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    Omaha is NOT centrally located for any of the remaining teams in the new WCHA. None are within a 5 hour drive, most are looking at at least a 7 hour drive. For Grand Forks: St. Cloud, Bemidji, Duluth are all withing about 4 hours, Mankato is about 6, UNO and MTU are about 8.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with letting the #1 overall team host the tournament every year. Then, at least, they have earned the home ice advantage.
    "Luckily" you don't have to worry about it.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

[QUOTE=BlueDevilRadio;5086227]I'll be honest saying I've only read the third page of this thread, however, has anyone hinted at firing Eaves? I feel he's a great coach and everyone knows Wisconsin produces solid NHL prospects on the blue line thanks to his staff.

Despite all the future pros on the roster UW has not won a national championship in 19 years. All coaches are equally exposed to raids on their roster by the pros. Hockey is big business in Wisconsin. Draw your own conclusions about Eaves' standing among fans.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
          Despite all the future pros on the roster UW has not won a national championship in 19 years.
          Wisconsin won the Natl. Championship in 2006, the men's and women's teams did actually. I'll give you a pass on that since you wrote that post early in the morning. They also were in the natty game last season.

Also, not all DI teams are equally poached of players. Teams like Wisconsin, Minnesota, N. Dakota, Boston College etc. have more issues with it then RIT, New Hampshire or Northern Michigan.
          Last edited by BlueDevilRadio; 03-18-2011, 01:14 PM.
          WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
          NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
          WIAC Championships: 10-11
          NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
          NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

My first Badger Hockey game was that Friday night game when Hukalo won it against UND. I had come in with an NHL mind set that this is only college hockey. When I got there I could not believe my eyes. What a game and atmosphere. UND won the championship that year as the Badgers lost to BC in Minny. That made me a fan for life. Starting this next fall I begin my 12th year as a season ticket holder. I still get butterflys every time Minnesota or the Sioux show up. I dont think that will change.

Comment

I hate this; I'm spoiled. I forgot how ****ing horrible it is bowing out this early in the season. I HATE hearing about, listening to, and watching other college teams still playing.

Thank God for NHL Center Ice and the Badger women's hockey team.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government". Thomas Jefferson
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Despite all the future pros on the roster UW has not won a national championship in 19 years. All coaches are equally exposed to raids on their roster by the pros. Hockey is big business in Wisconsin. Draw your own conclusions about Eaves' standing among fans.
                Let's just say that had you ever had any credibility...

never mind.

Keep posting though.

PS We didn't win it 19 years ago although we SHOULD have.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  Omaha is NOT centrally located for any of the remaining teams in the new WCHA. None are within a 5 hour drive, most are looking at at least a 7 hour drive. For Grand Forks: St. Cloud, Bemidji, Duluth are all withing about 4 hours, Mankato is about 6, UNO and MTU are about 8.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with letting the #1 overall team host the tournament every year. Then, at least, they have earned the home ice advantage.
                  It doesn't take MTU 8 hours to turn on their tv's.
                  If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gurtholfin;5088246]Let's just say that had you ever had any credibility...

never mind.

Keep posting though.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it. Where did you read the word "consecutive?"

Comment

Congrats to Geoffrion on his first NHL hat trick.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010021081
                      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it. Where did you read the word "consecutive?"
                        that is the absolute worst backpedal I have ever seen in 12 years on this board (and that's consecutive!)

Comment

[QUOTE=Osorojo;5086715]
                          Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                          I'll be honest saying I've only read the third page of this thread, however, has anyone hinted at firing Eaves? I feel he's a great coach and everyone knows Wisconsin produces solid NHL prospects on the blue line thanks to his staff.

You could cut and paste your exact post (just change a couple of names) and put it on the BU thread and nobody would even know the differenece. Funny...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                            I'll be honest saying I've only read the third page of this thread, however, has anyone hinted at firing Eaves? I feel he's a great coach and everyone knows Wisconsin produces solid NHL prospects on the blue line thanks to his staff.

I concur with some WCHA coaches that NHL franchises need to stop poaching kids after only 1 or 2 years in college. Perhaps a 2 year minimum requirement if a player decides to go the NCAA route versus the OHL, WHL or QMJHL. Do you think that'd send some of our best talent to Canada?

When you have a graduating senior class plus a handful of your best underclassmen bounce to the pros... Makes recruiting and player development a pain in the a**
                            There are a few here (maybe a couple) who are still ****ed that UW chose Eaves instead of Mark Johnson. There aren't many who have a problem with Eaves. How the **** can you fire somebody who 1 year ago had you in the NCAA championship game then lost 90% (or whatever it is) of your scoring?

Edit: defense isn't the only position the UW produces of late; see Joe Pavelski, Adam Burish, Derek Stepan, Jake Dowell, etc.

No way in hell you can force a young talent to stay on an NCAA team for a minimum of years. NCAA hockey would decline and the CHL would probably add another sub-league to make room. The NHL would have to police themselves in signing the young.....ain't gonna happen..
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-21-2011, 01:14 PM.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Great to see that the Bi6 Ten Hockey conference will happen, great for Wisconsin. Can't wait to go to some new places with the family for some road trips. Also congrats to Mark Johnson and women's hockey with another great year and another National Championship in Wisconsin.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                Congrats to Mark Johnson and women's hockey with another great year and another National Championship in Wisconsin.
                                Look out boys, the girls are already at 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X