• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

I enjoy Cribbage.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Dalangalang View Post
      What happened to Anders Lee (Notre Dame) or Brock Nelson (UND) last year than? I'm prettty sure the Gophers could have used them...or what about Josh Archibald, Jonny Brodzinski, Tony Cameranesi, Patrick Daly, Max Everson, Steven Fogarty, Garrett Hendrickson or Joseph LaBate this year? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's 8 of the 10 Mr. Hockey Finalists going somewhere other than the mighty Gophers!
      Don't worry, they'll somehow count it as a personal victory when any of those kids wins anything. It'll be just like they WERE playing for the Gophers.

A lot like Canada in that regards who somehow saw the Bruins winning the Cup as a victory for Canada because of the players on Boston.

I mean, I'm happy to see Steve Stricker win golf tourneys, but I don't ever see those as some sort of victory for our state.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        btw - nice avatar
        Barry loves ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Barry loves ya!
          Your avatar makes my blood boil with hate and rage.

Comment

Originally posted by almington View Post
            your avatar makes my blood boil with hate and rage.

:d

Comment

What happened to Anders Lee (Notre Dame) or Brock Nelson (UND) last year than? I'm prettty sure the Gophers could have used them...or what about Josh Archibald, Jonny Brodzinski, Tony Cameranesi, Patrick Daly, Max Everson, Steven Fogarty, Garrett Hendrickson or Joseph LaBate this year? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's 8 of the 10 Mr. Hockey Finalists going somewhere other than the mighty Gophers!
              That's rather amazing, considering what the rodent fan wote about the sue and UW getting leftovers.....looks like tDon is getting his state's leftovers.

And yeah, sign Mario Lucia up at UW. That would be awesome.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                Don't kid yourself, the best six every year? If that were the case, how come UW and North Dakota each reached a frozen four the last two seasons respectively, while minnesota sat at home eating cheetos?
                They're called Canadian recruits...do you not pay attention to your own roster?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                  They're called Canadian recruits...do you not pay attention to your own roster?!?
                  So you are saying that Canadian hockey players are better than MN hockey players?

Comment

The Gophers can't take 25 kids each year...You're not the brightest are you? Also, where did I say Lucia took the right kids? He gets his choice, but he makes a lot of mistakes picking those. If he wanted Lee, Archibald, Brodzinski (btw you're joking with this one right?...maybe his brother, but the SCSU one won't be that good), Cameranesi, Daly, Fogarty, Labate, and Hendrickson than he would have them.

Brock Nelson we had no chance becuase he is pratically Canadian / North Dakotian. Everson wanted to be a Gopher, but his mommy made him go to Harvard.

Bottom line is they are Lucia's left overs. Clearly Lucia needs help identifying the talent...but, that's not the point I was making....so your response is nullified...I win!

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      So you are saying that Canadian hockey players are better than MN hockey players?
                      Yes of course...look at the NHL. MN has the best players in the USA hands down though.

Comment

the last several years the # of Canadians on the UW roster was = to or less than minnesotans dude

Lucia doesn't need help in identifying talent, the kids are just choosing to go where they'll develop into NHL caliber talents or get coached by people who will make them NHL ready. namely Mike Eaves, and probably hackstol
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

The Gophers can't take 25 kids each year...You're not the brightest are you? Also, where did I say Lucia took the right kids? He gets his choice, but he makes a lot of mistakes picking those. If he wanted Lee, Archibald, Brodzinski (btw you're joking with this one right?...maybe his brother, but the SCSU one won't be that good), Cameranesi, Daly, Fogarty, Labate, and Hendrickson than he would have them.

Brock Nelson we had no chance becuase he is pratically Canadian / North Dakotian. Everson wanted to be a Gopher, but his mommy made him go to Harvard.

Bottom line is they are Lucia's left overs. Clearly Lucia needs help identifying the talent...but, that's not the point I was making....so your response is nullified...I win!
                          I'm not sure what you're winning....certainly not in the NCAAs the last three years!
                          Operation Iraqi Freedom IV - FOB Falcon/FOB Loyalty - Baghdad, Iraq
                          Operation Iraqi Freedom II - FOB Danger - Tikrit, Iraq
                          Kosovo Force 4B - Camp Monteith - Gnjilane, Kosovo

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            That's different from everywhere else how? Most players end up playing club hockey somewhere.
                            I was just teasing, but come on. You know exactly what I meant. Are you going to deny the fact that a kid growing up playing hockey in Minnesota has better odds of playing D1 hockey than a kid growing up playing hockey in Wisconsin? It's a numbers game. About 2.5x as many kids play hockey in MN than in WI.
                            Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 07-21-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              notice this guy has decided rodentsota has 7 NCAA championships? I wonder if the NCAA knows?

I guess that 6>5 4>2 stuff really pizzes them off!

Eaves should recruit Mario Lucia and steal that kid from the rodents...their fanbase would implode quicker than the metrodome after a 3-hour snowstorm
                              I think my signature lists 7 "National Championships", not 7 "NCAA National Championships". So, let me see if I understand you correctly? We can't count our championships in '29 and '40 because the NCAA wasn't around yet? Maybe it would have been if your school didn't decide to not support their hockey program for roughly 30 years?
                              Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 07-21-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                                I think my signature lists 7 "National Championships", not 7 "NCAA National Championships". So, we can count our championships in '29 and '40 because your school decided not to support their hockey program for roughly 30 years?
                                They should count.

Comment

Working...
                                X